ADVERTISEMENT

An honest question for Nebraska fans

RonaldMexico

Aug 11, 2020
First off, all smack talk aside, that was a good game yesterday.

I was curious what the Nebraska media thought about the state of the program so I listened to Frost’s post game presser and a couple of podcasts. A couple of things stood out. First was Sam Mckewons question for Frost in the presser that was prefaced by some truly embarrassing ass kissing by a reporter. Following that was the press’s complete acquiescence to the “how we did it in the 90’s” and “I don’t want to blame the previous staff but”, or “our players just need to be more disciplined”. Some of your podcasters call this out but then most fall back to the pack with their love of Frost. Does anyone think that your media is not doing Nebraska football any favors by just rolling over so Frost can scratch their belly? What would happen to them if one just said, “ it is year three, isn’t time that you take ownership of what is happening in 2020”?

Last edited:
Our media does that only the week before (and after) a guy is fired. It's pathetic.

Reactions: Wannabee8
Here's the thing, everybody and their dog knows that Frost isn't very good at leading a team or in a nicer way to put it, he's in over his head. He's still a young coach and learning on the fly. Now, his staff (buddies) I would say the majority are not ready for the B10. Most of the B10 teams have experienced staffs that know how to coach and make adjustments quickly. Now back to the reporters, they don't challenge Frost because:

- Fear of losing credentials
- What good does it really do? We can't afford to fire a head coach.
- Does no good putting bulletin board material for other teams to use against us, especially in recruiting.
- He's the golden goose, so he'll always be given a longer leash.

Essentially, everybody knows we suck but it's not the time to burn the house down yet.

This type of "softball" questioning by reporters happens at every single university. Credentials are job security for reporters so why push it? Even though the entire fan base is asking the same questions on message boards and beyond.

First off, all smack talk aside, that was a good game yesterday.

I was curious what the Nebraska media thought about the state of the program so I listened to Frost’s post game presser and a couple of podcasts. A couple of things stood out. First was Sam Mckewons question for Frost in the presser that was prefaced by some truly embarrassing ass kissing by a reporter. Following that was the press’s complete acquiescence to the “how we did it in the 90’s” and “I don’t want to blame the previous staff but”, or “our players just need to be more disciplined”. Some of your podcasters call this out but then most fall back to the pack with their love of Frost. Does anyone think that your media is not doing Nebraska football any favors by just rolling over so Frost can scratch their belly? What would happen to them if one just said, “ it is year three, isn’t time that you take ownership of what is happening in 2020”?
It's called treating good people with respect. I understand that is something that is totally foreign to a Kirk Ferentz disciple. You worry about your coach, we'll worry about ours.

Frost right now reminds me as an Iowa fan of Alford of the early 2000's. Big name but not a lot of HC experience and got thrown in to a job that maybe he wasn't ready for. I think Alford has grown to become a much better coach after Iowa but we paid for him to learn on the job so to speak.

Not a bad analogy, Alford was At Missouri St for 5 years and took them to a sweet 16 one year and he Coached some small college pryer for 5 years, not quite like Frost because he was only at UCF for two years and went unbeaten before being hired at Nebraska..

So in reality SF has less Head coaching experience this being his 5 year at being a Head Coach...

That is why I think his staff caught lightning in a bottle after just 2 years no question he is adjusting in a much more difficult conference..

Frost right now reminds me as an Iowa fan of Alford of the early 2000's. Big name but not a lot of HC experience and got thrown in to a job that maybe he wasn't ready for. I think Alford has grown to become a much better coach after Iowa but we paid for him to learn on the job so to speak.

The expectations and pressure are a billion times higher for Nebraska football compared to Iowa basketball but I get the analogy side of it.

Seem to remember the scorn for Dirk getting after Pelini. The back and forth between these 2 was fairly humorous for awhile but probably contributed to Bo‘s meltdown.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Seem to remember the scorn for Dirk getting after Pelini. The back and forth between these 2 was fairly humorous for awhile but probably contributed to Bo‘s meltdown.
Dirk's first name should actually be Dick. What a bonehead. The sad part is he can be a good writer. It took 2 pricks to make that deal go.

Finally, someone has cracked the code. The problem with Nebraska football is the media is not tough enough on them.

JFC, has God ever created a single Iowa fan with an ounce of common sense? Man, we get a special kind of stupid from these half-wits.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT