ADVERTISEMENT

Alaric Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of those wins were in the B12 North which is the worst division that's ever been in any P5 conference.
Also, I'd rather talk about the last 16 years because it provides more relevance to the state of the program now. I don't expect a Nebraska fan to understand that logic, keep living in the 90's with your Starter jackets.
Iowa football has been and is now a lot more relevant since the turn of the century. Deal with it.
5 top-ten finishes > 0 top-ten finishes
Compared to Nebraska or just in general?

1. Iowa is "average" in every sport, but wrestling... THAT INCLUDES FOOTBALL

2. Very important for you to understand that I don't think anyone on this board is claiming Nebraska has been head and shoulders better than Iowa the last 16 years

3. Whether you want to admit it or not Nebraska is still 3-2 over Iowa since joining the B1G... NOTHING and I mean NOTHING! points that Iowa has been a better program than Nebraska over the last 16 years. You have this year... doesn't make you a better program than Nebraska.

4. As HTO said... our worst 16 years of football we still have a better record than Iowa... Bravo on your best 16 years

5. Come back and post this shit after a loss to us... oh wait you Iowa fans that talk shit only do it when you have the scoreboard. Fans like you make your entire fan base look idiotic! Sorry, but fans like you give Nebraska fans the perception of the whole fan base, and are the exact reason why we make fun of you all the time.

Nebraska fans shouldn't have to apologize for having high expecations. If the reverse were true that would make us Iowa. Having high expecations is why we have been one of the best football programs of all time. Having low expectations is why Iowa fans are cool with 7-8 win seasons. No thanks

That really worked out well for you, huh Eichorst?

You keep talking about 'hardware' but none of your recruits were even alive when Nebraska last won any hardware.

Mike Riley has a below .500 conference record for his career... This is the type of coach you've had to resort to. This is the state of the program. 7 losses this season. But please, keep talking about the success you had a couple decades ago. The glory days are fun to relive, unfortunately you have to recognize those days are long gone and they aren't coming back. Nebraska football will never win a National Title again in any of our lifetimes, time to start setting some realistic goals outside of 'hardware'.

I'm just going to assume you don't visit your own board. Talk about insecurity.
boom-goes-the-dynamite-geeksandcleats.jpg

Reactions: headcard

3. Whether you want to admit it or not Nebraska is still 3-2 over Iowa since joining the B1G... NOTHING and I mean NOTHING! points that Iowa has been a better program than Nebraska over the last 16 years. You have this year... doesn't make you a better program than Nebraska.

Nothing suggests the reverse though. You could make a better case for Iowa in that time frame as the better program as they have had more highs than Nebraska has.

You keep talking about 'hardware' but none of your recruits were even alive when Nebraska last won any hardware.

Mike Riley has a below .500 conference record for his career... This is the type of coach you've had to resort to. This is the state of the program. 7 losses this season. But please, keep talking about the success you had a couple decades ago. The glory days are fun to relive, unfortunately you have to recognize those days are long gone and they aren't coming back. Nebraska football will never win a National Title again in any of our lifetimes, time to start setting some realistic goals outside of 'hardware'.
How would you know this... Has Iowa ever had "Glory Days"?

Reactions: St. Anger
This board is a perfect example of Nebraska fans insecurity with Iowa. I come here for some intelligent talk with a rival and get name called like a 2nd grader.

Your fan base over here in the last week is where you should start before throwing fire our way. If you don't like it, GTFO, nobody asked you to be here nor does anyone care.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
Iowaguy88! Great to see you again!

You gonna address the posts that make you uncomfortable or are you just gonna ignore those like you have the last few days? Theyve been posted, I reposted them for you, I can re-repost them for you to ignore once again if you like...

Honestly, when you can only take one side of the argument and not refute the other it makes you look silly. You gonna address your idiotic statement about the big 12 north? Or your record against Iowa state the last 16 years? (Hey, at least this last year you brought it out of the losing record category... Congrats!)

Would love to hear your takes on these things...

Your fan base over here in the last week is where you should start before throwing fire our way. If you don't like it, GTFO, nobody asked you to be here nor does anyone care.
Amen!.... Please take Iowaguy with you... It's fun making him look stupid, but I'd prefer you'd all just not be here

Iowaguy88! Great to see you again!

You gonna address the posts that make you uncomfortable or are you just gonna ignore those like you have the last few days? Theyve been posted, I reposted them for you, I can re-repost them for you to ignore once again if you like...

Honestly, when you can only take one side of the argument and not refute the other it makes you look silly. You gonna address your idiotic statement about the big 12 north? Or your record against Iowa state the last 16 years? (Hey, at least this last year you brought it out of the losing record category... Congrats!)

Would love to hear your takes on these things...

First off, you can't use a one game sample size to make an argument for the entire league. Generally we played one game a year vs. the B12 North, it was an in-state rival game (which you know nothing about) and those games can be dicey. ISU is awful, our recent record with them should be a lot more one-sided than it is, but when it's one teams super-bowl the better team doesn't always win because they're not gonna match the same intensity. Again, you know nothing about in-state rivalry games so I don't expect you to understand.

B12 North is historically awful, you can try to use a one game a year for a sample size with Iowa but that is just an idiotic argument.

There's no way you guys finish the regular season over .500 in 2016, I expect 6-6. .. But then again, that will be improvement for you guys. This is Nebraska football present day.

First off, you can't use a one game sample size to make an argument for the entire league. Generally we played one game a year vs. the B12 North, it was an in-state rival game (which you know nothing about) and those games can be dicey. ISU is awful, our recent record with them should be a lot more one-sided than it is, but when it's one teams super-bowl the better team doesn't always win because they're not gonna match the same intensity. Again, you know nothing about in-state rivalry games so I don't expect you to understand.

B12 North is historically awful, you can try to use a one game a year for a sample size with Iowa but that is just an idiotic argument.

There's no way you guys finish the regular season over .500 in 2016, I expect 6-6. .. But then again, that will be improvement for you guys. This is Nebraska football present day.
You make me chuckle… Seriously, how old are you? You act as if Nebraska's never had a rivalry game. We know all about rivalries. Whether it's in-state or out-of-state makes no difference moron. I figured you would understand that, but I guess not.

And your ignorance is clear when you cannot recognize the strength of the big 12 N. in the 90s.

As far as next season's record goes, who knows? I suspect that you are dead wrong, but we need to let the games play out. I will tell you this… No way Iowa has the same season they did last year. You can't sneak up on anybody this coming year… I see at least five losses coming your way. (See how I did that? It's easy to look stupid guaranteeing next season's record; just following your lead...)

Edit: another thing… You are right, in a rivalry series the best team doesn't always win. Having said that, I find it hard to believe that the best team would have a losing record prior to this year this century against the little brother. No amount of spin from you makes 8-8 acceptable. If you're OK with that, then you're even worse than I think.

Last edited:

You must be drunk.

Fresno St. - W
Wyoming - W
Oregon - 50/50 (would have been a L the past few years, but Oregon was no world beater last year.)
Northwestern - 50/50
Illinois - W
Indiana - W
Purdue - W
Wisky - 50/50
Ohio St. - L
Minnesota - W
Maryland - W
Iowa - 50/50

That's 7 should be easy wins (assuming we don't screw up, which as shown last year is possible, but with a year under the belt, I'm doubting it.) That's assuming we win NONE of the 50/50's, which we will win at least 2 of them most years.

So, If you ask me, not only is 6 wins completely unrealistic and you just spitballing because your butthurt, but 9 wins is actually completely realistic at this point.

My suggestion, just go back to the Iowa board and lick your wounds for a bit.

There it is!
The old, "We're their super bowl!" excuse. This is a tired and lame excuse for losing to someone you shouldn't.
It just says that they came to play, and you weren't up to the task...of beating a bad team!

Care to put your money where your mouth is on this prediction? Set the line at 6.5 regular season wins for Nebraska and I'll take the overs. Considering we've had fewer than 7 wins in the regular season only 3 times since 1969 I like my odds. Let me know if you are interested. I'm guessing you are just talking tough and, if so, you can run back to your little Io_a board.

To the point of the thread, NU put WAY more effort in recruiting Farniok than Jackson and got the guy they put more effort in to. Pretty simple.

1. Iowa is "average" in every sport, but wrestling... THAT INCLUDES FOOTBALL

2. Very important for you to understand that I don't think anyone on this board is claiming Nebraska has been head and shoulders better than Iowa the last 16 years

4. As HTO said... our worst 16 years of football we still have a better record than Iowa... Bravo on your best 16 years

5. Come back and post this shit after a loss to us... oh wait you Iowa fans that talk shit only do it when you have the scoreboard. Fans like you make your entire fan base look idiotic! Sorry, but fans like you give Nebraska fans the perception of the whole fan base, and are the exact reason why we make fun of you all the time.
Let me preface my statement by stating that I'm not here to argue.

I agree with you on #5. I wish Iowa fans would keep it civil on other teams' boards, as it does color the perception of a fan base. Nebraska has several that are on HawkeyeReport from time to time that aren't doing your fan base any favors in this department as well.

That said, the opposite is also true. When visiting teams come here, they form a perception of your fan base by what they see and read. Sadly, for you anyway, HuskerTimOmaha is a loud voice here and contributes a lot, in a negative way, to that perception. I hate to single him out, but he is one of the loudest and most irrational. We have posters like this at HawkeyeReport also and I cringe every time they type something vitriolic in the direction of visitors.

The reality is that every fan base has plenty of idiots and people who take the work of a bunch of 17-22 year old kids way too seriously mixed in with normal, every day fans. They are the vocal minority and, while entertaining, shouldn't be taken seriously.

Thank you for your time and good luck next year.

Reactions: timnsun
but when it's one teams super-bowl the better team doesn't always win because they're not gonna match the same intensity. Again, you know nothing about in-state rivalry games so I don't expect you to understand.

Damn. Was going to stay out of this but.....

If the In-state Rivalry is such a big deal - such a big deal that we can't understand it! - then why is it only one team's Super Bowl? Why doesn't Iowa get up for such a big deal as an in-state rivalry?

Sadly, for you anyway, HuskerTimOmaha is a loud voice here and contributes a lot, in a negative way, to that perception. I hate to single him out, but he is one of the loudest and most irrational.

I've kept my mouth shut long enough with you Ha_kturds, the overflow in the last week was enough, something had to be said. Y'all come to a Husker message forum pounding your chests like you created the game of football, and own us in recruiting. It backfired, big time and now the attention turns to something else.

Husker coaches tea-bagged Io_a, for all to see.

If there is anything I say that you disagree with, quote it, respond to it and let's have a discussion. You won't though, not because I'm irrational, it's because I'm spot on and Ha_kturds can't handle it.

I've kept my mouth shut long enough with you Ha_kturds, the overflow in the last week was enough, something had to be said. Y'all come to a Husker message forum pounding your chests like you created the game of football, and own us in recruiting. It backfired, big time and now the attention turns to something else.

Husker coaches tea-bagged Io_a, for all to see.

If there is anything I say that you disagree with, quote it, respond to it and let's have a discussion. You won't though, not because I'm irrational, it's because I'm spot on and Ha_kturds can't handle it.
I opened my statement by saying that I wasn't here to argue. I did this because you are predictable. You are a stereotype and your posting history does more to back up that statement than any case I could put forth.

I come here from time to time and lurk(I've never "pounded my chest") for news and perspective from another fan base, just as I do on many other teams' sites. I was here to get the local perspective on a recruit that Iowa lost out on(yes, Kirk wanted him, so I wanted him) and find you being you. You are ALWAYS one of the posters that sticks out and have been as long as I can remember. You have never kept your mouth shut as you claim. It is constantly open and constantly entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Also, keeping the W out of Hawkeyes isn't clever or original and isn't appropriate in years where the team you root for loses on the field to them. Just ask North_estern fans and they'll get you up to speed on the protocol. You're welcome.

Oh, like how Nebraska is iowa's superbowl and Nebraska could care less bout the hawkeyes. Glad you know how it feels.....

I opened my statement by saying that I wasn't here to argue. I did this because you are predictable. You are a stereotype and your posting history does more to back up that statement than any case I could put forth.

I come here from time to time and lurk(I've never "pounded my chest") for news and perspective from another fan base, just as I do on many other teams' sites. I was here to get the local perspective on a recruit that Iowa lost out on(yes, Kirk wanted him, so I wanted him) and find you being you. You are ALWAYS one of the posters that sticks out and have been as long as I can remember. You have never kept your mouth shut as you claim. It is constantly open and constantly entertaining. Keep up the good work.

Also, keeping the W out of Hawkeyes isn't clever or original and isn'It appropriate in years where the team you root for loses on the field to them. Just ask North_estern fans and they'll get you up to speed on the protocol. You're welcome.

I don't care what your statement opened up with, and couldn't care less how predictable I am.

Never said you pounded your chest, I'm talking about your fan base. This thread is proof with Ha_kturds all over pounding their chest about landing Farniok and/or "Io_a only has 1 scholarship left so whomever commits first gets it". I called a spade a spade, which in another word bullshit, that Io_a isn't going to accept Jackson's commitment before Farniok makes a decision. And what do we all know?! Yep, that's exactly what happened. Io_a held off on Jackson because they wanted Farniok, which is what I said.

I'll keep the w out of Ha_kturds as long as I want. You're a step-child to this blue blood program. You don't have a winning record against daddy Nebraska, either before we joined the B1G or since we've joined the B1G. And until that changes, the w resides in Lincoln, Nebraska - along with dozens of pieces of hardware, something Io_a knows very little about.

It really is amazing what one fluke season can do to a 70 IQ Iowah fan.

One year ago today you morons are sitting at 7-6 and dead silent
Two years ago 8-5
Three years ago 4-8
Four years ago 7-6

It's laughable, and yet you come over running your mouths like you are a better program than NU because you had one good season after a run of embarrassing garbage as shown above.
Get ready because 7-6 is where you are going back to and you know it.

You also know when that happens NU fans won't give 2 $hits and waste their time on an Iowah board giving you $hit because we don't need to state the obvious. We are the better program and always have been even in a run of down seasons.

I don't care what your statement opened up with, and couldn't care less how predictable I am.

Never said you pounded your chest, I'm talking about your fan base. This thread is proof with Ha_kturds all over pounding their chest about landing Farniok and/or "Io_a only has 1 scholarship left so whomever commits first gets it". I called a spade a spade, which in another word bullshit, that Io_a isn't going to accept Jackson's commitment before Farniok makes a decision. And what do we all know?! Yep, that's exactly what happened. Io_a held off on Jackson because they wanted Farniok, which is what I said.

I'll keep the w out of Ha_kturds as long as I want. You're a step-child to this blue blood program. You don't have a winning record against daddy Nebraska, either before we joined the B1G or since we've joined the B1G. And until that changes, the w resides in Lincoln, Nebraska - along with dozens of pieces of hardware, something Io_a knows very little about.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have singled you out. I apologize.

It really is amazing what one fluke season can do to a 70 IQ Iowah fan.

One year ago today you morons are sitting at 7-6 and dead silent
Two years ago 8-5
Three years ago 4-8
Four years ago 7-6

It's laughable, and yet you come over running your mouths like you are a better program than NU because you had one good season after a run of embarrassing garbage as shown above.
Get ready because 7-6 is where you are going back to and you know it.

You also know when that happens NU fans won't give 2 $hits and waste their time on an Iowah board giving you $hit because we don't need to state the obvious. We are the better program and always have been even in a run of down seasons.

Iowa has played in 3 BCS Bowl Games, and won an Orange Bowl since Nebraska has played in a BCS game. ... 3>0

Care to put your money where your mouth is on this prediction? Set the line at 6.5 regular season wins for Nebraska and I'll take the overs. Considering we've had fewer than 7 wins in the regular season only 3 times since 1969 I like my odds. Let me know if you are interested. I'm guessing you are just talking tough and, if so, you can run back to your little Io_a board.

I'll gladly accept this bet. Don't expect to see me around here lurking much but maybe the final game of the year and to accept my winnings.

Iowa has played in 3 BCS Bowl Games, and won an Orange Bowl since Nebraska has played in a BCS game. ... 3>0

Which has nothing to do with what you were actually responding to and what I actually said.
Are you reading from a script? or are you just dirt stupid?

Those prior 4 seasons look mighty Fugly.
Quit living in the past talking about Orange Bowls.

Recent history shows Iowah being garbage and the trend says they will go back to that from which they came.

Reactions: HuskerTimOmaha

How can you idiots set there and talk about the Big 12 North being so bad but yet when we were members of the Big 12 North we beat the living shit out of the daunted Fighting Herks and ISU (one of the worst teams in said crappy division) gave you everything you had every year and has a pretty good record against you. Oh wait, it was an in state rivalry game that is why LOL. You are Iowa State's Super Bowl just like we are the Fighting Herks Super Bowl. So yes the better team doesn't always win. Spin it how you want dumbass. Again like it has been beat down your throat many times before, in Iowa's best 16 years (since that is the time frame you want to go by) and Nebraska's worst 16 years, Nebraska is pretty much better record wise.

Also Nebraska has played for several conference championships and even a National Title in that same 16 years. So stop with the Big 12 North was so bad. Sorry the Big 10 West is the laughing stock of college football right now. You are just the champion of said crappy division this year for the 1st time.

How can you idiots set there and talk about the Big 12 North being so bad but yet when we were members of the Big 12 North we beat the living shit out of the daunted Fighting Herks and ISU (one of the worst teams in said crappy division) gave you everything you had every year and has a pretty good record against you. Oh wait, it was an in state rivalry game that is why LOL. You are Iowa State's Super Bowl just like we are the Fighting Herks Super Bowl. So yes the better team doesn't always win. Spin it how you want dumbass. Again like it has been beat down your throat many times before, in Iowa's best 16 years (since that is the time frame you want to go by) and Nebraska's worst 16 years, Nebraska is pretty much better record wise.

Also Nebraska has played for several conference championships and even a National Title in that same 16 years. So stop with the Big 12 North was so bad. Sorry the Big 10 West is the laughing stock of college football right now. You are just the champion of said crappy division this year for the 1st time.

BIG West finished the season with 3 ranked teams and 1 (Iowa) in the top 10. No thanks to you guys.

Maybe you should apologize for not doing your part. We barely let you into this conference because of your crappy academics, the least you could do is win some football games and finish .500 or better.

Let me guess the predictable response: blah blah blah, something about the 90's.

Maybe you should apologize for not doing your part. We barely let you into this conference because of your crappy academics, the least you could do is win some football games and finish .500 or better

Let me guess the predictable response: blah blah blah, something about the 90's.

You just don't know when to STFU...

Nebraska joined the B1G in 2011
Huskers 43-23 (24-17)
Ha_kturds 38-27 (23-18)

.500 or less conference records
Huskers 1
Ha_kturds 3

B1G opened their arms, widely, to allow blue blood Nebraska in the conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: donahues17
3 ranked very over rated teams. Wisconsin had an off year, Iowa had the best year of their history and still barely finished in the top 10 after getting curb stomped and embarrassed in the Rose Bowl.

I would like to thank you for being on the committee that allowed Nebraska into the B1G though. Whew, if not for you we would still be in the Big 12.

Iowa was over rated this year and you know it.

Don't need a response from the 90's when arguing with Herkie fan. Hell, I guess Nebraska would have been a better fit for the B1G CCG since they could actually score some points on MSU. Iowa's offense was really good against crappy teams but looked like the Vikings when it came to real teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT