ADVERTISEMENT

Alaric Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
A big donor on their site now says Iowa is getting both tackles. Apparently he never misses on these things as he has 70 'likes' on the one post.

Stinks for Nebraska, as it seems Iowa is beating them to the punch in several sports and now on the recruiting trail, too.

Bump

Really hope Jackson still visits...big upside with his athleticism

seems like a long shot at best but nothing wrong with being greedy
thought I read somewhere that the chance to play defensive might spark an interest
could he be someone brought in at DT or at his size a 3-4 DE?

Hyde - the 29th highest paid strong safety
Bulaga - 31st paid tackle (9th paid RT)
Yanda - 4th highest paid guard
Babineaux - 25th highest paid DT
Daniels - 17th highest paid DE
Scherff - 18th highest paid Guard
Greenway - I could not find his info on the site, oddly enough
(http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/)

Outside of Yanda, none are paid as elite players. ANd Yanda is on the edge of 'elite'

You forgot Riley Reiff

You forgot Riley Reiff

I didn't mention him b/c RoseBowl didn't. I was responding to the players he brought up. I would assume he is still on his rookie contract, so I can't imagine he is paid like an elite player. And as a lifelong Lions fan, if they paid him like an elite player, I would be pissed, because he is far from it.

I didn't mention him b/c RoseBowl didn't. I was responding to the players he brought up. I would assume he is still on his rookie contract, so I can't imagine he is paid like an elite player. And as a lifelong Lions fan, if they paid him like an elite player, I would be pissed, because he is far from it.

17th highest paid tackle (right or left)

17th highest paid tackle (right or left)

Well that is hardly 'elite' level for the NFL. I would say elite is top 2 or 3 at your position. And again, as a Lions fan, I haven't been overly impressed. They had to play him at guard for part of his career (there has been talks about moving him there full time) and the Lions offensive line was less than stellar last year. If there is a solid OT available in the 1st round this year, I hope the Lions take him.

We could still use another OT in this class.

Yes, we could but it's not as needed now that we landed our #1 OT.

Is Raridon a projected guard?

Raridon is an inside guy. I'm sure he can slide out if needed but our staff has him pegged for inside.

Think about it, we took the #1 prospect out of Io_a and also their #1 OT prospect. :eek:

Reactions: timnsun
Alaric Jackson has cancelled his official visit to Nebraska. Probably committing to Iowa. Sick

No reason to puke, it further shows that he was a back-up plan not only for us but Io_a as well. All kinds of smoke from them since he visited but he didn't commit. He couldn't, they were holding the spot for Farniok. On top of that, we had a chance for an OV during the season, and chose not to host him (slow play). That tells me he was wanted, but not a priority. Again, similar to Io_a, he was a back-up plan.

It's no coincidence our OV with him was four days before signing day. Winking

Reactions: northeastNebraska
No reason to puke, it further shows that he was a back-up plan not only for us but Io_a as well. All kinds of smoke from them since he visited but he didn't commit. He couldn't, they were holding the spot for Farniok. On top of that, we had a chance for an OV during the season, and chose not to host him (slow play). That tells me he was wanted, but not a priority. Again, similar to Io_a, he was a back-up plan.

It's no coincidence our OV with him was four days before signing day. Winking

Tim, you seem to be the king of spin around here! Good work.

However, it looks like Iowa had room for both; came down to a matter of who committed first. I'm sure if Jackson committed yesterday, it would have been spun different from their side just like that, too. Just keeping you honest :)

Reactions: the_hermanator
Yes, we could but it's not as needed now that we landed our #1 OT.

Raridon is an inside guy. I'm sure he can slide out if needed but our staff has him pegged for inside.

Think about it, we took the #1 prospect out of Io_a and also their #1 OT prospect. :eek:

They might have taken the #1 out of Nebraska though, so that probably evens out. ;)

Reactions: the_hermanator
It might surprise you but a lot of them feel this is Ferentz best class he ever had.....

Ferentz has had a top 10 recruiting class in the nation, so while solid, nobody thinks this is his 'best'.

We split, you guys got Farniok we're getting Jackson.

Tim, you seem to be the king of spin around here! Good work.

However, it looks like Iowa had room for both; came down to a matter of who committed first. I'm sure if Jackson committed yesterday, it would have been spun different from their side just like that, too. Just keeping you honest :)

There is zero spin in what I stated. Io_a wanted Farniok, first and foremost, and did not get him. Nebraska wanted Farniok, first and foremost, and got him. We could've hosted Jackson during the season, chose not to. We'd take him, he's not a need though, you're struggling to understand the difference.

I have a long history on this board, you should know that from your previous account names.

They might have taken the #1 out of Nebraska though, so that probably evens out. ;)

Raridon > Fant. There isn't a coach in the country that would take Noah over John.

Reactions: northeastNebraska
Ferentz has had a top 10 recruiting class in the nation, so while solid, nobody thinks this is his 'best'.

We split, you guys got Farniok we're getting Jackson.
Not that I doubt, but what year did Ferentz have a top 10 class?

Probably better to stay out of rivals' way in these things huh.

I suppose if you want to compare Oregon's class we can? I just figured it was probably more appropriate to look at two similar programs to find some debate.

We'll leave Oregon out of this one, still excited to play Nebraska though! :D

Iowa is full if Jackson commits. They're actually over the limit scholarship-wise

They couldn't take Fant, Jackson and Farniok

Last edited:
Angerer
Yanda
Calloway
Eubanks
Dace Richardson
Tony Moeaki
Shonn Greene

All NFL draft picks from that class alone

Stross was a two year starter

Angerer
Yanda
Calloway
Eubanks
Dace Richardson
Tony Moeaki
Shonn Greene

All NFL draft picks from that class alone

Stross was a two year starter

Of the 23 guys in the class, only 9 were on the team by Senior year. 7 of whom were NFL draft picks.

HTO.....fiction can be fun, can't it? Add in your drama and heck, Iowa may be lucky to even field a team in the near future.

I think husker football is on the brink of something special and Mike Riley will lead Nebraska back to national prominence.

See....fiction can be fun!

THE HERMENATOR

Probably better to stay out of rivals' way in these things huh.

I suppose if you want to compare Oregon's class we can? I just figured it was probably more appropriate to look at two similar programs to find some debate.

We'll leave Oregon out of this one, still excited to play Nebraska though! :D

You mean Oregon's class that is ranked #21? Yeah our class ranked #25 isn't on their level, much more comparable to Iowa's class ranked #40.

You have mentioned Oregon's great recruiting several times. Based on rivals ranking Oregon's average class rank the last 10 years (2006-2015) is 21.4. Nebraska's is 23.3. Iowa's is 46.8

HTO.....fiction can be fun, can't it? Add in your drama and heck, Iowa may be lucky to even field a team in the near future.

I think husker football is on the brink of something special and Mike Riley will lead Nebraska back to national prominence.

THE HERMENATOR
You know what's even more fun? When you can't spell your own name correctly... Which is it, HermAnator or HermEnator?

Never cared for Raridon. His older brother was vastly overrated but John's a better player than him.

Didn't ask what you cared for, and I couldn't care less what it is.

THE HERMENATOR

No friction, just recycled trash.

You mean Oregon's class that is ranked #21? Yeah our class ranked #25 isn't on their level, much more comparable to Iowa's class ranked #40.

You have mentioned Oregon's great recruiting several times. Based on rivals ranking Oregon's average class rank the last 10 years (2006-2015) is 21.4. Nebraska's is 23.3. Iowa's is 46.8

Well, I fully expect for Oregon to make a nice jump before signing day. Especially if we land 5* Kelly.

I was speaking more in terms of similar program's on the field. Ya know, where the game is played. Aren't Iowa and Nebraska similar in terms of W/L since the turn of the century? Maybe I'm a bit off, someone might have those #'s.

Looks like a credit to Iowa's coaching staff in terms of development if they are that terrible at recruiting. You're making me defend a team that I really haven't cared all that much for, and I'll wait to choose my midwest team after I check them both out.

As for O, let's just say its been one hell of a fun ride the past 15 years. It's almost poetic beings we were so bad in the 80's-90's to being elite level today.

Well, I fully expect for Oregon to make a nice jump before signing day. Especially if we land 5* Kelly.

I was speaking more in terms of similar program's on the field. Ya know, where the game is played. Aren't Iowa and Nebraska similar in terms of W/L since the turn of the century? Maybe I'm a bit off, someone might have those #'s.

Looks like a credit to Iowa's coaching staff in terms of development if they are that terrible at recruiting. You're making me defend a team that I really haven't cared all that much for, and I'll wait to choose my midwest team after I check them both out.

As for O, let's just say its been one hell of a fun ride the past 15 years. It's almost poetic beings we were so bad in the 80's-90's to being elite level today.

Not exactly. Iowa has 5 top-ten finishes in the last 15 years or turn of the century as you put it.

Nebraska has zero.

Reactions: The_Gent
That isn't what he asked. To answer his question, Nebraska is 137-71 while Io_a is 126-77.

Congrats on your best ever 16-year run, during our worse 16-year run dating back to who knows when, yours still isn't good enough to topple daddy Husker.

Most of those wins were in the B12 North which is the worst division that's ever been in any P5 conference.
Also, I'd rather talk about the last 16 years because it provides more relevance to the state of the program now. I don't expect a Nebraska fan to understand that logic, keep living in the 90's with your Starter jackets.
Iowa football has been and is now a lot more relevant since the turn of the century. Deal with it.
5 top-ten finishes > 0 top-ten finishes

Most of those wins were in the B12 North which is the worst division that's ever been in any P5 conference.
Also, I'd rather talk about the last 16 years because it provides more relevance to the state of the program now. I don't expect a Nebraska fan to understand that logic, keep living in the 90's with your Starter jackets.
Iowa football has been and is now a lot more relevant since the turn of the century. Deal with it.
5 top-ten finishes > 0 top-ten finishes

I'm going to guess you don't know what Iowa's record was vs the Big 12 North...do you? It's not pretty. That would mean something...if it was not coming from a Hogeye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT