ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one

CatColumbia

All-American
Apr 19, 2014
One day in Lincoln, the next day in Orlando
Not livid?

Guys let’s be real, even with a well-oiled machine we still would have had a battle today. Iowa is a very solid team, especially defensively. I can live with today’s loss because at least we battled and played well. Last weeks game was tougher to swallow.

If I’m Frost I’m so tough on the guys this coming week that we come out with a vengeance against Purdue. Guys need to learn to bring it every week. The wins will come.

Now, in the words of Rick Pitino, Tom Osborne ain’t walking through that door. We’re years away from a 9 win season but it’s not impossible.

We did alot of good things today and had every chance to win. I get being mad about the body of work with this staff, but today we battled and played much better.

Yep well said. Iowa was 2-3 plays better than us as they have been the last 3 years. I do want to see Frost hold accountability on his staff. Today’s performance would have been enough to get wins against Purdue and Minnesota. Just my opinion.

Yep well said. Iowa was 2-3 plays better than us as they have been the last 3 years. I do want to see Frost hold accountability on his staff. Today’s performance would have been enough to get wins against Purdue and Minnesota. Just my opinion.
If we had played with this focus and physicality every week, we would have won a lot more games the last 2+ seasons.

We lost to Iowa and you aren’t mad? This program has really fallen. Wow.

I consider my self as a realist (as we all do lol) and the reality is that our program hasn’t been good the past 4 years. It’s a completely new era today than what it was in the 90s. I’m not happy with today’s results but we arent going to flip this thing from 5 wins to conference champs in 1 year. In the words of Moos, you judge Scott in year 5 not 3. I don’t particularly like it but it is what it is. As long as I’m seeing improvements, I can carry on.

Not livid?

Guys let’s be real, even with a well-oiled machine we still would have had a battle today. Iowa is a very solid team, especially defensively. I can live with today’s loss because at least we battled and played well. Last weeks game was tougher to swallow.

If I’m Frost I’m so tough on the guys this coming week that we come out with a vengeance against Purdue. Guys need to learn to bring it every week. The wins will come.

Now, in the words of Rick Pitino, Tom Osborne ain’t walking through that door. We’re years away from a 9 win season but it’s not impossible.
Iowa is not very good. the QB is terrible
I dont think NW is all that good either. the West is pretty bad right now.

I consider my self as a realist (as we all do lol) and the reality is that our program hasn’t been good the past 4 years. It’s a completely new era today than what it was in the 90s. I’m not happy with today’s results but we arent going to flip this thing from 5 wins to conference champs in 1 year. In the words of Moos, you judge Scott in year 5 not 3. I don’t particularly like it but it is what it is. As long as I’m seeing improvements, I can carry on.
Improvements? Mike Riley was terrible and was 19-19. Frost is 10-19 and has had much more resources.

Not as annoying as last week, because at least it was an entertaining game and I didn't feel like I threw away 3 1/2 hours watching it. But on the other hand, it was a continuation of this team's penchant for finding a way to lose to any halfway decent team. With the possible exception of winning at Illinois last year, Frost has beaten absolutely no one in nearly three years.

Reactions: CatColumbia
I know longer get livid about losses. I both expect and accept them now.

Nebraska did play better today; but still made more mistakes than Iowa - or at least more game-changing mistakes. That holding call and fumbled punt were both unforced and unnecessary errors that turned a possible (perhaps likely) win into a certain loss.

No more Martinez at QB!!!!!!!!!! Play with your QB of the future and ride Luke the rest of the way. He left way too many plays on the field. The offense works better with Luke.

Reactions: bigboxes
Nebraska had a chance to win today, they didn’t is this the coaches fault nope, they were in a position to score on last drive and the didn’t, Coaches coach and players play, we didn’t get it done and we lost so be it, move on and get better!

Lmao this is the worse Iowa team we have played in 5 years and still couldn't win..

Their QB sucked and we still couldn't stop them.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
Iowa is not a good team right now. They are avaerage and are only in the top 25 because of covid. They will get stomped by Wisconsin and I believe Illinois will even beat them. They have played 2 teams with winning records (as of now) and lost to both of them.

We did alot of good things today and had every chance to win. I get being mad about the body of work with this staff, but today we battled and played much better.
Agreed. Realistically we weren't going to win this game. We were close, as we have been in recent contests against Iowa. Coming off what was arguably the worst loss in program history, the team played admirably. More importantly, in my opinion, is how they play next week. The team stumbles against NW, then fights to a win against PSU, gets humiliated by Illinois, then plays a hard-fought game against Iowa. If I had to predict I'd say we collapse against Purdue. Considering where we are as a team, and where we've been for years, I'm dying to see a little consistency on the positive side from one game to the next.

Last edited:
All I’m saying is this, we have but one here in Neb, you either support them or your don’t, I do and they will get better and if your not on board choose who you want to support than choose someone else, I support the staff and what they are trying to do, we have no choice at this time

All I’m saying is this, we have but one here in Neb, you either support them or your don’t, I do and they will get better and if your not on board choose who you want to support than choose someone else, I support the staff and what they are trying to do, we have no choice at this time
I will always support the UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA. However I will not blindly support a Staff who are clueless, arrogant, who play favorites, and worst of all...are bad at their jobs. UNL cannot let a Coach be larger than the program. I'll blame Mr. $5million over college kids who aren't paid.

ADVERTISEMENT