ADVERTISEMENT

Am i the only one here who is sitting back

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
And giving it 3 to 4 more years.
Its going to take time and we all know what happens when replacing a Staff.
I for one am more on the side of giving this at least 6 years.
And I'm not one to come here crying so maybe that is alot of it.
I don't cry or just give up this soon.

I am with you. In life you build a good foundation, learn from your mistakes, gather good people around you, stay the course, be honest, and eventually see the fruit of your labors. Perhaps it is being banished to the Sunflower state that reinforces such viewpoints on our parts? Cheers

Farniok, Warner and McCaffrey.....time will tell where they end up and if sone ever play a down of D1 college football again.
Now losing Robinson hurt.
OK,lets apply what those 3 end updoing to some fans expectations. We should be top 25, so, those 3 should be starters for top 25 schools, end of discussion

And by “make” I think most agree “make a bowl game” would be good enough just to get things back on track. It’s an achievable, reasonable goal for year 4.

Yes, at least make a bowl game. Anything extra is gravy. If we have another losing season I still think Frost will get his 5th year but he’ll be a walking dead man, ala Riley ‘17.

Let's give it 20 years. It'll be so great for continuity sake to have a coach around for the long haul. Even if he goes 0-12 some years, at least Frost is a nice guy and he only makes 5 million a year. We can't expect much more from him than showing up to games. That's all I really want from a coach.

By year 6 we will officially be Kansas. But luckily Frost won’t last that long. It’s going to be another brutal year but this go around the fans will turn on him. Memorial will be filled with boos and that will be the end of the offensive genius experiment.

I have no idea where we go from Frost but he ain’t it. He has zero business being a power 5 HC.

By year 6 we will officially be Kansas. But luckily Frost won’t last that long. It’s going to be another brutal year but this go around the fans will turn on him. Memorial will be filled with boos and that will be the end of the offensive genius experiment.

I have no idea where we go from Frost but he ain’t it. He has zero business being a power 5 HC.
O'brien

Frost could have 5 years of the same QB and then be shown the door. Awfully risky.

screen left, screen right, QB run.

wouldn't be much different now would it?
I feel like we could easily make it 2 & 19, on our way to a 3 & out, with a backwards screen on 1st down and a false start on second down running our patented recliner hurry up offense!

I was willing to give Frost plenty of time, based on the assumption that he would at least show progress.

But if Frost has another losing season next year, how can anyone have confidence in the future of the program? Major college football coaches do not survive 4 losing seasons in 4 years. Certainly not when they're paid $5million/year. Can anyone show me a coach in recent memory who had 4 losing seasons in his 4 years at a school, and later competed for championships at that school?

This staff has been paid 30 million dollars combined in 3 years and hasn’t even reached the low bar Riley or Callahan set.

Apparently it takes 70-80 million in staff salaries to get to 9 wins these days.
Hey. I was told by a significant supporter before Riley was fired that Moos was hired to hire Frost and he would be given a five year contract at $5 million to bring back Nebraska to Glory. I asked point blank " What if Frost can't do it?" I was told if Frost can't do it no one can because you have to be a Nebraskan in order to do it. He than said if it fails it will never be done and "I'm done". This is a guy who has bought 200 tickets per game to make sure the sell out streek survives.
Most everyone one this board wanted Frost so live with it.

Im frustrated and honestly dont think Frost is going to get any better unless he makes some changes (not necessarily staff changes but changes in how he does things). I am not on the Frost firing bandwagon as it wont happen. So I am just sitting back and realinzing the hard way what its like to be a bottom feeder like Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas have all been.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
if bo could knock out 9-10 wins/yr, it nots unattainable.
and yes, id take those kinda results, again.
in a heartbeat.

a couple adjustments here and there would help immensely.

Last edited:

6 years for what though? What would you call success after 6 years?

OP is the softest mush brain here.

hoping for a bowl game is so pathetic.

look how far we've fallen.

worst men's athletic dept in all of P5. fans are so beaten down we have no clue how to even measure success.

Also have to be realistic at this point. Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1999! Quit acting like we were great lately and Frost took us to the depths of football.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Also have to be realistic at this point. Nebraska hasn't won a conference championship since 1999! Quit acting like we were great lately and Frost took us to the depths of football.

We weren’t that far off with Bo. We were 2-3 recruiting classes away from being a consistent 10-15 team. Now we’re 6 years away the way our kids transfer.

And I’m not a Boliever, it was time to can him and make a damn good hire. Of course we did as bad as it could have been done.

Last edited:
Frost 100% has taken us to the depths of football.

he may have been given a head start, but he's sprinted all out to the bottom.

Let's give it 20 years. It'll be so great for continuity sake to have a coach around for the long haul. Even if he goes 0-12 some years, at least Frost is a nice guy and he only makes 5 million a year. We can't expect much more from him than showing up to games. That's all I really want from a coach.
Now this is a perfect example of a runnin scared cryin you know what

I'm not sure which is more hilarious, the guy who's "done" with Husker football just as soon as he travels to Ireland to watch the epic NU-Illinois tilt, or this poster - who wants some kind of Fandom Medal of Valor.

Both should clearly get a bye to the finals of the Johnny SuperFan Showdown. Everyone else is just a pretender.

Reactions: TerranPetteway
We weren’t that far off with Bo. We were 2-3 recruiting classes away from being a consistent 10-15 team. Now we’re 6 years away the way our kids transfer.

And I’m not a Boliever, it was time to can him and make a damn good hire. Of course we did as bad as it could have been done.
Nah. Your runnin scared. Go hide and return from the basement in a few yrs

I'm not sure which is more hilarious, the guy who's "done" with Husker football just as soon as he travels to Ireland to watch the epic NU-Illinois tilt, or this poster - who wants some kind of Fandom Medal of Valor.

Both should clearly get a bye to the finals of the Johnny SuperFan Showdown. Everyone else is just a pretender.
Stop the cryin and thinkin your cute. Your Not!

ADVERTISEMENT