ADVERTISEMENT

Alternate Uniforms

I think this team has some look ahead in it...personally.

I assume we play better buy not maybe win.

Reactions: red scowl
I would bet we see them. Normally, I would say this needs to be just another game and business and usually, but if we do business as usual we lose this game. We need to have an extra spark and fire. The uniforms might just give these guys that extra bit of swagger and confidence to pull out the upset of all upsets.

Reactions: CBurns05
Can't say I'm thrilled about the possibility of OSU hanging 60 on us in our blackshirt unis.
Agree. I’d rather save them for an occasion where they can wear them and we/they can all look back fondly at the occasion... the alternative being wearing them and getting our ass kicked. It’s not a stretch to see us wear them this week, get our ass kicked, and then next time they put them on, the first thing that comes to everyones’ mind is “the last time we wore these we got our ass kicked”.

I’d like nothing more than a win this weekend, but we’re going to have to be far better than we have been.

Can't say I'm thrilled about the possibility of OSU hanging 60 on us in our blackshirt unis.

They haven't put up 60 against Indy, Cincy or FL Atlantic but they will against us in their only real road game so far? Memorial is one of the loudest stadiums in the country hands down it will be a test for OSU. We may indeed lose the game by a couple td's but 60 pts... C'mon man....apparently misery loves company on this board.....

I would bet we see them. Normally, I would say this needs to be just another game and business and usually, but if we do business as usual we lose this game. We need to have an extra spark and fire. The uniforms might just give these guys that extra bit of swagger and confidence to pull out the upset of all upsets.

Uniforms have never won a game.

Man...some posters think that players on the team are soooooo mentally weak and unfocused...
Have you watched the last 4 years of Nebraska football? I will admit that part is getting better end of last year 1st part of this year. We definitely had some mental demons on this team.

Have you watched the last 4 years of Nebraska football? I will admit that part is getting better end of last year 1st part of this year. We definitely had some mental demons on this team.
I have...It isn't the uniform. I wish it was, it would be an easy fix.

Good grief.....wear the damn alternates! If we let uniforms dictate the way we play the game then we do have major problems.

I don’t disagree with but this isn’t the time to be trotting out there with them..

Northwestern who is in our division and won the division last year fits the time to wear them...

With Game Day in Lincoln and a possible announcement of the new football facilities we don’t need to put more fuel to the fire..

Call me crazy, but Adidas is a multi-billion dollar multi-national corporation. Despite recent short comings I have to think NU is one of their flagship college football deals. They didn’t design an alternate for NU to display at 11:00 against a sure win... Gameday in town... #5 Ohio State at night... don’t think for a second Adidas doesn’t have a say. I won’t be surprised if we see the alternates on Saturday.

Reactions: Huskerpro
In case you don't understand the concern about wearing alternate uni's, the uni's give the persona of an extra hyped, more-than-usual jacked up team, that is so ready to go out there and take it to the opponent, but in game that we could get spanked by the opponent, it would indicate that, even in the heightened state of jack'dness, we were no match for the opponent. That's an extra hard pill to swallow. Getting trounced in the alt uni's is adding insult to injury. That is all.

In case you don't understand the concern about wearing alternate uni's, the uni's give the persona of an extra hyped, more-than-usual jacked up team, that is so ready to go out there and take it to the opponent, but in game that we could get spanked by the opponent, it would indicate that, even in the heightened state of jack'dness, we were no match for the opponent. That's an extra hard pill to swallow. Getting trounced in the alt uni's is adding insult to injury. That is all.
Precisely

I think this team has some look ahead in it...personally.

I assume we play better buy not maybe win.

I agree. Most of these kids swung their swag as high school kids and by swag, I mean their dicks.

Watch AM. He talks right. But he is a dog. Hopefully he quits fumbling.

Watch him against Iowa last year. He was all walking big dick. He gets it.

Reactions: SOHusker11
Call me crazy, but Adidas is a multi-billion dollar multi-national corporation. Despite recent short comings I have to think NU is one of their flagship college football deals. They didn’t design an alternate for NU to display at 11:00 against a sure win... Gameday in town... #5 Ohio State at night... don’t think for a second Adidas doesn’t have a say. I won’t be surprised if we see the alternates on Saturday.

Why does Adidas have any say when and where we wear alternate uniforms?

Just because we have a contract with them we still are wearing the Adidas symbol whether it’s our original or alternate or throw back uniforms...

The team has the final decision..

ADVERTISEMENT