Alabama Star QB to transfer, Jalen Hurts

Here are his passing stats.

394 of 637 for 62% completion percentage
40 TDs
10 INTs
4861 Yards

In two seasons.

I'll take that.

With different OC coordinators too, and people shouldn't forget that he put up those stats as a true freshman and sophomore.

"Flat out lousy" is prolly a stretch, I'd reword that if I had it to do over. I might say something like, Great athlete, below average QB.
I never did watch enough Alabama football to be able to say how good of a quarterback he is. All I can say is they had a ton of talent surrounding him, which certainly helped him and his record. At the same time, if he really were below average, you would think that he would cost them in some games more than he did.

I would say the Armstrong was an average QB. And if that’s the case, I think hurts is better than Armstrong. At the same time, I could be letting my bias show regarding Armstrong…

Edit: without question, he wouldn’t be as good at Nebraska as he is Alabama. We don’t have the horses to protect him yet.

I , I think hurts is better than Armstrong.

Not exactly shooting for the moon there!! We're all going to find out how good Hurts is, because he will probably never start another game at 'Bama and we're going to see him transfer. We'll see how good he looks when he doesn't have an NFL caliber line, RB, and WR's to throw to, and he isn't being coached by the greatest CFB coach who ever lived, and defenses don't have to make him their 4th priority to stop. It must be the off season, I cannot believe I have replied so much in this thread, I'm kinda embarrassed for myself :)

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT