ADVERTISEMENT

"All of the good players are young"

Solana Beach Husker

Offensive Coordinator
Aug 8, 2008
This statement could hurt Frost immensely. It has been said multiple times in multiple ways by Scott. The first time he uttered it was after OSU when it became clear our problems were pervasive and systemic and not random or contextual. I appreciated his honesty but the majority bunch of defensive participants and offensive lineman do not count as young. A rift has certainly formed between the Frost and non-Frost guys, with a myth being perpetuated that everything will be o.k once the 2016 class has graduated. Frost has continued to iterate that there are guys who love football and there are other guys. And the young guys love football. He will lose this team as a result. Does it matter? I don't know. He will save redshirts, a vast majority of the team are underclassman...maybe associating failure with a select group will help them get past the losses for next year...but...this is a defeated team...no leadership, and no leadership forming. My opinion is that such statements should only followed with changes...burn redshirts, play young guys, and show that they are truly good. Otherwise eat it, be supportive, and be man enough to take the blame even though there are culture problems that are unfixable.

The why the f*** isn't he playing them over the older guys?

I get preserving their redshirt and all but I really do hate this philosophy. I always felt regardless of that, you play the best players no matter what.

Did he really say that? Foolish thing to say. He needs to be playing the younger guys then. No excuse now, only three games left in the season.

Did he really say that? Foolish thing to say. He needs to be playing the younger guys then. No excuse now, only three games left in the season.

Rahmir Johnson burned another game yesterday.....for one play

He never said that, not even close. But still have to wonder if this redshirt everyone, build for the future stuff is going to really cost us.

complete buffoonery if true

NU’s running back and return options were limited by a 74-man roster the Big Ten requires on road trips. In Robinson’s absence on kickoff returns, he was replaced by Brody Belt, and, as a running back, he was spelled once by freshman Rahmir Johnson, who did not have a carry. Nebraska used more of a split-back run game that, at times, included a tight end or a receiver; wideout JD Spielman had three carries for 23 yards out of the scheme.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.st...b075b00f-e5b3-594d-97ac-33833fbd9c70.amp.html

The why the f*** isn't he playing them over the older guys?

I get preserving their redshirt and all but I really do hate this philosophy. I always felt regardless of that, you play the best players no matter what.
Something fans overlook: If you use their redshirt they can't transfer as easily. A new reality of college football. Next year if we start poorly you better be prepared for Wandale, AM or whomever still has a redshirt to shut it down and sit it out.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Something fans overlook: If you use their redshirt they can't transfer as easily. A new reality of college football. Next year if we start poorly you better be prepared for Wandale, AM or whomever still has a redshirt to shut it down and sit it out.
They are aren’t, players don’t do that. That is fan talk. AM is the starting QB, he’s not going anywhere, unless he gets benched for Luke. Wandale isn’t going to sit out his third year, when he could stay play his third year and then go to the NFL. He’s the focal point of the offense, he won’t go unless we switch to an option offense of something like that.

ADVERTISEMENT