ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson in portal

Sometimes I think folks have an agenda or they are fans from another team trying to cause strife. Am I wrong? Am I out of line?

Examples...
there are too many young OLs on the roster. if i were 3-4 of them i would leave.

a lot of young highly rated OLs are going to find themselves on the bench for 4 years. there are not nearly enough spots for all of them...

there is really not room for martinez, mccaffrey, and smothers on the same team for as many years as they each have left to play...

NEB will get the prima donna today. he will sit on the bench for at least 2 years.

Mills should not come back unless he hasn't finished his degree or he has nothing else to do next year except collect unemployment

these guys work their asses off. i'm shocked many of them would want to play a 5th year let alone a 6th year.

there are so many numbers at LB that youth isnt the problem. PLENTY of other programs play redshirt freshmen and sophs that are solid...

there are so many numbers at LB there will be a lot of these guys who will never play much at all in their career at NEB because there..

nothing wrong with picking up a 4 star recruit but NEB has a dozen highly recruited LBs already on the roster and apparently people

Held has 6 of his hand picked RBs on the roster? they all have multiple yrs in the system. Why in the world would they need another RB...
Bingo sure doesn’t seem like a husker fan with the vast majority of his posts...

Sometimes I think folks have an agenda or they are fans from another team trying to cause strife. Am I wrong? Am I out of line?

Examples...
there are too many young OLs on the roster. if i were 3-4 of them i would leave.

a lot of young highly rated OLs are going to find themselves on the bench for 4 years. there are not nearly enough spots for all of them...

there is really not room for martinez, mccaffrey, and smothers on the same team for as many years as they each have left to play...

NEB will get the prima donna today. he will sit on the bench for at least 2 years.

Mills should not come back unless he hasn't finished his degree or he has nothing else to do next year except collect unemployment

these guys work their asses off. i'm shocked many of them would want to play a 5th year let alone a 6th year.

there are so many numbers at LB that youth isnt the problem. PLENTY of other programs play redshirt freshmen and sophs that are solid...

there are so many numbers at LB there will be a lot of these guys who will never play much at all in their career at NEB because there..

nothing wrong with picking up a 4 star recruit but NEB has a dozen highly recruited LBs already on the roster and apparently people

Held has 6 of his hand picked RBs on the roster? they all have multiple yrs in the system. Why in the world would they need another RB...

And now this doozy:

Rivals said there was an offer, but 247 doesn’t show one and his Husker bio showed he held offers from Louisiana Tech, Louisiana and Western Kentucky, among others. Guessing KState didn’t even offer, taking a 250-260 pound kid and hoping to put 50-70 pounds on him doesn’t seem like an effective strategy.

Well welcome to PROJECT U! We take more projects, potential, upside, developmental and injured players than any school I can think of and automatically think it's gone work out in 2-3 years....

Worth mentioning again the 2019 class has only lost 2 players now with Anderson (who we agree likely wasn’t panning out). The other was Darien Chase who was an unfortunate loss as he seemed to be primed to play at WR.
There may be more to come, majority of which I would guess are the “good attrition” types.

But comparing this to 2018 and 2020 classes, it’s impressive to have kept the class in tact so far.

Oh, and once again 2019 signed no one from Florida. Go figure.
Florida kids have single handedly messed with our roster big time, particularly the 2020 mass exodus of all our top recruits.

Each kid has individual circumstances, but hard to ignore our overall failure with Florida (only 2 of 16 or 18 Frost commits still on the roster I believe was the count).
Bootle!
I know he’s not a “Frost” kid but he was from Florida. If we could find more kids like him with heart and determination, we could get more Florida kids to stay.

Bootle!
I know he’s not a “Frost” kid but he was from Florida. If we could find more kids like him with heart and determination, we could get more Florida kids to stay.
Yeah I don’t want to overgeneralize and say we stop recruiting Florida, but I do think it’s worth proceeding with more caution. Need a little more vetting there.
There’s also good football players elsewhere. It’s unfortunate since this staff has Florida ties.

ADVERTISEMENT