ADVERTISEMENT

AM Stat from the KC Star

z28craz

Blackshirt
Jan 5, 2004
Just read that KSU is the only team in the nation with 0 interceptions this season. AM has had 138 attempts and 0 INTs. According to the Star he had 30 INTs in 4 years at NU amounting to 1 every 35 attempts. If you want to see what coaching failure looks like, look no further than that stat. Klieman had literally made AM into the QB we all hoped he would be. What a shame.

Just read that KSU is the only team in the nation with 0 interceptions this season. AM has had 138 attempts and 0 INTs. According to the Star he had 30 INTs in 4 years at NU amounting to 1 every 35 attempts. If you want to see what coaching failure looks like, look no further than that stat. Klieman had literally made AM into the QB we all hoped he would be. What a shame.
He only had 30 interceptions in Nebraska? I would have guessed much higher. Didn't he have four in one game once?

• Haha
Reactions: cruelhalo
He only had 30 interceptions in Nebraska? I would have guessed much higher. Didn't he have four in one game once?
Maybe it was higher. I honestly thought it was in the 40’s, so I may have misquoted. But the bottom line is he was a turnover machine here and complete opposite at KSU.

Reactions: Badger Pete
I think we can all see Adrian was really not the problem at Nebraska and I admit I thought he was a problem, how wrong I was. Adrian will have a great career at the next level even if it's a back up for some team.

Major screw up by the previous staff with terrible coaching from the top to the bottom in some cases. Frost used Martinez as a one trick pony and nearly got the kid damaged for good.

I will no longer root against Martinez because he gave his all for Nebraska, he just had poor coaching here.

I think we can all see Adrian was really not the problem at Nebraska and I admit I thought he was a problem, how wrong I was. Adrian will have a great career at the next level even if it's a back up for some team.

Major screw up by the previous staff with terrible coaching from the top to the bottom in some cases. Frost used Martinez as a one trick pony and nearly got the kid damaged for good.

I will no longer root against Martinez because he gave his all for Nebraska, he just had poor coaching here.
The coaching may have been bad, but it isn't like Adrian isn't at fault. He has a good OL and a good defense. If he had that at NU his record would have been better, but at the end of the day he still made a **** load of mistakes on his own and that's on him. Good for him for having a little more success, but you can't blame the coaching for everything.

The coaching may have been bad, but it isn't like Adrian isn't at fault. He has a good OL and a good defense. If he had that at NU his record would have been better, but at the end of the day he still made a **** load of mistakes on his own and that's on him. Good for him for having a little more success, but you can't blame the coaching for everything.
I can for the way they used him, too much put on him to win games all by himself.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Oh yeah, lots and lots of those. Well, good for him. Do we think he will try to be a wide receiver in the NFL? Just wondering what his position change will be.
He can get damned near big enough to be a stretch TE but WR might be his best shot as an UDFA.

Reactions: drubendall
I can for the way they used him, too much put on him to win games all by himself.
IF he was better at passing he wouldn’t have had to try to win games all by himself. So often he had multiple guys running open and he couldn’t find them. IMO his field vision and decision making was not great. Maybe some of that was the offense but damn.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
AM could get invited to the Heisman Ceremony and a lot of Husker fans would try to pick apart his stats to tell us why he isn't good.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
AM could get invited to the Heisman Ceremony and a lot of Husker fans would try to pick apart his stats to tell us why he isn't good.
He's a phenomenal athlete. I don't think any Husker fan would deny that. If we had a serviceable Defense in his years at NU, he would have won a lot more games as he put up points, but you can't deny the issues he had. A lot of it is coaching, but a lot of it is Adrian. Through three games he was rated as one of the worst QB's in D1. Barely any passing yards and not great completion percentage. After the loss at Tulane, KSU started to run him a lot more and that is his bread and butter. As the competition picks up though I imagine there are going to be games where they shut down the run and make him pass. We will then get to see if he has developed his game any further.

At the end of the day, Adrian is in a better spot for himself at KSU. He has a decent O-Line where he isn't going to take the kill shots he was at NU. He also has a good D and an All American back that can take the pressure off of him which will definitely help him as he seemed to cave under the pressure at NU. I'm like most NU fans that wish nothing but the best for him and actually watch a few of his games.

He could be the next Trent Dilfer.

Canadian Football League?

Good for AM. Love seeing him succeed and I hope he's enjoying his new found success, keep it going young man. NU fans still baggin on the guy come across lookin really bad IMO.
I think he caught on to Scott Lost and his BS sooner than most.

Straw man argument. He isn’t good enough to get invited to the heisman ceremony.
Yeah, that term needs to just die. I think we both agree...but you did just prove my point.

I get it...we all wanted him to be great here and he has hypsemen buzz as a sophomore...

Then we were happy he was gone and now he is going to end up with a 10+ win season.

Yeah, that term needs to just die. I think we both agree...but you did just prove my point.

I get it...we all wanted him to be great here and he has hypsemen buzz as a sophomore...

Then we were happy he was gone and now he is going to end up with a 10+ win season.
I don’t think I proved your point at all. You asked a silly question. If he was invited to New York I for one would be happy for him. But he won’t get invited. Me saying that isn’t harping on him. Me saying that is the truth.

Now if you wanted to use as an example he won Big 12 offensive player of the year, that’s at least attainable for him. Would people point out that he is undeserving? Maybe so. But I don’t think it’s as many as you think.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I don’t think I proved your point at all. You asked a silly question. If he was invited to New York I for one would be happy for him. But he won’t get invited. Me saying that isn’t harping on him. Me saying that is the truth.

Now if you wanted to use as an example he won Big 12 offensive player of the year, that’s at least attainable for him. Would people point out that he is undeserving? Maybe so. But I don’t think it’s as many as you think.
My post: AM could get invited to the Heisman Ceremony and a lot of Husker fans would try to pick apart his stats to tell us why he isn't good.

I never asked a question. Like I said...you proved my point.

My post: AM could get invited to the Heisman Ceremony and a lot of Husker fans would try to pick apart his stats to tell us why he isn't good.

I never asked a question. Like I said...you proved my point.
My bad. You posted a silly scenario. I didn’t pick apart any stats. I didn’t say he isn’t good. I said he isn’t heisman good. Do you think he is heisman good?

How did I prove your point?

My bad. You posted a silly scenario. I didn’t pick apart any stats. I didn’t say he isn’t good. I said he isn’t heisman good. Do you think he is heisman good?

How did I prove your point?
No problem! I forgive you!

They are not winning 10

Reactions: tjlSker90
They have 3 ranked games in a row coming up (TCU. OKST. TEXAS) Plus Baylor and Kansas still They'll be lucky to have 7
Hmmmm, yeah...I could see all those being losses.

I could see, at most...3 wins out of that group. At most.

Through 6 games last season Adrian had 2 picks compared to his zero this year... Here are his other stats from this year compared to last....

2022- 86 of 138 for 900 yards and 4 TDs
2021- 100-150 for 1463 yards and 6 Tds

Adrian's passing rankings through 6 games are as follows
110th in total yards
105th in YPG
125th in TDs

In the end through 6 games last year, Nebraska was 3-3 with alot of close losses.... Adrian's numbers were comparable yards wise and TD wise through his next 5 but his interceptions went way up as he through 8....

Currently he sits at 5-1 ranked 17th in the country... Kudos to Adrian for not turning it over... It will be interesting to see how he finishes with some better teams coming up, some of which KSU hasn't faired well against in Kliemans tenure....

You don't have to pick apart stats to see he isn't good. You just need to look at them.

Martinez is a 6th year senior.
His completion percentage is 62.3% 72nd nationally
He has 900 passing yards 110th nationally
He has 4 touchdowns 116th nationally
He has an average of 6.5 yards per pass 104th nationally
He is 109th in passes attempted over 20 yards nationally and 31st in QBR. That's 8th in the B12. He doesn't throw picks because he doesn't throw more than 10 yards. And still his 126.7 passer rating is more than 20 points worse than last year and roughly points worse than his previous low.

He is on pace to have his worst season in his career. Did he beat OU? Yes. He also lost to Toledo.

KState is winning because they have a good running game around him, have the 4th best defense in the conference and they have a coach who limits risk in the weakest conference in the country. (which considering Northwestern is probably the worst team in the power5 and we lost to them says a lot.) They would be undefeated with about 50 other qbs and we would be far worse with Martinez than Thompson. There's a reason Martinez was able to go 9 of 20 for 100 yards in the air and 13 for 39 on the ground against Missouri and win 40-12 and couldn't in years past.

Just because a team is winning doesn't mean that the QB is good. Just like just because a team is losing doesn't mean the QB is bad. And then sometimes, like we saw last year both can be really bad.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT