ADVERTISEMENT

Almost 3 Million People will die in U.S in 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read an article that said deaths in New York from other causes was actually up as well. I could see total deaths being up this year due to all the stress this pandemic is causing along with covid deaths. I do believe a lot of the covid deaths would have still happened but it would have been under a different category. I am not someone that doesn't think covid is real and I take precautions to protect my family, but I can also see when things are being skewed certain ways. I'll be curious to see how total deaths this year compare to average years. The next few years might be interesting with people not going to the doctor from Febuary-July for early cancer symptoms that they put off to avoid clinics and doctors offices.

Last edited:
I thought I read an article that said deaths in New York from other causes was actually up as well. I could see total deaths being up this year due to all the stress this pandemic is causing along with covid deaths. I do believe a lot of the covid deaths would have still happened but it would have been under a different category. I am not someone that doesn't think covid isn't real and I take precautions to protect my family, but I can also see when things are being skewed certain ways. I'll be curious to see how total deaths this year compare to average years. The next few years might be interesting with people not going to the doctor from Febuary-July for early cancer symptoms that they put off to avoid clinics and doctors offices.
Murders are way up in many U.S. cities along with suicides, drug overdoses and domestic abuse. New York City was one of the worst.

No they aren’t, 2020 data isn’t even close to complete, you cannot compare a partial year to a past year. Death cause and data lags weeks to months behind, if you want to compare Jan-March, those months are probably getting close to complete with NVSS data.
the numbers were compared to the first 7 months of each year, sorry to spoil your party

The concern of the Pac-12 and the B1G wasn't about deaths. The first link is from the Pac-12's website. It is a list of the people on their medical advisory board. Feel free to tell us which one's you think are dumb enough to not know that the the death rate for college age people is miniscule. You'll also notice it is hardly just a bunch of government-appointed bureaucrats. Second link is their report.

https://xs.pac-12.com/2020-08/Pac-12 COVID-19 Medical Advisory Committee.pdf

https://xs.pac-12.com/2020-08/Pac-12 Covid-19 Return to Play Considerations 08.10.2020.pdf

All of them.

Anything else you need cleared up?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Murders are way up in many U.S. cities along with suicides, drug overdoses and domestic abuse. New York City was one of the worst.

Even if murders double, which is unlikely, they're a drop in the bucket of total deaths. They just get a lot of play on the news.

Since lazy irrelevant comparisons are fair game, here’s one. Between the 2016 and 2018 elections there were 372 possible incidents of mail voter fraud out of 14.6M mail-in ballots cast. That’s 0.0025%, which is a high enough percent for some to attempt shutting down the USPS.
That report was just on people who voted twice or those who voted that were dead. Didn't include any other forms of voter fraud.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
g8kya5dab5w41.jpg

Don't know about you guys, but I dodge a bullet back in April.

there is a Washington Post article today that says USPS sent memo to 46 states warning of issues.

Anticipating an avalanche of absentee ballots, the U.S. Postal Service recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and D.C. warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted — adding another layer of uncertainty ahead of the high-stakes presidential contest.

The letters sketch a grim possibility for the tens of millions of Americans eligible for a mail-in ballot this fall: Even if people follow all of their state’s election rules, the pace of Postal Service delivery may disqualify their votes.

there is a Washington Post article today that says USPS sent memo to 46 states warning of issues.

Anticipating an avalanche of absentee ballots, the U.S. Postal Service recently sent detailed letters to 46 states and D.C. warning that it cannot guarantee all ballots cast by mail for the November election will arrive in time to be counted — adding another layer of uncertainty ahead of the high-stakes presidential contest.

The letters sketch a grim possibility for the tens of millions of Americans eligible for a mail-in ballot this fall: Even if people follow all of their state’s election rules, the pace of Postal Service delivery may disqualify their votes.
The problem isn't in mailing in the normal absentee ballots to people who request one. The problem arises when you mail ballots to EVERY single person on the voter roles. There's no way in hell that there isn't going to be massive fraud when you do that. Think of how many people move especially in light of COVID. People have fled the cities. What happens to their ballots? There will be thousands of votes cast by people the ballot doesn't belong to including ballots sent to dead people. This just isn't the way a modern republic should be conducting an election. IF you vote in person in New Jersey, your vote will be considered provisional and won't count for instance unless somebody contests the election.:confused:

The problem isn't in mailing in the normal absentee ballots to people who request one. The problem arises when you mail ballots to EVERY single person on the voter roles. There's no way in hell that there isn't going to be massive fraud when you do that. Think of how many people move especially in light of COVID. People have fled the cities. What happens to their ballots? There will be thousands of votes cast by people the ballot doesn't belong to including ballots sent to dead people. This just isn't the way a modern republic should be conducting an election. IF you vote in person in New Jersey, your vote will be considered provisional and won't count for instance unless somebody contests the election.:confused:

agree, just posting more voter fraud and voter suppression fun

the numbers were compared to the first 7 months of each year, sorry to spoil your party

You still don’t understand, the death counts for the first 7 month of the year are not complete and won’t be for months, records take weeks to months to be uploaded to the NVSS.

https://www.clevelandfed.org/en/new.../ec-202018-measuring-deaths-from-covid19.aspx

Estimating excess deaths in the United States requires all-causes mortality data from the NCHS.6 However, the NCHS data could be inadequate for making policy decisions related to COVID-19 because they are not fully accurate in time to be helpful. The provisional data released in real-time by the NCHS are incomplete; the real-time data are continuously revised as new data arrive on deaths that occurred during a given calendar week.7 Though the data are typically defined as final, and therefore deemed complete, after a lag of one or two years, the true completeness of the data is unknown at any given point in time, and this creates uncertainty about conclusions drawn from the data that is difficult to quantify.

Its pretty obvious isn't it? Communicable disease vs. non-communicable disease, different manifestations, a virus is infective and contagious, etc. I'm not teaching a class here.

The point is the hysteria. Something is gonna get ya. If it is taking out the sick that we’re going to die anyways, which is what stats are leaning towards......should we really shit down our lives and saddle our kids and grandkids with tens of trillions in debt over it?

Blah, blah, blah. Things could take a miraculous turn in the right direction soon after the election.

I’m friends with the son of a former head coach at a major university. He texted us last week and his sister and friend went to get tested, signed up but the wait was way too long. Both got letters in the mail saying they were positive.

How does this happen?

I’m friends with the son of a former head coach at a major university. He texted us last week and his sister and friend went to get tested, signed up but the wait was way too long. Both got letters in the mail saying they were positive.

How does this happen?

I keep telling you guys the virus isn't political...so this simply cannot be true.

The point is the hysteria. Something is gonna get ya. If it is taking out the sick that we’re going to die anyways, which is what stats are leaning towards......should we really shit down our lives and saddle our kids and grandkids with tens of trillions in debt over it?
The morbid "they were going to die anyway" argument has never impressed me. Kind of repulsive actually. Also, otherwise relatively healthy folks are getting very sick and/or dying.

The morbid "they were going to die anyway" argument has never impressed me. Kind of repulsive actually. Also, otherwise relatively healthy folks are getting very sick and/or dying.

It doesn’t matter if it repulses you if it is truth.

if the response causes more harm than good maybe we should be a little more careful about throwing away our way of life.

It doesn’t matter if it repulses you if it is truth.

if the response causes more harm than good maybe we should be a little more careful about throwing away our way of life.
You slid right by that part about relatively healthy younger individuals dying and becoming seriously ill also - are they expendable also? The long term effects of this virus are unknown. But its all good I guess as long as it isn't you or someone close to you.

If you want to throw away your life go ahead that's you're choice, I'm going to keep living mine while not advocating that older or unhealthy people should just die already so I can watch college football again.

You slid right by that part about relatively healthy younger individuals dying and becoming seriously ill also - are they expendable also? The long term effects of this virus are unknown. But its all good I guess as long as it isn't you or someone close to you.

If you want to throw away your life go ahead that's you're choice, I'm going to keep living mine while not advocating that older or unhealthy people should just die already so I can watch college football again.
How often are old and unhealthy people in college locker rooms?

This was the perfect virus to control the dumb, stupid public.

How does this happen?

Fraud.

It's sad that it impacts the old, weak, and unhealthy. But I get it, as long as they die from cancer or heart disease or pneumonia you're ok with that. Just not the rona, which we could have stopped if we'd have just stayed home "2 more weeks" and if the people in Washington would "do something."

We've went over and over this, yes sometimes younger people die. Happens every year. It's sad. But that is life.

It's sad that it impacts the old, weak, and unhealthy. But I get it, as long as they die from cancer or heart disease or pneumonia you're ok with that.
I have absolutely no idea how you arrived at that conclusion. Nothing in my posts have even remotely suggested that I am OK or pleased that older people with cancer or heart disease are dying or may eventually die from that condition.

BTW, cancer and heart disease are chronic non-communicable diseases. Covid-19 is a novel highly contagious infectious virus with no vaccine . A person can be infected by being in close proximity with another person positively infected with protection and shedding. It is not scientifically possible for a person with cancer or heart disease to transfer their condition to me. Communicable and non-communicable diseases are not comparable.

We've went over and over this, yes sometimes younger people die. Happens every year. It's sad. But that is life.

I guess some people will never fully understand that (1) in addition to death, Covid-19 can cause individuals to become seriously ill with possible long-term or permanent injuries; and (2) that Covid-19 is highly contagious; persons infected place other people at risk of contracting the virus whether or not the infected person dies or even experiences any symptoms.

There is indeed a significant economic impact associated with taking measures to get the virus under control. As a college football fan I wish the B10 would have made accommodations and voted to continue Fall sports but they apparently followed the recommendations of a majority of the scientists, doctors, and lawyers. Bitching about it is not going to change the decision.

Last edited:
The panic surrounding China virus and the shutdowns are a clowerd and piven scheme. The entire thing is a complete fraud every way you look at it. False positives. Falsely attributing cause of death to covid. Falsely scaring them hell out of people. It's all bullshit

Last edited:
Reactions: f00tball_fan
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT