ADVERTISEMENT

Altmyer won the Hypesman tonight

Hard to believe we dominated Illinois & Altmeyer last year on the road....with freaking Haarberg as our QB

Hard to believe we dominated Illinois & Altmeyer last year on the road....with freaking Haarberg as our QB

The running game just isn't there yet this season. Last year the running game was actually pretty decent for a time while the passing game was a non-existent turnover machine. This year we have a much improved passing game but haven't established a strong corresponding rushing attack.

He played well, but our defensive scheme and execution definitely helped along the way.

Our defense wasn’t coached and prepared well for this game. They ran the ball just well enough, not great, on 1st down to kill us with a couple different PA pass looks. Our DBs and LBs bit on the PA all night and Illinois players were running wide open.

Tony White got worked by that fat slob tonight…

The running game just isn't there yet this season. Last year the running game was actually pretty decent for a time while the passing game was a non-existent turnover machine. This year we have a much improved passing game but haven't established a strong corresponding rushing attack.
Maybe I'm wrong because the coaches don't seem to play him, but I'd like to see more Emmitt Johnson out there. When the O-line isn't getting a push or opening big holes, Emmitt is the guy to go to. He's got a knack for finding a hole or making a guy miss.

Maybe I'm wrong because the coaches don't seem to play him, but I'd like to see more Emmitt Johnson out there. When the O-line isn't getting a push or opening big holes, Emmitt is the guy to go to. He's got a knack for finding a hole or making a guy miss.
So would I. I think he's the most complete running back. His burst and cutting ability are the best. Gabe Irvin has disappeared.

Reactions: Dean Pope
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT