Alec Baldwin's lie about the trigger debunked

HuskerCubs

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002
A new FBI report contradicts Alec Baldwin’s account on the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust” last year.

The actor said he didn’t pull the trigger, but the feds found that the old-school weapon, a .45 Colt single-action revolver, could not be fired without someone pulling the trigger, ABC News reported Friday.

Investigators found that an accidental discharge was impossible in the quarter-cock, half-cock and full-cock hammer positions, according to ABC News.

The gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional,” FBI investigators wrote, according to ABC.

Baldwin, 64, said he cocked the hammer but never pulled the trigger on the gun before it fired a single bullet that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza on the western set at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe, N.M.

“The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” Baldwin said in a December 2021 ABC News interview, two months after the Oct. 21 shooting. “I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger on them, never.”

The shooting is still under investigation. No charges have been filed yet, but New Mexico authorities have stressed that the probe is ongoing.

Baldwin has consistently argued that he’s not at fault and that whoever brought the loaded gun with live ammunition onto the set is the primary culprit.

“Someone is responsible for what happened,” he said in the ABC interview. “And I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me.”

Aug 31, 2001
A new FBI report contradicts Alec Baldwin’s account on the fatal shooting on the set of “Rust” last year.

The actor said he didn’t pull the trigger, but the feds found that the old-school weapon, a .45 Colt single-action revolver, could not be fired without someone pulling the trigger, ABC News reported Friday.

Investigators found that an accidental discharge was impossible in the quarter-cock, half-cock and full-cock hammer positions, according to ABC News.

The gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional,” FBI investigators wrote, according to ABC.

Baldwin, 64, said he cocked the hammer but never pulled the trigger on the gun before it fired a single bullet that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza on the western set at Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe, N.M.

“The trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” Baldwin said in a December 2021 ABC News interview, two months after the Oct. 21 shooting. “I would never point a gun at someone and pull the trigger on them, never.”

The shooting is still under investigation. No charges have been filed yet, but New Mexico authorities have stressed that the probe is ongoing.

Baldwin has consistently argued that he’s not at fault and that whoever brought the loaded gun with live ammunition onto the set is the primary culprit.

“Someone is responsible for what happened,” he said in the ABC interview. “And I can’t say who that is, but I know it’s not me.”
He’s lying!? That’s a shocker!

HuskerCubs

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2002
He’s lying!? That’s a shocker!
I just hope it leads to real consequences for him. After watching some of the video they released of him practicing drawing the gun shortly before with his finger on the trigger all the way up.

nordakotahusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Sounds like Alec should have done a little more research into the gun's mechanics before he came up with his bullshit "I never pulled the trigger" story. Guessing it was a Ruger with a transfer bar safety. Bill Ruger's design really ruined that POS Baldwin's little fairy tale.

Just think, if he'd have left the country after George W won the election like he and all of his Hollywood cronies said they would, it never would have happened. Such a shame.

Reactions: libbity bibbity

dinglefritz

Nebraska Legend
Jan 14, 2011
That's not how guns work. He's a typical liberal, so not shocking he doesn't know how guns work.
The bottom line is that he violated a standard safety rule used by all production companies. You NEVER actually point a gun at another person and pull the trigger on set regardless if you think it's not loaded or is loaded with blanks. There is ZERO doubt that he's at the very least guilty of violating that basic safety principle.

ExcellentBread

Redshirt Freshman
Oct 17, 2002
If Baldwin is culpable in the death he should be punished accordingly. It’s not that hard to hold people to accountable for their actions. Not sure why so many on this board struggle with this concept.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Jun 1, 2022

I’m sure we’ll get to witness our two tier justice system once again.

libbity bibbity

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 22, 2022
They want to politicize everything.
The projection is strong in you grasshopper, is it the Republicans who blame the gun in mass shootings like dim bulbs do, is it the Republicans that blame climate change on every weather event, I thought the coastal cities were supposed to be under water by the year 2000, do Republicans call abortions reproductive health care, when there is plenty both men and women can do to prevent pregnancy, which brings us to the dim bulb motto, "never let a crisis go to waste".

burntorange72

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2004
I’m sure we’ll get to witness our two tier justice system once again.
If this was not Alex Baldwin on a movie set, but a black man in a 7-11, who was insisting he didn’t pull the trigger, ask yourself how that would go down.

Last edited:

nordakotahusker

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
“moranic”…classic

Oh yeah

morans.jpg

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch

Latest posts