ADVERTISEMENT

AM 2022?

BuckysBoys1

Senior
Mar 28, 2019
Does he come back for his 5th year now that he is getting paid for endorsements? I don’t see him being drafted, but if he is the best QB on our roster I’m guessing Frost would want him back.

Does he come back for his 5th year now that he is getting paid for endorsements? I don’t see him being drafted, but if he is the best QB on our roster I’m guessing Frost would want him back.
If not better hit that transfer portal

I have an idea…why don’t we discuss this “after” the 2021 season. Winking

MtIqN4E5jwIc81GcYAZGVwbn0gAJ3jw7kcS4tcIWilP1mObcH-CNMqwqUq2ekXj6xsmcCwIIHHPxhuJm2ZUbx2sE3AqiQy58rv4VhgFedfb0gF80NuCoO__mSKHARMEKWF6g2y09tVmnW1vHp9wdn59GnhE

Reactions: huntered
It's possible but it's not going to be known without an educated guess until we know how the season goes.

ofc he is coming back..

put yourself in his shoes.. you can either come back and be 'the man' for one more year (and finish getting your graduate degree) or you can go get a real job.

if his results don't have enough to say about the matter, hopefully Haarberg will.

anchor away!

Yep he's trying to make history. First college QB to start for a losing team 5 years in a row.

• Haha
Reactions: Husker_AMG63
I never

I never thought of this but you're right - there are plenty of guys that are on the fringe of being NFL talent that will stay around for a guaranteed paycheck.

I think the money is only in a few folks hands though - If i'm not a skill position player I'm not banking.

Reactions: countrybob
I'm not here to pile on with criticism of Adrian Martinez, but I think the topic is actually an interesting one. With the NIL in place, it may be possible, even likely, that some guys are worth more money getting sponsorship money as a college player than they will post-college at an entry-level job (assuming no football, of course).

These are interesting times for sure.

I'm not here to pile on with criticism of Adrian Martinez, but I think the topic is actually an interesting one. With the NIL in place, it may be possible, even likely, that some guys are worth more money getting sponsorship money as a college player than they will post-college at an entry-level job (assuming no football, of course).

These are interesting times for sure.

I thought exactly the same thing. Unless AM becomes a legit NFL prospect, he could make good money playing a 5th season in college.

ofc he is coming back..

put yourself in his shoes.. you can either come back and be 'the man' for one more year (and finish getting your graduate degree) or you can go get a real job.
What if AMART shows much improvement, and we get 7-8 wins? We'll be clamoring for him to stay. Haarbarg can get another year of polish. At least that's my great hope

What if AMART shows much improvement, and we get 7-8 wins? We'll be clamoring for him to stay. Haarbarg can get another year of polish. At least that's my great hope
I won't be. I will be happy for him if he has a good year, but I'm ready to move on. Maybe a team takes a chance on him at the next level, in fact I'm sure a few will want to try him out, but I don't think he gets drafted.

I'm all for AM having a good year, but the best the story could be for me is ending on a high point on an otherwise horrible career. Just like how last season ended (on a high point, a win but not playing a bowl game) I want AM gone like a bad fart in a dentist's chair. (recent experience).

If A-Mart gets 7-8 wins assuming that includes his turnover/touchdown ratio improves, he will at the least have some tryouts possibly a combine invite. He still has a mid 60% completion rate even with a losing record. That alone shows he is not the biggest problem on the team.

Reactions: BleedRed78
If A-Mart gets 7-8 wins assuming that includes his turnover/touchdown ratio improves, he will at the least have some tryouts possibly a combine invite. He still has a mid 60% completion rate even with a losing record. That alone shows he is not the biggest problem on the team.
we will see big improvement. he has been throwing to kids who should have been FCS. Martin, Toure, Betts, and the TEs will be enough. be nice if Manning can step up as well.

Reactions: Corncountry
It's amazing how a tweak here, and a tweak there can actually have a significant outcome on a game let alone a season. I'm trying not to get overly excited, but I believe this team has the potential to have a real positive year. To me, that would mean finishing the season in the top 25 and the players believing in one another and having a great culture.

I’d say the biggest problem on the team has been Offensive Line play since Frost took over. But that is to be expected when you have a JV line coach learning on the job. For the money Austin gets, the product on the field has been downright appalling. How many false starts, missed blocks, and other boneheaded penalties have turned games? If there is not improvement starting this year and continuing beyond with the O-line, then I believe this will end Frost’s career here.

Maybe he should stay out of the Haymarket bars and take the shit seriously. When he does, we can talk.

ADVERTISEMENT