ADVERTISEMENT

Alaric Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Where do we stand with him up to this point I see he was in Iowa City this weekend.

Need 2 tackles in this class Farniok would be the other.

He may still visit but I think NU is on the outside looking in. That's what I've formulated from reading others comments regarding him.

Reactions: jmintzy
Jackson is real close to being an Iowa Hawkeye along with some others already committed to Iowa from the Detroit area.
that would fill them up ,thus Farniok looks that more Red

That can't be right. We have been told repeatedly that Iowa is no longer interested in Farniok, he is just a fall back plan.

Sounds like Jackson is going to be a Hawk. Faniok is up in the air guessing he end up at Nebraska. They are 17 year old kids however so the could both end up at Michigan State and it wouldn't shock me.

Reactions: cbhawkeye
Wilfong just CB'd for both Farniok and Jackson to Iowa

We will see, Riley still has an in-home with Farniok and curious to see if Jackson still visits

Will be interesting to see if Newman leaves Ole Mi$$ as a Rebel or still undecided

Both to Iowa would be a killer to this class. We are badly in need of OTs and we might whiff. Losing both main targets to our in division rival is even worse.

It is a lot easier to recruit if you can at least be relevant every once in a while

Both to Iowa would be a killer to this class. We are badly in need of OTs and we might whiff. Losing both main targets to our in division rival is even worse.

It is a lot easier to recruit if you can at least be relevant every once in a while

No it wouldn't....

Where do we stand with him up to this point I see he was in Iowa City this weekend.

Need 2 tackles in this class Farniok would be the other.

I am concerned about Jackson and Farniok because Iowa did a really cool thing this weekend. They invited all their commits who could make it plus some targets such as Jackson, Farniok and Fant(commit) 19 in all. There is a picture from a commit of all of them on the HAWKEYE Football board, non-premium. That "togetherness" would seem enticing to sign on.

I am concerned about Jackson and Farniok because Iowa did a really cool thing this weekend. They invited all their commits who could make it plus some targets such as Jackson, Farniok and Fant(commit) 19 in all. There is a picture from a commit of all of them on the HAWKEYE Football board, non-premium. That "togetherness" would seem enticing to sign on.

Seen the pic, and is a cool idea if you can get all your commits to visit all at the same exact time or unless it's on their own dime.... It appears Farniok left to go home uncommitted to think things over and I'm sure Riley and staff will make another visit this week.

Hmmm I've checked the Iowa sites and don't see either listed as a commit. Farniok has yet to tip his hand to anyone so I think that one will be tough to call. We will all find out later this,week I guess.

Regardless of where these 2 end up, I predict our class ends up ranked higher than Iowas after signing day. Has to be disappointing to Hawk fans considering they are coming off their best season in their program's history, and ours was our worst in 70 years.

Regardless of where these 2 end up, I predict our class ends up ranked higher than Iowas after signing day. Has to be disappointing to Hawk fans considering they are coming off their best season in their program's history, and ours was our worst in 70 years.

It might surprise you but a lot of them feel this is Ferentz best class he ever had.....

Last edited:
I know you could probably give two flips about my thought...I just don't see Iowa having room for both...unless fant has cut ties with Iowa. Knowing the Iowa staff a little bit...I am a HS. Coach...my guess is that the first to commit gets the final scholarship....I don't think the staff would say that but it might be the reality. A current commit hinted in a tweet that there was big news coming out of Detroit ..meaning Jackson.....and I think farniok was yours all along.

No it wouldn't....

We have zero off tackles in this class at a position of extreme need

if this class ends up with zero offensive tackles - or a late reach due to whiffing on our initial targets to go along with zero defensive tackles then I'm not sure how successful we can call it. It might be ranked higher than Iowa's in the end but these rankings do not address how well a team addressed their needs.

It might surprise you but a lot of them feel this is Ferentz beat class he ever had.....

Very well may turn out that way...they don't have a single four star recruit, however, which seems odd. MSU, on the other hand is obviously taking advantage of their,recent success, they've got a great class on paper.

I've just seen a lot of comments by Iowa fans that we are a has-been program, they've surpassed us, etc, but it doesn't seem to be showing on the recruiting trail.

Reactions: HuskerLLM
I know you could probably give two flips about my thought...I just don't see Iowa having room for both...unless fant has cut ties with Iowa. Knowing the Iowa staff a little bit...I am a HS. Coach...my guess is that the first to commit gets the final scholarship....I don't think the staff would say that but it might be the reality. A current commit hinted in a tweet that there was big news coming out of Detroit ..meaning Jackson.....and I think farniok was yours all along.

I don't think anyone really knows on Farniok, he's played this close to the vest. He's come to Lincoln many more times, but that may not mean anything.

It's nonsense to suggest Io_a would take Jackson over Farniok, 10 days before signing day. You've been recruiting Matt for 2+ years, loads of attention with visits to SD, not to mention the attention his younger brother is getting as well and you're not gonna risk that with the family.

He's your top OT target, just like he is for Nebraska.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I agree with HTO. Farnoik is the top OT for three teams, NU, MSU, and the team to the east of NU.

Maybe Jackson has not committed because he knows he's the back up plan for those three teams. Once MF commits, it could be a two team race for his commit. As I said early, I don't think AJ ends up at NU. Of those three teams, I think NU is in the 3rd spot.

If NU misses on MF, I think NU gets shut out on OTs.

Reactions: huskergal99
I agree with HTO. Farnoik is the top OT for three teams, NU, MSU, and the team to the east of NU.

Maybe Jackson has not committed because he knows he's the back up plan for those three teams. Once MF commits, it could be a two team race for his commit. As I said early, I don't think AJ ends up at NU. Of those three teams, I think NU is in the 3rd spot.

MSU got a commitment from another OT today I believe, not sure if that impacts Farniok, but I think it's a NU vs. Iowa decision anyhow.

Reactions: HuskerLLM

And with not getting any defensive tackles too that would be a BIG disappointment for this staff and program.

Jackson might be waiting on MSU, they may be making a late push for him as a DT.

We have zero off tackles in this class at a position of extreme need

if this class ends up with zero offensive tackles - or a late reach due to whiffing on our initial targets to go along with zero defensive tackles then I'm not sure how successful we can call it. It might be ranked higher than Iowa's in the end but these rankings do not address how well a team addressed their needs.
I would think we would start Brokop out at OT if we whiff on both. He's 6'5 and played OT in HS. Too thin at that position not to, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT