ADVERTISEMENT

Am I misreading? (Theres no chance we play).

This could be painting with a broad brush
I have been in an enclosed environment for months with circulation of thousands of people a day., with mandated mask wearing, and good hygiene there has been literally zero cases of confirmed spread within the facility. The quarantine works but cases will be very rare, like 1 case every few weeks if the kids are disciplined about their contacts outside of football. The virus just does not spread easily on surfaces, and mask wearing neutralizes it. The only worry might be the sensitivity of the tests...the virus can sit in the upper respiratory tract and not cause infection, and simply lay dormant but still trigger a positive case. This can certainly happen in environments where masks keep the viral presence extremely low.

If we're looking at the bright side, everyone has 2 weeks to get their shit together. Which is how long the China virus takes to do its thing. Soooooooo if everyone does this correctly, should honestly be fine. Like I've said from the beginning, depth matters more than anything right now. Could really help the Big Red.

Awww a trump lover. The “china virus”. 🙄

I’m not sure what you mean....

Theres only two ways I can be wrong.

1) In what I’ve read about B1G parameters, which I could be, and this is why I asked. It seems it has already been pointed out that there is a technicality regarding team sitting, although my scenario with Oklahoma could easily pan out, as 5% is such a small number. But I digress.

2) If the B1G changes and thus admits it was too strict. This could conceivably happen, and is more likely after the election, but if they were to come out and say that while it still matters then I will admit I was wrong. Or, if it’s proven that 33% of athletes will have heart trouble.

Teams never testing over 5% won’t prove me wrong, it’ll be more of a “lucked out” moment. It wont prove or disprove anything.

The start date is just too far out and it took them to long. Trams who are ready should get to play if they wish, and even you have to admit that 21 days sitting and 5% is crazy stupid.
"It seems to me the Big ten has done everything in its power to make it near impossible to play"

You're making a claim by also comparing to Obama's "if you want to keep your insurance" that it is a lie. So my asking if you're wrong is to ask if they actually play, would you admit that your claim about them making it near impossible to play was wrong?

People are free to throw out doom and gloom scenarios and to suggest that people are really not being forthcoming in their efforts as you have been. But there is never any downside for those people. When teams actually compete, you will have been wrong, but you certainly won't admit to it. No one ever does.

"It seems to me the Big ten has done everything in its power to make it near impossible to play"

You're making a claim by also comparing to Obama's "if you want to keep your insurance" that it is a lie. So my asking if you're wrong is to ask if they actually play, would you admit that your claim about them making it near impossible to play was wrong?

People are free to throw out doom and gloom scenarios and to suggest that people are really not being forthcoming in their efforts as you have been. But there is never any downside for those people. When teams actually compete, you will have been wrong, but you certainly won't admit to it. No one ever does.
If they actually play, it means no one on the team gets covid. You ignored my post. Even you have to admit 21 days and 5% is absurd.

Im sure your “admit wrong” standards apply to yourself as well.

Reactions: Hoss GSP
If they actually play, it means no one on the team gets covid. You ignored my post. Even you have to admit 21 days and 5% is absurd.

Im sure your “admit wrong” standards apply to yourself as well.
The post topic of the thread you started says clearly “there’s no chance we will play”.

I’m suggesting that I question your certainty on that statement. So when they play, will you admit you were wrong?

ADVERTISEMENT