ADVERTISEMENT

Ameer To Dallas

jajensen

Nov 30, 2014
Would love to see Ameer go 2nd round to Dallas. To see him run behind that offensive line may remind some fans of the cowboy great wearing number 22.

If Ameer drops, it will be because of his inability to pass protect. Could really limit his playing time.

Dallas brought in 5 running backs for predraft interviews, etc, and Ameer was not one of them. Dallas needs a pass blocking running back so Romo gets hit less. So I highly doubt Ameer to Dallas.

But he can also catch out of the back field. That would keep defenses honest and not just key on Dez. It doesnt look like AP is going there and Dallas is looking for another RB.

Which teams still need help at RB? Baltimore? Arizona? I don't see the Bears going for him in the 2nd though they could use a #2 RB, Forte is already an elite receiving back and the Bears need defensive players or an o-lineman far more. Maybe if he were still around in the 3rd given that our GM came from the Saints and Ameer has a very Sproles-like skillset.

Dallas brought in 5 running backs for predraft interviews, etc, and Ameer was not one of them. Dallas needs a pass blocking running back so Romo gets hit less. So I highly doubt Ameer to Dallas.

AA definitely needs to work on his pass blocking, and covering Romo's blind side is not a good place to learn on the fly. I would still like to see them bring him in as he will be a good change of pace back from a likely to be injured McFadden. Im bitter about Randle, because he has some talent and might have developed into a nice back. Maybe he still will, but its not likely.

I see a good chance of it happening. He maybe off the board real quick the way Mel is talking

AA definitely needs to work on his pass blocking, and covering Romo's blind side is not a good place to learn on the fly. I would still like to see them bring him in as he will be a good change of pace back from a likely to be injured McFadden. Im bitter about Randle, because he has some talent and might have developed into a nice back. Maybe he still will, but its not likely.

I could see Dallas get AA and cut Randal

I think we all want Ameer on our teams! He is a good fit for the Patriots, who are in need of a 3rd down back. I don't know that they will pick him as early as 64, however, as there are more immediate needs (cornerback, interior o-line), and they drafted James White last year. And I'm not sure he'll be there when they pick late in the third round. Given that two RBs went yesterday, he may not even be there at 64.

Last edited:
Which teams still need help at RB? Baltimore? Arizona? I don't see the Bears going for him in the 2nd though they could use a #2 RB, Forte is already an elite receiving back and the Bears need defensive players or an o-lineman far more. Maybe if he were still around in the 3rd given that our GM came from the Saints and Ameer has a very Sproles-like skillset.
the lions will be drafting a back in the draft. they let reggie bush go. they have a back that split carries with bush but he is a big back and they are looking for someone who could do some of the things bush could do.

Dallas apparently isn't interested in AA according to people who cover the Cowboys. Sounds like Dallas really wants Duke Johnson

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT