ADVERTISEMENT

AM Stat from the KC Star

Maybe it was higher. I honestly thought it was in the 40’s, so I may have misquoted. But the bottom line is he was a turnover machine here and complete opposite at KSU.
Don’t forget the fumbles . He had a high turnover rate while running as well….

The two main reasons why AM is doing better at K-State than he did at Nebraska:

1. He is not playing while he is injured. I think if AM had been healthy the whole time he was playing at Nebraska, he wouldn't have made as many mistakes.

2. Better protection from his offensive line.

Reactions: zrob and OzzyLvr
AMart is doing so poorly at K-State that he's on the Heisman watch list.

Heisman Trophy Favorites: Odds to Win, 2022

QUARTERBACKSCHOOLCURRENT ODDSSUMMER ODDS
C.J. StroudOhio State-110+200
Hendon HookerTennessee+600+6600
Caleb WilliamsUSC+700+600
Blake CorumMichigan+1200+8000
Bryce YoungAlabama+1800+350
DJ UiagaleleiClemson+2500+1400
Jahmyr GibbsAlabama+2500+3000
Dorian Thompson-RobinsonUCLA+2500[Off the Board]
Adrian MartinezKansas State+3000+12500
Spencer SandersOklahoma State+3000+12500
Drake MayeNorth Carolina+3000[Off the Board]
Stetson BennettGeorgia+5000+5000
Will Anderson Jr.Alabama+10000+2000
Jalon DanielsKansas[Off the Board][Off the Board]

AMart is doing so poorly at K-State that he's on the Heisman watch list.

Heisman Trophy Favorites: Odds to Win, 2022

QUARTERBACKSCHOOLCURRENT ODDSSUMMER ODDS
C.J. StroudOhio State-110+200
Hendon HookerTennessee+600+6600
Caleb WilliamsUSC+700+600
Blake CorumMichigan+1200+8000
Bryce YoungAlabama+1800+350
DJ UiagaleleiClemson+2500+1400
Jahmyr GibbsAlabama+2500+3000
Dorian Thompson-RobinsonUCLA+2500[Off the Board]
Adrian MartinezKansas State+3000+12500
Spencer SandersOklahoma State+3000+12500
Drake MayeNorth Carolina+3000[Off the Board]
Stetson BennettGeorgia+5000+5000
Will Anderson Jr.Alabama+10000+2000
Jalon DanielsKansas[Off the Board][Off the Board]
No one believes Adrian Martinez has a snow balls chance in hell of going to New York. It's flattering that his name is mentioned. That's it. The primary role of a quarterback is to throw the ball effectively. We all understand that, correct?

I'm guessing that if K-State beats TCU Saturday, AMart's name will be even more prevalent on these lists. Granted, that will be a tall order in Ft. Worth. But it's all about winning football, not chucking it. Collin Klein was hardly a Johnny Unitas lookalike.

bobcat-with-lizard-lee-kirchhevel.jpg

I'm guessing that if K-State beats TCU Saturday, AMart's name will be even more prevalent on these lists. Granted, that will be a tall order in Ft. Worth. But it's all about winning football, not chucking it. Collin Klein was hardly a Johnny Unitas lookalike.

Hopefully you bring your Power Towel.

• Haha
Reactions: HugeCat

TCU will be a tough out. Kudos to you guys if you can get it done.

Reactions: AVeritas

LMFAO, I hope that pic was supposed to be a joke? Scary stuff!!

:confused:

• Sad
Reactions: AVeritas
Through 6 games last season Adrian had 2 picks compared to his zero this year... Here are his other stats from this year compared to last....

2022- 86 of 138 for 900 yards and 4 TDs
2021- 100-150 for 1463 yards and 6 Tds

Adrian's passing rankings through 6 games are as follows
110th in total yards
105th in YPG
125th in TDs

In the end through 6 games last year, Nebraska was 3-3 with alot of close losses.... Adrian's numbers were comparable yards wise and TD wise through his next 5 but his interceptions went way up as he through 8....

Currently he sits at 5-1 ranked 17th in the country... Kudos to Adrian for not turning it over... It will be interesting to see how he finishes with some better teams coming up, some of which KSU hasn't faired well against in Kliemans tenure....
Good stuff.
Frost, with some pretty poor insight, thought he had found the next Milton. He wasn't even close.
We saw four years of a qb going back to pass and simply lock into his first reciever. He has poor field read, he just can't see it. You'll notice this when he takes off. He'll weave around like a madman and not take obvious lanes. Now when those lanes are easy to see, he excels.
His coach understands this and has built the offense around his limited abilities. Very well done.
Works good when the match-up fits. When it doesn't the offense all but shuts down. They've scores 10 or less twice this year.

If you'll notice when he goes back to pass it's a quick screen or something underneath. And it's a one reciever designed play.

Last edited:
What I think a lot of you are missing is Scott Frost used Martinez to do almost everything (One man show) and the kid got beaten to a pulp each Saturday in the BIG. Martinez doesn't need to be a one man show at K-State they actually have guys up front who know how to work as a unit.

Bottom line, Martinez doesn't need the be the entire offense in order for K-State to win, however he did at Nebraska I'm sad to say.

This will be his biggest test to date - at TCU. The frogs will score more than Missouri, OU, ISU or the others, even Tulane, most likely.

So, AMart will have to air it out and our receivers will have to "catch the damn ball," Warner. Ha. In order to win, Deuce will have to get on the loose as well after his ISU game injury.

Should be interesting for random fans like y'all while gut-wrenching for us EMAWs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Herbie seems to think that 9 AM has good vision and is able to work through his progressions to find the open man downfield. Weird

terrible pass on 3rd down, punt, TCU touchdown

rinse and repeat

Martinez went to the locker room - possible injury?

With backup QB in, Kade Warner actually makes a great catch for a TD

he really going out after 1 series in the biggest game of the year with a non-contact injury after a hilariously inaccurate throw?

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT