ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one

Iowa is not very good. I am not happy.

Keep telling yourself that to lick your wounds. Iowa has had a better record overall than Nebraska for upwards to 20 years now.

I am sure the fact YOU are not happy has the entire athletic dept. scrambling tonight.

Not livid?

Guys let’s be real, even with a well-oiled machine we still would have had a battle today. Iowa is a very solid team, especially defensively. I can live with today’s loss because at least we battled and played well. Last weeks game was tougher to swallow.

If I’m Frost I’m so tough on the guys this coming week that we come out with a vengeance against Purdue. Guys need to learn to bring it every week. The wins will come.

Now, in the words of Rick Pitino, Tom Osborne ain’t walking through that door. We’re years away from a 9 win season but it’s not impossible.

Iowa is a top 25 team, but are they really? They have 4 wins against teams that are a combined 4-15. Nebraska has out recruited Iowa for a decade straight but has 6 straight losses to show for it. Scott is arrogant, makes excuses and acts like a whiny man-child. But, no way in hell we are paying 25 million to cut him loose so we just have to hope he grows up and gets rid of his drinking/hunting buddies and gets his shit together.

Keep telling yourself that to lick your wounds. Iowa has had a better record overall than Nebraska for upwards to 20 years now.

I am sure the fact YOU are not happy has the entire athletic dept. scrambling tonight.

And ZERO championships.. keep loving those participation ribbons 🤣

Reactions: headcard
And ZERO championships.. keep loving those participation ribbons 🤣

LOL, six in row. Have been better than your program overall for the past 18 years now.

You live in the past and dream of it returning. Delusional. You've dropped beneath Iowa State and I'm not even kidding about that is what's sad.

Reactions: UPSHawk and Dexhawk
LOL, six in row. Have been better than your program overall for the past 18 years now.

You live in the past and dream of it returning. Delusional. You've dropped beneath Iowa State and I'm not even kidding about that is what's sad.

Nebraska has a past. I enjoy my memories of my Huskers wining national championships.

What does Iowa have? Racist coaches? Enjoy the Klan rally tonight.

Not livid?

Guys let’s be real, even with a well-oiled machine we still would have had a battle today. Iowa is a very solid team, especially defensively. I can live with today’s loss because at least we battled and played well. Last weeks game was tougher to swallow.

If I’m Frost I’m so tough on the guys this coming week that we come out with a vengeance against Purdue. Guys need to learn to bring it every week. The wins will come.

Now, in the words of Rick Pitino, Tom Osborne ain’t walking through that door. We’re years away from a 9 win season but it’s not impossible.
I wasn't mad last week because it was a pathetic performance all around. I am mad this week because our players played with some effort but came up short once again due to poor coaching and stupid mistakes.

All I’m saying is this, we have but one here in Neb, you either support them or your don’t, I do and they will get better and if your not on board choose who you want to support than choose someone else, I support the staff and what they are trying to do, we have no choice at this time

Huh?

I consider my self as a realist (as we all do lol) and the reality is that our program hasn’t been good the past 4 years. It’s a completely new era today than what it was in the 90s. I’m not happy with today’s results but we arent going to flip this thing from 5 wins to conference champs in 1 year. In the words of Moos, you judge Scott in year 5 not 3. I don’t particularly like it but it is what it is. As long as I’m seeing improvements, I can carry on.
I agree with you ...but only to a point. I don't think anyone expects "5 wins to conference champs in 1 year" (okay...yes there probably are some out there). However...are we seeing improvement? I would say absolutely not....same crap different day.

Reactions: CatColumbia
Iowa is not a good team right now. They are avaerage and are only in the top 25 because of covid. They will get stomped by Wisconsin and I believe Illinois will even beat them. They have played 2 teams with winning records (as of now) and lost to both of them.
If Iowa is in the top 25 because of Covid, is that why Nebraska isn’t in the top 25?

Iowa actually is a very good team. They just have a terrible QB. Iowas offense is chock full of dogs but Petras is the equivalent of a malfunctioning jugs machine. Its really a shame.

Nebraska played tough so while the result for y'all is disappointing it's a good rebound.

Iowa fans are livid the coaching staff didn't give.a backup at least a series or two to show what they are capable of. Its dumb and Ferentz' biggest coaching headscratchers.. being too loyal to guys that haven't proven it on the field

Reactions: saluno22
We did alot of good things today and had every chance to win. I get being mad about the body of work with this staff, but today we battled and played much better.

another year and offseason of hopes lifted on the basis of once again almost beating a 3-2 Iowa team and dagnabbit if it wasn’t for all the incessant clapping they likely would have pushed that game into overtime before finding a way to lose

Neb is close .... oh so very close .... to finally getting over the hump and beating Iowa

Iowa actually is a very good team. They just have a terrible QB. Iowas offense is chock full of dogs but Petras is the equivalent of a malfunctioning jugs machine. Its really a shame.

Nebraska played tough so while the result for y'all is disappointing it's a good rebound.

Iowa fans are livid the coaching staff didn't give.a backup at least a series or two to show what they are capable of. Its dumb and Ferentz' biggest coaching headscratchers.. being too loyal to guys that haven't proven it on the field

Take it from us you can’t be a good team without a good QB..

Ioway beats Wisconsin, I’ll change my mind on saying Ioway is a good team..

More evidence that we are your pinnacle. Get lost

I consider my self as a realist (as we all do lol) and the reality is that our program hasn’t been good the past 4 years. It’s a completely new era today than what it was in the 90s. I’m not happy with today’s results but we arent going to flip this thing from 5 wins to conference champs in 1 year. In the words of Moos, you judge Scott in year 5 not 3. I don’t particularly like it but it is what it is. As long as I’m seeing improvements, I can carry on.

Hell, this staff can't flip it from 4 wins to 6 even in year three.

Reactions: tarheelhusker
I can't draw any conclusion from today other than we're getting better on defense. We suck out loud every year but manage to get up for the Iowa game just enough to lose on the last series instead of the 2nd quarter.

The run defense in base is clearly better. The pass coverage is clearly better. The pass rush is still nonexistent. They were scared to pressure that kid today for some reason, they mush-rushed all game long. I don't really understand why, he seemed like an ok runner but not a weapon by any means and he made some poor throws under duress.

Iowa fan here. Nebraska really lost the game more than Iowa won it, with the exception of special teams. We played on a much shorter field than Nebraska due to the short kickoffs and we won the field position battle in the punting and return game.

Positives for NU on the first half run defense and the defense overall. We were in 3rd and long all day due to a lot of nice run stops. The offense also made plenty of big chunk against us, it just wasn’t enough to overcome the mistakes.

The negatives - mistakes. The boneheaded tackle out of bounds in the first series that moved us into the red zone was the first of many gifts from mental errors. Emotion is huge, but discipline must be maintained. Games come down to 2-3 plays. When I think about playing Nebraska, there is no fear. I’m far more nervous playing ISU right now, because they don’t have the drive killing mistakes. It feels like you guys play with emotion, but seem to struggle with focus. A team that struggles with the little things is not mentally strong. If you want people to fear playing Nebraska again, you have to clean up the mental errors. It does feel like you guys are getting closer, you just have to get out of your own way imho. It can get better fast! Coaching wise, year 3 is when you want to see a step forward. This is a weird year though.
Stay patient.

Also, there is absolutely no way we are the number 3 team in the country. If we had Brad Banks, then maybe I’d agree. Petras right now is raw and not ready.

Good luck the rest of way!

I know longer get livid about losses. I both expect and accept them now.

Nebraska did play better today; but still made more mistakes than Iowa - or at least more game-changing mistakes. That holding call and fumbled punt were both unforced and unnecessary errors that turned a possible (perhaps likely) win into a certain loss.
I concour on all points. Those two plays were killers, when will we ever learn.

I can't draw any conclusion from today other than we're getting better on defense. We suck out loud every year but manage to get up for the Iowa game just enough to lose on the last series instead of the 2nd quarter.

The run defense in base is clearly better. The pass coverage is clearly better. The pass rush is still nonexistent. They were scared to pressure that kid today for some reason, they mush-rushed all game long. I don't really understand why, he seemed like an ok runner but not a weapon by any means and he made some poor throws under duress.
What evidence is there that we're getting better on defense? We're worse than last year in just about every statistical category.

Not livid?

What I keep thinking is , if the right staff was coaching the kids we have today we would have beaten Northwestern Illinois and Iowa . Seriously I believe we have better talent on the field, just poor coaching and development.

Heck i’d Take Pat Fitzgerald and his staff before Scott and his hunting buddies

Last edited:
Honestly we looked better this week against Iowa than we did against Penn State in my opinion. Penn State just sucks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT