ADVERTISEMENT

Andre Hunt, Miles Jones and Braxton Clark Sighting

msjgroup

Walk On
Gold Member
Jun 19, 2016
I had the pleasure of running into several Cornhuskers at Walmart tonight including Andre Hunt, Miles Jones, Moses Bryant and Braxton Clark. Very mannerable and polite young men. Miles and Braxton were both wearing a shoulder brace and said they are currently rehabbing. I asked them how long they would be out. Miles said he expects to be ready to go in the spring since he decided to shut his season down early. Braxton said he would be out longer and most likely won’t be back by spring. I also asked them how they were doing academically. They all basically said they were doing good. Miles said he expects to finish with at least a 3.5 gpa or higher this semester. I asked them how they felt about the 2019 season and the recruiting class and one of them said “It’s gone be lit”. I think it was Braxton that said it. It was a great five minutes of conversation with terrific young men.

21yls0.jpg

It probably wasn't even those 3 dudes...it was probably just 3 brothers that were hanging out at the store! Haha

Reactions: sloth316
So...a complete stranger is asking a group of kids how their injuries and academics are going? How would you like a complete stranger asking your kids the same questions?

Please don't ever do this again.

Reactions: sloth316
So...a complete stranger is asking a group of kids how their injuries and academics are going? How would you like a complete stranger asking your kids the same questions?

It isn't like they are a group of 12 year olds, these kids are of majority age. I wouldn't approach them, but if they started talking to me, I would engage in a conversation.

Reactions: BroskiRed
It isn't like they are a group of 12 year olds, these kids are of majority age. I wouldn't approach them, but if they started talking to me, I would engage in a conversation.

How often do people start a conversation with strangers in a store...unless talking about the weather or some other meaningless topic? Even if they did initiate the conversation, which I'm going to 'guess' they didn't, there are certain things that are off limits.

In this case, I wouldn't even mind if he asked them about the team, how they like being in Nebraska/weather, etc.. or even how rehab was going, as long as he didn't ask specifics about the injury. But asking about anything more specific than "how's rehab going" or academics is completely off limits and truly creepy. I wouldn't want anyone approaching my kids, even if they were 18-22, and asking specific questions about their injury, and certainly not their academics. It's none of their business.

I'm not going to go headlong into a HIPPA diatribe, because it doesn't apply to the public, but let's use some common sense here.

I have talked to biatches at the store...when I am working my magic (My magic is not good)

I can't get over how funny this is though...

"Hello there, how are your grades going?"

"You don't know me, but I'm in row 84, seats 17 and 18 in North stadium...and I'm wondering if you're catching any grief from the counselors or coaches about that C- on Dr. Ribosome's Bio 101 quiz?"

"You don't know me, but I'm in row 84, seats 17 and 18 in North stadium...and I'm wondering if you're catching any grief from the counselors or coaches about that C- on Dr. Ribosome's Bio 101 quiz?"

That is ****ing awesome!

"So there, young fellers, any classes giving you a hard time? I bet there are lots of cute coeds that will help you out"

I just think you are unnecessarily putting the creep factor into it.

Well, we disagree. I don't know if it's necessarily significant creep factor here, but it's certainly posing potentially very uncomfortable questions here. I know I would never broach these topics with our players. Even if I did recognize them, I would just give them the 'nod' or the thumbs up and leave them alone.

The Twitter universe has made us too comfortable around people we don't know from Adam, IMO.

No, it's pretty creepy.

Just out of curiosity, do the dudes that get starstruck actually live in Lincoln or go to (ever gone to) UNL?

You are assuming he was running up to them in the sock section and hounding them. The conversation could have been had while they were waiting in the checkout line, when he saw a dude in Nebraska Football apparel, and his arm in a sling, and the conversation just grew.

I was at the grocery store with my daughter over the Thanksgiving break, she had on one of her team shirts and shorts, and a guy asked us if we were from there. She told him no, that she plays her sport up there, but was from here, come to find out he was an All American on their track and field team in the 90's. Nothing creepy, just an innocent conversation. It happens

Reactions: husker2612
A general conversation about the injury is one thing because he has a brace on and that's a natural question to ask...but to ask how classes are going is a bit over the line. At that point you are just trying to get a scoop on whether or not someone is going to be eligible. Besides, what did you expect them to tell you in terms of grades, that they are failing? Of course they say classes are going well, most of them would tell their coaches the same thing even if they were failing.

You are assuming he was running up to them in the sock section and hounding them. The conversation could have been had while they were waiting in the checkout line, when he saw a dude in Nebraska Football apparel, and his arm in a sling, and the conversation just grew.

I was at the grocery store with my daughter over the Thanksgiving break, she had on one of her team shirts and shorts, and a guy asked us if we were from there. She told him no, that she plays her sport up there, but was from here, come to find out he was an All American on their track and field team in the 90's. Nothing creepy, just an innocent conversation. It happens
Good point, because nobody in Lincoln Nebraska wears Husker apparel. He knew their names for crying out loud.

I hope you're still in your teens because if you're an adult that's kinda creepy.
This is Nebraska Im sure players get stopped almost daily. I doubt if they get asked academic stuff daily but whatever. lol If it were me that saw them I probably would have said "Go big red" and kept on walking. Each to their own.

I wouldn't have interviewed them. I think some of you are over exaggerating the creep here. These are not "kids" guessing all are 18 or over. Bit different than if he striked up a conversation with a group of 11 year old girl softball players. Remember this is Nebraska, we track planes, follow every move of coaches and players,follow high school recruits on twitter, break into coaches home to take shoes, we are obsesses. So chatting with a few players for 5 min, isn't that horrible IMO.

I wouldn't have interviewed them. I think some of you are over exaggerating the creep here. These are not "kids" guessing all are 18 or over. Bit different than if he striked up a conversation with a group of 11 year old girl softball players. Remember this is Nebraska, we track planes, follow every move of coaches and players,follow high school recruits on twitter, break into coaches home to take shoes, we are obsesses. So chatting with a few players for 5 min, isn't that horrible IMO.

Sure, chatting with players is fine. I wouldn't do it, unless I was invited to, but even then, if you choose to strike up a conversation with them, leave personal stuff out of the conversation. Details of surgeries and academics are personal stuff.

Reactions: husker2612
This is Nebraska Im sure players get stopped almost daily. I doubt if they get asked academic stuff daily but whatever. lol If it were me that saw them I probably would have said "Go big red" and kept on walking. Each to their own.

Yup, would have given them the nod or thumbs up and went about my business.

No, that time, the other kid was creeping on your daughter, and you were just in the way....Laughing

Reactions: JohnRossEwing
Sure, chatting with players is fine. I wouldn't do it, unless I was invited to, but even then, if you choose to strike up a conversation with them, leave personal stuff out of the conversation. Details of surgeries and academics are personal stuff.
Agree

“Good good, glad the grades are good. Now, the question all my rivals board brethren want to know........, carpet match the drapes?”

Any of these players have Hudl pages or Twitter accounts in high school where they posted pics and vids and engaged in the recruiting circus? Just checking. I'm sure their parents lie awake at night worrying about their privacy. Most of the parents double as their PR agents. Give me an effing break. How are these guys supposed to capitalize on their minor Husker celebrity by becoming real estate / insurance agents if they don't embrace the public now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT