ADVERTISEMENT

Alverez today says

10 staff and 12 players are still tested positive...
I wish we had played them. Even with Mertz I think we would have won this year. All that said... if no other games get cancelled I can still see us having a very good season and going to a bowl. I even think we will have a puncher's chance at knocking off PSU. I am actually more worried about Northwestern. I think they match up well against us. Their strength is on offense and our weakness is on defense. PSU's strength is their defense.

I wish we had played them. Even with Mertz I think we would have won this year. All that said... if no other games get cancelled I can still see us having a very good season and going to a bowl. I even think we will have a puncher's chance at knocking off PSU. I am actually more worried about Northwestern. I think they match up well against us. Their strength is on offense and our weakness is on defense. PSU's strength is their defense.

We have a strength on defense? Please tell me more!! Winking

It will interesting to see if Alvarez can get the 21 days reduced. While it may be a good idea to reduce the time, it may a better idea if the request comes from anyone but our AD. (Oh oh, looks like I am edging onto the conspiracy bandwagon!)

I think the change should be 28 days out, not 21.

Concurrent with 21 straight days of zero new infections within the program.

The repeated covid outbreaks in that program indicate that they haven't taken any of this, nor the protocols everyone agreed to, seriously.

And now they have screwed us.

And they have screwed Purdue.

And they have ROYALLY screwed Illinois.

Wisconsin should have to demonstrate that they can abide by the protocols the conference set forth, and prove that they give a damn about the other conference members having a season.

If they cannot or will not do that, they should be free to not play any more football this season.

Nice article in LJS today with Moos and the sequence of notification, cancellation and Nebraska trying to schedule another game. Explains a bunch. I don't attach, so if someone else can please do.

The article said that NU had a list of schools that might work as a potential opponent if they got a game cancelled. They actually had a contingency plan in place - what a concept! When notified by Barry Alvarez on Wednesday of the cancellation, they not only began calling other schools, but called Kevin Warren and asked the league for permission. Warren said he would put it in front of the league's governing committee.

So - if anyone got their panties in a wad over Nebraska merely asking permission, you could not be a bigger loser.

The article said that NU had a list of schools that might work as a potential opponent if they got a game cancelled. They actually had a contingency plan in place - what a concept! When notified by Barry Alvarez on Wednesday of the cancellation, they not only began calling other schools, but called Kevin Warren and asked the league for permission. Warren said he would put it in front of the league's governing committee.

So - if anyone got their panties in a wad over Nebraska merely asking permission, you could not be a bigger loser.
@jlb321, I think he means you.

Alvarez said today, "Is it safe to come out from under the bed? Is Nebraska preparing for Northwestern for sure now?"

OK.(?)

I don't know what you're trying to imply, but you've been on here 9.5 years longer than I have, and yet I somehow have a higher number of trophy points relative to the number of posts I have made than you do, and it isn't close.

Brutal.
Just FYI, the first 50 points are granted just for creating an account. That means you’re -22 since then.

Brutal.

OK.(?)

I don't know what you're trying to imply, but you've been on here 9.5 years longer than I have, and yet I somehow have a higher number of trophy points relative to the number of posts I have made than you do, and it isn't close.

Brutal.
And my ratio kicks yours ass, yet in both cases, nobody actually cares and bragging about internet rep shows how sad your life really is

Reactions: timnsun
Just FYI, the first 50 points are granted just for creating an account. That means you’re -22 dice then.

Brutal.
Yep. I retracted. However, I've gotten 90 reactions, and 87 are likes, for a 96% like rating. How about you and Dingle? Either of yours that high?

As unpleasant as it is for all of us, was there something I said that was untrue about the series between us and the Badgers?

Looks like my fandom of the Husker is being challenged. Last I knew, being a fan just meant supporting the team, not giving credibility to or praising dipshits or their theories.

Yep. I retracted. However, I've gotten 90 reactions, and 87 are likes, for a 96% like rating. How about you and Dingle? Either of yours that high?

As unpleasant as it is for all of us, was there something I said that was untrue about the series between us and the Badgers?
You constantly bitch about husker fans. On a site dedicated to husker fans.

Know your audience.

Reactions: Baxter48

Looks like my fandom of the Husker is being challenged. Last I knew, being a fan just meant supporting the team, not giving credibility to or praising dipshits or their theories.

What’s Nebraska’s record at home vs first-time qb starters? Nebraska was about to improve that stat further, but B!tchconsin ducked out

Make no mistake, Nebraska was about to beat Wisconsin down in unholy fashion. Paul "Super Spreader" Chryst knew this. No Melvin Gordon or Jonathan Taylor in the backfield this year. No points for Wisconsin.

NU 56
Wisconsin 0

Is Kentucky capable of winning another championship in basketball without cheating? My answer is no.

anyone whose like/post ratio is under 1 should delete their account.

just garbage posts left and right for that to occur.

• Wow
Reactions: BleedRed78
Then you need to share that with others, because there are some long-time posters on this thread that are well under that threshold.
likes are a fairly recent addition to the site. post count isn't.

your stats directly reflect how little people think of you and your posts. theirs really don't.

sorry.

Reactions: dinglefritz
likes are a fairly recent addition to the site. post count isn't.

you'd know that if you didn't come out of the woodwork 7 weeks ago.
OK.

You came out of the woodwork at some point as well; looks like in January. Accordingly, I dont get that criticism.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT