ADVERTISEMENT

Alaric Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly. Iowa has 5 top-ten finishes in the last 15 years or turn of the century as you put it.

Nebraska has zero.

Rankings mean squat if it doesn't come with hardware. Your claim to fame is shared Big Ten titles in which one of the teams you shared with beat you on the field and the other team you shared with went on to win the National Title and was surely the best team in the conference.

Most of those wins were in the B12 North which is the worst division that's ever been in any P5 conference.

Yeah because Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois were all so much better than the Big 12 North.
How many bowls did those teams participate in compared to the shitty Big 12 North?

Reactions: timnsun
Rankings mean squat if it doesn't come with hardware. Your claim to fame is shared Big Ten titles in which one of the teams you shared with beat you on the field and the other team you shared with went on to win the National Title and was surely the best team in the conference.

This is the type of delusion that gets you a 7 loss season. Fire a quality coach who never won less than 9 games I believe for someone who rarely does and in his first season loses 7 games.

You're not Alabama or Florida State, and right now (and in the last 16 years) you're not Iowa.

It's not championship or bust. But for a fan base that doesn't know to turn the clocks ahead, that's hard to rationalize.

Nebraska is a just 'another school' in the Midwest now with recruiting disadvantages compared to schools in the south and the Blue Bloods of the area (Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma). .. You're also one of the worst academic schools in the BIG. This is what you should see when you view your reflection in the mirror.

Ha Ferentz is 8-8 against former North division Iowa State.

That should have won them some North division titles alone.

Reactions: HuskerO
This is the type of delusion that gets you a 7 loss season. Fire a quality coach who never won less than 9 games I believe for someone who rarely does and in his first season loses 7 games.

You're not Alabama or Florida State, and right now (and in the last 16 years) you're not Iowa.

It's not championship or bust. But for a fan base that doesn't know to turn the clocks ahead, that's hard to rationalize.

Nebraska is a just 'another school' in the Midwest now with recruiting disadvantages compared to schools in the south and the Blue Bloods of the area (Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma). .. You're also one of the worst academic schools in the BIG. This is what you should see when you view your reflection in the mirror.

Nebraska fans shouldn't have to apologize for having high expecations. If the reverse were true that would make us Iowa. Having high expecations is why we have been one of the best football programs of all time. Having low expectations is why Iowa fans are cool with 7-8 win seasons. No thanks

Top 10 finish in football and a top 3 ranking in basketball. Hi, I'm 2016 have we met?

Take your Starter jacket off bro. It's great to be a Hawkeye. Us and Oklahoma are the only two programs to be top 10 in both major sports.
Sorry, I'm a Nebraska fan. We measure success in hardware. And I'm not talking the Heroes Trophy.

Looks like they have been, in fact pretty close in recent years. I do know Nebraska has a lot of following out west here - mainly California.

I think the only real reason folks out in the northwest know more about Iowa, though, is that they had one hell of a year & people are still talking about how they travel.
I'd have to bet Nebraska travels much similar if they were to get out this way.

Looks like they have been, in fact pretty close in recent years. I do know Nebraska has a lot of following out west here - mainly California.

I think the only real reason folks out in the northwest know more about Iowa, though, is that they had one hell of a year & people are still talking about how they travel.

We have been to the west coast a ton more than Iowa has over the last 7 years. We've played Washington UCLA and 3 or so Holiday bowls.

Top 10 finish in football and a top 3 ranking in basketball. Hi, I'm 2016 have we met?

Take your Starter jacket off bro. It's great to be a Hawkeye. Us and Oklahoma are the only two programs to be top 10 in both major sports.

RollingLaugh
Now you are comparing your program to Oklahoma.
Fcking amazing what one year can do to an idiot's ego.

I'm sure you will be talking for years about that Rose Bowl appearance while wearing your starter Iowah jacket you bought on sale at Kmart once Iowah goes back to $hit like they always do.

We have been to the west coast a ton more than Iowa has over the last 7 years. We've played Washington UCLA and 3 or so Holiday bowls.

I knew about those Holiday bowls. That's pretty south, though. The Rose bowl is a pretty special thing to anyone on the west coast, hence my name! (Oregon's made it 7 times, not Iowa :D)

For iowaguy88...
Uh No.

Since 2000:

Nebraska: 137-71
Top 10: 2
Top 25: 8

Iowa: 127-77
Top 10: 5
Top 25: 6

All-Time:
Nebraska: 880-368-40
Iowa: 625-543-39

Head to Head:
Nebraska 29-14-3

Yeah because Indiana, Purdue, Minnesota, and Illinois were all so much better than the Big 12 North.
How many bowls did those teams participate in compared to the shitty Big 12 North?

Ha Ferentz is 8-8 against former North division Iowa State.

That should have won them some North division titles alone.

Just curious why you address some posts but not others directed toward you. What do you have to say about these?

Reactions: scarletred
I warned ya, click, bu-bye.

Warned me for what? I believe Farniok is the better of the two and I'm quite familiar with the Raridons. Always thought the brother at Wisconsin was the most athletic. He just didn't want to play football anymore. The one that played at Notre Dame ended up being a long snapper

I don't think you know as much as you claim to do. No offense. I'd be glad to have a drink and discuss the Farniok vs Fant vs Raridon at to Press Club with ya.

Ferentz has had a top 10 recruiting class in the nation, so while solid, nobody thinks this is his 'best'.

We split, you guys got Farniok we're getting Jackson.

We're sending along a set of streak knives too.

Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself. Iowa isn't better known than Nebraska on the west coast. If they were, their recruiting wouldn't be dogshit there every year.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Seriously, stop embarrassing yourself. Iowa isn't better known than Nebraska on the west coast. If they were, their recruiting wouldn't be dogshit there every year.

You'll have to forgive him he's an Oregon fan who can't get over himself long enough to realize nobody on this board gives 2 $hits about what he thinks.

Well, if there's one thing for certain, its that Oregon basketball & Nebraska basketball seem to be on the same unfortunate level.

Now I'm stuck watching Iowa/Maryland tonight.

Most of those wins were in the B12 North which is the worst division that's ever been in any P5 conference.
Also, I'd rather talk about the last 16 years because it provides more relevance to the state of the program now. I don't expect a Nebraska fan to understand that logic, keep living in the 90's with your Starter jackets.
Iowa football has been and is now a lot more relevant since the turn of the century. Deal with it.
5 top-ten finishes > 0 top-ten finishes

Hey stupid, do you realize that 5 of those 6 teams in the Big 12 north finished Top 10 in the nation during the 15 years Nebraska was in the Big 12 North?

Don't talk to me about weak. While Iowa was playing creampuffs like Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, etc. the Big 12 North was winning bowl games left and right.

Incidentally, the one team that didn't finish in the Top 10, Iowa State, went 8-8 against Iowa.

Last edited:
I got ask....you know since Io_a is at the same level as the Huskers, Oklahoma and others, when was Io_as last National Championship game (win or Lose, ill make it easier for them)? I believe ours was 2001against a freaking juggernaut Miami team that would of killed any team they played in that game.

Yea i agree, this Hawkeye is doing everything in his power to dog the Huskers down, even retarded comments about the Big 12 North being worse then there Big 10 division at the same time period. What has Illinois, Purdue, Minnesota or even Iowa done compared to Nebraska, Colorado, KSU and hell even ISU even had a few decent runs there. In the 80s to the 2000s id have to say the Big 12 North was defently better then Iowas weak ass division they were in and every team has the wins, bowl game wins and hard wear to prove it. Just give up Hawkeye, you guys had ONE good season and the year before you guys almost canned your ELITE COACH you guys have (btw im not cliaming Iowas coach is elite, thats you guys).

Hey stupid, do you realize that 5 of those 6 teams in the Big 12 north finished Top 10 in the nation during the 15 years Nebraska was in the Big 12 North?

Don't talk to me about weak. While Iowa was playing creampuffs like Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, etc. the Big 12 North was winning bowl games left and right.

Incidentally, the one team that didn't finish in the Top 10, Iowa State, went 8-8 against Iowa.
Yet another one for iowaguy88 to answer... has he already been sniped by the mods or is he hiding after this colossal beatdown?

Yet another one for iowaguy88 to answer... has he already been sniped by the mods or is he hiding after this colossal beatdown?

I would hope the mods would leave this alone.The Husker nation on this board can defend our program without them having to butt in.Winking

Reactions: timnsun
I would hope the mods would leave this alone.The Husker nation on this board can defend our program without them having to butt in.Winking
I have no doubt you guys can defend our program. My problem is I've allowed 2-3 weeks of continued Iowa trolls, lies and name calling and it's time to put an end to the insanity. If you like hanging with them so much they have a board and i am sure they will show you much hospitality.

Reactions: WuTang_Husker
Well that is hardly 'elite' level for the NFL. I would say elite is top 2 or 3 at your position. And again, as a Lions fan, I haven't been overly impressed. They had to play him at guard for part of his career (there has been talks about moving him there full time) and the Lions offensive line was less than stellar last year. If there is a solid OT available in the 1st round this year, I hope the Lions take him.

Reiff didn't play at LT right away because Jeff Backus was still in Detroit (I am a Lions fan too). Reiff has been better than average I'd say at LT. Now with that said, Detroit needs an interior linemen if you ask me or an elite defensive back. I think the Laken Tomlinson pick last year sucked.

You're talking about delusion, but here you are comparing iowa's program to Nebraska's. That's the definition of delusional. There is no comparison even if you cherry pick it, iowa has nothing in its history to brag about....ever.

This board is a perfect example of Nebraska fans insecurity with Iowa. I come here for some intelligent talk with a rival and get name called like a 2nd grader.

This board is a perfect example of Nebraska fans insecurity with Iowa. I come here for some intelligent talk with a rival and get name called like a 2nd grader.
Could be that you are getting lumped in with the garbage posters from Iowa. If you come with intelligent words, you will be fine. Some may name call, but you will have good conversations as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT