ADVERTISEMENT

Alex Gordon to retire

Maybe he can ease George Brett into retirement in couple years and assume his role in the front office?

Reactions: OzzyLvr
It sucks that his final appearance will be in an empty stadium.

I was in the ballpark for his first appearance and the standing O he got in his debut. I would have loved to have been there for the farewell.

Congratulations to a great Husker ambassador; and Thank You for the World Series!!’

This home run wasn't particularly significant in really any way. It was hit in the second inning of an early season game; but it's always been one of my favorites of his. The pure sound when the ball hits the bat, and the "I know I just hit a home run" follow through.

I think it was pretty obvious this day was coming, it's just too bad he couldn't go out in front of the fans. Thanks Gordo!

records_alex_gordon.jpg_186469708.jpg

I see the reds are making the playoffs. What’s their Chances of making the series?

I don't have much to say. I've watched very little sports this COVID year, mostly hockey. The Reds were playing so bad, i sorta tuned them out. Then a few weeks ago they flipped a switch and now made the playoffs. With Castillo finally showing his potential (good timing) we have three aces/#1s in the rotation: Bauer, Gray and Castillo. Nobody wants to draw the Reds at this point. Moustakas hit a couple of homers yesterday. I worry about offense, but it's there. But those starting pitchers are why I was optimistic early in the year.

I don't have much to say. I've watched very little sports this COVID year, mostly hockey. The Reds were playing so bad, i sorta tuned them out. Then a few weeks ago they flipped a switch and now made the playoffs. With Castillo finally showing his potential (good timing) we have three aces/#1s in the rotation: Bauer, Gray and Castillo. Nobody wants to draw the Reds at this point. Moustakas hit a couple of homers yesterday. I worry about offense, but it's there. But those starting pitchers are why I was optimistic early in the year.
Great pitching can take a team a long way

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT