ADVERTISEMENT

Alaric Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of where these 2 end up, I predict our class ends up ranked higher than Iowas after signing day. Has to be disappointing to Hawk fans considering they are coming off their best season in their program's history, and ours was our worst in 70 years.

"Best season in their program's history?" We finished 9th nationally. We've finished 8th three times since 2002 and 7th in 2009. This wasn't even our best season in 14 years.

And please tell me how your 6-7 2015 season with a Bowl win was worse than your 2007 5-7 season or your 2004 5-6 season?

This bs about 2015 being our best and your worst that you guys keep pimping needs to stop.

Reactions: icnu525
"Best season in their program's history?" We finished 9th nationally. We've finished 8th three times since 2002 and 7th in 2009. This wasn't even our best season in 14 years.

And please tell me how your 6-7 2015 season with a Bowl win was worse than your 2007 5-7 season or your 2004 5-6 season?

This bs about 2015 being our best and your worst that you guys keep pimping needs to stop.

Not talking about your final ranking, taking about your win-loss record. I read numerous articles about it when you went 12-0. And without a gift of an unearned bowl game, ours ties for the worst. You get my point, and it is still valid.

I know you could probably give two flips about my thought...I just don't see Iowa having room for both...unless fant has cut ties with Iowa. Knowing the Iowa staff a little bit...I am a HS. Coach...my guess is that the first to commit gets the final scholarship....I don't think the staff would say that but it might be the reality. A current commit hinted in a tweet that there was big news coming out of Detroit ..meaning Jackson.....and I think farniok was yours all along.
I appreciate your post, level-headed and logical. Nothing to apologize for. Good luck to the Hawks, it looks for the time being you guys have turned the corner with your program. Congrats!

Reactions: The_Gent

Your right it was our 3rd worse season we have had since 1962...

Not much difference between being ranked 8th or 9th but you NEVER won 12 games in a row in your history until this year that has to count for something even with losing the B1G CCg and the Rose Bowl.

Reactions: huskergal99
And with not getting any defensive tackles too that would be a BIG disappointment for this staff and program.

For whatever reason(s), DT wasn't a top priority for the staff. I don't agree with it, just what I've observed over the last 12 months.

Not talking about your final ranking, taking about your win-loss record. I read numerous articles about it when you went 12-0. And without a gift of an unearned bowl game, ours ties for the worst. You get my point, and it is still valid.
Well said. You could have ripped into him for coming on our site and talking smack, but you took the high road.

For whatever reason(s), DT wasn't a top priority for the staff. I don't agree with it, just what I've observed over the last 12 months.

Losing Collins and Valentine hurts.. they must think highly of the Davis twins as I do but you know as well as I after 2016 we will be thin at that position.

Last edited:
A big donor on their site now says Iowa is getting both tackles. Apparently he never misses on these things as he has 70 'likes' on the one post.

Stinks for Nebraska, as it seems Iowa is beating them to the punch in several sports and now on the recruiting trail, too.

Well said. You could have ripped into him for coming on our site and talking smack, but you took the high road.

He wasn't talking smack he brought up a good validated point it wasn't our worse year 2007 was ....and they did win the Orange bowl in 2009 which would make it a better season in their eyes.

A big donor on their site now says Iowa is getting both tackles. Apparently he never misses on these things as he has 70 'likes' on the one post.

Stinks for Nebraska, as it seems Iowa is beating them to the punch in several sports and now on the recruiting trail, too.

Unfortunately, it's just his guess based on the coaches feeling good about their chances. The fact is NEITHER committed to Iowa on their visit. And as I said earlier, regardless of what these two decide, I still think we end up with a higher ranked class.

Reactions: scarletred

Pathetic troll attempt is pathetic

Except Iowa has zero respect in any sport. Nobody and I mean nobody gives a shit about wrestling.
Yeah, I can see some of that, but their basketball seems to be pretty well-respected over the years. I remember them being a top program in the 80's, and it appears they have returned. Good for them.

I don't know, its good to see new teams emerge instead if the same ol' OSU & Michigan.

He wasn't talking smack he brought up a good validated point it wasn't our worse year 2007 was ....and they did win the Orange bowl in 2009 which would make it a better season in their eyes.
Just for the record, it wasn't what he said - but how he said it. It was smack.

Losing Collins and Valentine hurts.. they must think highly of the Davis twins as I do but you know as well as I after 2016 we will be thin at that position.

I hear ya, don't think they felt both would leave and more than likely was misled by at least Valentine. Doesn't surprise me though, his contact with Kaczenski somewhat tipped me off months ago where his head was.

Stoltenberg, Davis, Davis, Newell, that's what it looks like after this next season. Need to grab at least 2 in the 2017 class unless they're sliding someone else inside...

Two and a JUCO, imo. Unless they slide someone down, but I can't imagine who that would be. Neal?

I hear ya, don't think they felt both would leave and more than likely was misled by at least Valentine. Doesn't surprise me though, his contact with Kaczenski somewhat tipped me off months ago where his head was.

Stoltenberg, Davis, Davis, Newell, that's what it looks like after this next season. Need to grab at least 2 in the 2017 class unless they're sliding someone else inside...
This staff seems more in tune with roster management than anbody has been in Lincoln for a long time. IMO they must have a plan. We seem to be taking quite a few DEs with big frames and I wouldn't be surprised if we have a walk on grow in to a player at DT. Maybe we have an OG that they think would be better suited at DT. Who knows.

Reactions: Crushinator
Two and a JUCO, imo. Unless they slide someone down, but I can't imagine who that would be. Neal?

I don't see anyone on the current roster, at least on the defensive side, that we could slide in after the 2016 season. I'm good with 2 in the 2017 class, 1 from the JUCO ranks.

Reactions: headcard
I care about wrestling and it sucked to lose to them today. I want every sport to defeat whoever they are facing, especially iowa.

When we change to a 3-4 this year, we won't need all those DT's Winking

All part of the coaches plan Cool
I'm skeptical that we have the right personnel to run the 3-4 effectively. It would help to know if the weight listed on the official roster is actually updated, cause many of the DL guys look like they need to gain some weight, or grow taller. If you're only going to have 3 guys in there, they have to be big guys that clog up running lanes as well as take on the OL double teams all game long. Also not sure we have the LB depth yet to run 4 (2 deep, injuries etc.)

As long as Ferentz is there Iowa is never going to out recruit others in terms of stars because he doesn't care about the rankings. He takes the kids that want to work the most. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

2 positions that they do the best with- OT and TE. If you are one of these you would need your head checked to not go to Iowa because you will at the very least get in the NFL for a stint.

As long as Ferentz is there Iowa is never going to out recruit others in terms of stars because he doesn't care about the rankings. He takes the kids that want to work the most. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

2 positions that they do the best with- OT and TE. If you are one of these you would need your head checked to not go to Iowa because you will at the very least get in the NFL for a stint.
I get what you're saying but Iowa is not the only school to put OT and TE into the league, and Iowa doesn't put every single OT or TE that ever played there into the league either. So it's a little presumptuous to say you would need to have your head checked...

I say go someplace where you can get to the next level and also win a lot of games. That right there opens the door far beyond Iowa.

Reactions: lovetheskers
Regardless of where these 2 end up, I predict our class ends up ranked higher than Iowas after signing day. Has to be disappointing to Hawk fans considering they are coming off their best season in their program's history, and ours was our worst in 70 years.
After a big year it's usually the next years class that significantly improves. Iowa already had 80% of their class midway through the season.

Jackson and Farniok could both end up with the yard birds. Until it's official you can't say for sure. Jackson hasn't even had his OV to N yet. It's comparing apple's to oranges.I'm sure he was excited after his OV to Iowa but wait till he comes to N could be a different story.
Either way we are about the same right now in recruiting. Both sides want to say one is better yet we are fighting for some of the same recruits. I personally think N is trending up and Iowa is spinning wheels. That's just my opinion not really any strong facts to back it up yet. We will see
GBR.

Reactions: timnsun
Jackson and Farniok could both end up with the yard birds. Until it's official you can't say for sure. Jackson hasn't even had his OV to N yet. It's comparing apple's to oranges.I'm sure he was excited after his OV to Iowa but wait till he comes to N could be a different story.
Either way we are about the same right now in recruiting. Both sides want to say one is better yet we are fighting for some of the same recruits. I personally think N is trending up and Iowa is spinning wheels. That's just my opinion not really any strong facts to back it up yet. We will see
GBR.
Both of these kids are 3* OL not a difference maker for 2-3 years if then.

I believe Iowa has only one spot available. Unless someone decommits, Iowa won't be taking both Jackson and Farniok.

I do like Jackson's upside more than Farniok. After all, he has only been playing football for what, two years? Farniok didn't look that good in the Army AA game or practices. Probably wasn't used to the competition. I think either one will be good fits on the OL, but I think Farniok projects to guard and Iowa, like Nebraska, needs OT's. That's why I'm hoping for Jackson. Huge frame.

I believe Iowa has only one spot available. Unless someone decommits, Iowa won't be taking both Jackson and Farniok.

I do like Jackson's upside more than Farniok. After all, he has only been playing football for what, two years? Farniok didn't look that good in the Army AA game or practices. Probably wasn't used to the competition. I think either one will be good fits on the OL, but I think Farniok projects to guard and Iowa, like Nebraska, needs OT's. That's why I'm hoping for Jackson. Huge frame.

If they both wanted to go to Iowa, Iowa would make room for them. On that note, I hope that Nebraska lands Farniok something terrible.

When we change to a 3-4 this year, we won't need all those DT's Winking

All part of the coaches plan Cool

I'll tell you one thing, the way they've been recruiting LB'ers had me questioning if that move was coming but I can't imagine any possible way that happening without some anchors up front.

I'll tell you one thing, the way they've been recruiting LB'ers had me questioning if that move was coming but I can't imagine any possible way that happening without some anchors up front.

I suspect that in either case they're looking for LBs who can line up and rush the passer off the edge. I keep thinking about that commend Banker made about upgrading defensive speed. He mentioned recruiting ends who can move to tackle, LBs who can move to end, safeties who can play LB, and corners who can play safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT