ADVERTISEMENT

Anderson in portal

I was wondering if he or Fritzchke (sp) might hit the portal. Several OT's in his grade or younger ahead of him on the depth chart.

Good luck to him, hope he finds a place to play.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Yeah, he needs to go or at the very least come off scholarship. Good luck to him.

With Ezra Miller and Nouredin Nouili added to the OL roster, the loss of Anderson and even another player won't be a big hit from a numbers standpoint.

Reactions: Reditus
I was wondering if he or Fritzchke (sp) might hit the portal. Several OT's in his grade or younger ahead of him on the depth chart.

Good luck to him, hope he finds a place to play.
Another case of a guy who was recruited over. There's no way to know if this is COVID related or if he just realizes he isn't going to play here. He had some other good offers if I recall correctly.

This has the appearance of a ‘heart to heart’ discussion that Austin had with him after the holidays. Best of luck to him.

KSU isn't a terrible offer and right now there's some players in the Sun Belt we could use. As I said, he was a project and we all knew that.

Rivals said there was an offer, but 247 doesn’t show one and his Husker bio showed he held offers from Louisiana Tech, Louisiana and Western Kentucky, among others. Guessing KState didn’t even offer, taking a 250-260 pound kid and hoping to put 50-70 pounds on him doesn’t seem like an effective strategy.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
We will have to project players potential in order to compete. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn’t. He was a lean athletic 255..he could of turned into a 300 pound monster with great feet. Turns out he couldn’t add ANY weight in two years. CTB was a qb in high school and he turned out to be a pro and probably our best player. Process and move on!

Rivals said there was an offer, but 247 doesn’t show one and his Husker bio showed he held offers from Louisiana Tech, Louisiana and Western Kentucky, among others. Guessing KState didn’t even offer, taking a 250-260 pound kid and hoping to put 50-70 pounds on him doesn’t seem like an effective strategy.
IF he's a kid that size who was athletic enough to play TE in high school it can be a great strategy. The NFL has a lot of guys playing OT who played TE in high school or college. Adam Carriker was a high school QB. I think he would have been an animal as a college OT. Riley Reiff from Parkston SD who was a high school TE and linebacker if I remember correctly is still a starting left tackle for the Vikings. The problem with most high school OTs is that they aren't athletic enough.

I thought I remembered KSU being after him pretty hard, right after Kleinman got hired. This shows why OL is such a numbers game. Some kids can’t put on the weight, some don’t keep their athleticism when they put on the weight.

You can't coach 6'7". Was worth a shot but if you're not willing or can't be that height and 310 lbs then it's gonna be hard to be a top tier ot

You might see a few guys leave when you oldest starting o-lineman is likely going to be a sophomore next year due to this being a free year of eligibility.

Worth mentioning again the 2019 class has only lost 2 players now with Anderson (who we agree likely wasn’t panning out). The other was Darien Chase who was an unfortunate loss as he seemed to be primed to play at WR.
There may be more to come, majority of which I would guess are the “good attrition” types.

But comparing this to 2018 and 2020 classes, it’s impressive to have kept the class in tact so far.

Oh, and once again 2019 signed no one from Florida. Go figure.
Florida kids have single handedly messed with our roster big time, particularly the 2020 mass exodus of all our top recruits.

Each kid has individual circumstances, but hard to ignore our overall failure with Florida (only 2 of 16 or 18 Frost commits still on the roster I believe was the count).

I wish him the best. It's unfortunate that he couldn't add the weight. I liked his potential but given the issue it makes sense for both parties.
We are deep with young tackles that already have the size to play.

OT...
Benhart So 6-9 330
Banks So 6-7 305
Fritzche So 6-7 290
Corcoran Fr 6-6 300
Teddy P Fr 6-9 300
Yager Fr 6-8 330

Possible Guard or tackles
Bando (G/T) Sr 6-5 315
Miller(G/T) So 6-6 325
Conn(G/T) Fr 6-6 300

Last edited:
The plan was that he add weight and develop as a Tackle. Things didn't go according to plan.
Yes. I recall when he was recruited that I thought he was a good prospect. He was undersized (in weight, not height) so he would need to put on some weight. I thought he represented the kind of players who grow into their body and go from 2 or 3 star projects to NFL draft picks. I didn't expect him to be ready to play for a few years. I don't know exactly how much he's developed, but with the numbers that NU brought into the class on the offensive line, he's already fallen way behind a number of other OL in his same class. Banks and Piper both were tentatively DL when they were recruited but are now contributors on the OL and way ahead of Anderson. Add in Benhart starting at RT, and a couple of transfers coming in last year, I think Anderson was too far down the depth chart to have much hope of starting.
When he transfers, maybe he'll be in a better position to earn playing time, and if he's a late bloomer and he grows into his frame, he may still wind up as quite a good player. It just wasn't likely to happen as a Husker.

He wasn't going to beat out the other tackles and it sounds like he is having trouble putting on the "Good" weight. Probably better for him to bounce.

Haven't heard much on fritzche. Anybody know anything there?

I believe the top 3 tackles are Corcoran,Benhart and Banks. Fritzche has the opportunity to be the 4th and get on the 2 deep, so this is a big spring for him. You could also see Corcoran slide to LG and Banks play tackle if Banks proves to be in the top 5, so again Fritzche has an opportunity to get in the 2 deep. Other than the unknown of who are 2nd unit guys will be, I have not read or heard how Fritzche is doing, so can't add to the discussion. Personally I like Nouli to win the open guard spot and Banks would stay at tackle.

Reactions: cubsker
You might see a few guys leave when you oldest starting o-lineman is likely going to be a sophomore next year due to this being a free year of eligibility.
there are too many young OLs on the roster. if i were 3-4 of them i would leave.

I believe the top 3 tackles are Corcoran,Benhart and Banks. Fritzche has the opportunity to be the 4th and get on the 2 deep, so this is a big spring for him. You could also see Corcoran slide to LG and Banks play tackle if Banks proves to be in the top 5, so again Fritzche has an opportunity to get in the 2 deep. Other than the unknown of who are 2nd unit guys will be, I have not read or heard how Fritzche is doing, so can't add to the discussion. Personally I like Nouli to win the open guard spot and Banks would stay at tackle.
if i were corcoran i would not agree to move from tackle. the money and draft position in the NFL is FAR greater for a left tackle than a guard. other programs would let him play at tackle

Sometimes I think folks have an agenda or they are fans from another team trying to cause strife. Am I wrong? Am I out of line?

Examples...
there are too many young OLs on the roster. if i were 3-4 of them i would leave.

a lot of young highly rated OLs are going to find themselves on the bench for 4 years. there are not nearly enough spots for all of them...

there is really not room for martinez, mccaffrey, and smothers on the same team for as many years as they each have left to play...

NEB will get the prima donna today. he will sit on the bench for at least 2 years.

Mills should not come back unless he hasn't finished his degree or he has nothing else to do next year except collect unemployment

these guys work their asses off. i'm shocked many of them would want to play a 5th year let alone a 6th year.

there are so many numbers at LB that youth isnt the problem. PLENTY of other programs play redshirt freshmen and sophs that are solid...

there are so many numbers at LB there will be a lot of these guys who will never play much at all in their career at NEB because there..

nothing wrong with picking up a 4 star recruit but NEB has a dozen highly recruited LBs already on the roster and apparently people

Held has 6 of his hand picked RBs on the roster? they all have multiple yrs in the system. Why in the world would they need another RB...

Last edited:
if i were corcoran i would not agree to move from tackle. the money and draft position in the NFL is FAR greater for a left tackle than a guard. other programs would let him play at tackle
If the NFL sees him as a guard, they will draft him and play him as a guard no matter where he plays in college.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT