ADVERTISEMENT

All Hail Coach Silva

k9_r

Offensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
No I'm not suggesting canonization but our early pitching has been lights out better than recent years. I went through box scores and worked up a comparison with this year's pitching vs two years ago. Quite the difference.

Ten game total .. 2013 ...... 2015
IP ........................ 84 ........... 88
HITS ...................100 .......... 80
ER ...................... 55 ........... 26
BB ...................... 38 ........... 23
SO ...................... 62 .......... 59
WP/HBP ............. 19 ...........10
BAA .................. .309 ........ .242
ERA ................... 5.89 ........ 2.66

More innings, fewer hits, less than half the runs. 1/3 less walks, nearly half the WP/HBP, good BAA and terrific ERA.

Didn't calculate the WHIP but it's obviously improved by a lot. Not too shabby.

This post was edited on 3/3 2:12 PM by k9_r

That is amazing, I remember clearly where this team was when Silva and Erstad took over and it was more than a talent issue. The culture and the mentality was very weak by the end of the Anderson era unfortunately. Those numbers are impressive even beyond the stat sheet when you take everything into consideration.

Originally posted by RobsterMobster:

That is amazing, I remember clearly where this team was when Silva and Erstad took over and it was more than a talent issue. The culture and the mentality was very weak by the end of the Anderson era unfortunately. Those numbers are impressive even beyond the stat sheet when you take everything into consideration.
BTW, welcome to mod duties. Very happy to see you've taken them on.
cool0020.r191677.gif

Originally posted by k9_r:

cool0020.r191677.gif
The only problem is HuskerFan set the bar too high. I feel like Solich following T.O.
scared0003.r191677.gif

Originally posted by k9_r:

cool0020.r191677.gif
The only problem is HuskerFan set the bar too high. I feel like Solich following T.O.
scared0003.r191677.gif
Coincidentally, I'll be starting my campaign for Congress in the very near future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT