ADVERTISEMENT

And Here's the Justin Fields Petition to the B1G (over 250K supporters)

Update: After about 10 hrs. the petition now has 192,000 supporters and rapidly approaching the 200,000 mark.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Update: After about 10 hrs. the petition now has 192,000 supporters and rapidly approaching the 200,000 mark.
Hmm. Interesting. I signed the petition about an hour ago. Said there was 3900+ signers. Must be getting shut down or censored

Hmm. Interesting. I signed the petition about an hour ago. Said there was 3900+ signers. Must be getting shut down or censored
It's now at over 194,000 when I click the link. It's been well over the number you quote for hours already. There's even a history on the site showing how supporters have grown by hour if you scroll down.

Reactions: huskerfan66
It's now at over 194,000 when I click the link. It's been well over the number you quote for hours already. There's even a history on the site showing how supporters have grown by hour if you scroll down.
Good deal. I've got several friends in multiple states signing and forwarding.

B1G has commented that it is aware of the petition but so far has said nothing else. They probably will have to issue some type of comment soon given the number of petition supporters and the star player who is involved and plays the most prominent position at THE school that is most influential in the B1G. Hard to just ignore that.

B1G has commented that it is aware of the petition but so far has said nothing else. They probably will have to issue some type of comment soon given the number of petition supporters and the star player who is involved and plays the most prominent position at THE school that is most influential in the B1G. Hard to just ignore that.
I think the big 10 officials l will stay in the basement like someone else we know Eek

I hope it has some effect on them but realistically I think Warren and the PAC12 know that the other three conferences are on more shakey ground than they are projecting publically. These conferences have talked quite a bit in the last few months. They may see it as a "matter of time" thing for the other 3 and be comfortable with where they sit.

Bama AD today not happy with the direction of things.

Reactions: bigredhunter
I hope it has some effect on them but realistically I think Warren and the PAC12 know that the other three conferences are on more shakey ground than they are projecting publically. These conferences have talked quite a bit in the last few months. They may see it as a "matter of time" thing for the other 3 and be comfortable with where they sit.

Bama AD today not happy with the direction of things.

So how does this picture change things? If there is no football, the student athletes will be in the middle of the picture exposing themselves to covid, maybe even more than they would on a football field.

I don’t get how this picture makes it more likely that they won’t play...

So how does this picture change things? If there is no football, the student athletes will be in the middle of the picture exposing themselves to covid, maybe even more than they would on a football field.

Since the South doesn't want Trump removed from office I can only conclude that there is some level of risk that even the SEC won't take. I would gather then that the Bama ADs reaction is simply to indicate his outrage at the fact that actions like these pictures are going to move the SEC conference closer to it's red line than further from it.

Smart at Georgia in his interview said that while students or the population at large might do stupid things it was on his players to make good decisions about what they do and do not do. I assume that personal responsibility will be incumbent upon the athletes if the SEC stands down as well.

Reactions: dinglefritz

What would be stopping a school in the B1G from keeping its players in the protocol?

Over 216,000 signatures as of Monday morning about 6:20 AM Central Time.

What would be stopping a school in the B1G from keeping its players in the protocol?
If they want to play, they will be more likely to stay in the protocol, duh... it’s not a guarantee, but if the structure is there they are going to be more likely to follow. Take away the structure, and there’s less reason to try.

I’m surprised you even had to ask. But I’m not surprised that you took the contrarian route... that’s all you ever do. Nebraska fans think this? Then I’ll say this instead.

When will you quit the charade of “liking” the huskers? I’ve asked about 6 times for a single solitary supportive post you’ve posted of the huskers... the team, the coaches, anything, but like every other time, this request will be met with silence as well.

Reactions: jedihusker
ADVERTISEMENT