ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama players that tested positive...

ZaneHickey

Defensive Coordinator
Dec 3, 2004
Are they out of the hospital, yet? Or...did any get symptoms, even? Kudos to the Husker parents calling BS on all of this.

Last edited:
Has there been ANY college age athletes that had significant issues with Covid? Were hospitalized? Died? I'm guessing not.

Has there been ANY college age athletes that had significant issues with Covid? Were hospitalized? Died? I'm guessing not.

LSU had a DL that was really sick with it and lost 27 pounds. He said it was no joke, lost his ability to taste,smell etc.

Reactions: Antwill

5 Big Ten athletes have been diagnosed with Myocarditis, which if not caught early and treated, can be very bad.

Reactions: Chuck003
5 Big Ten athletes have been diagnosed with Myocarditis, which if not caught early and treated, can be very bad.

This. More and more studies are showing that while young people are asymptomatic or have very mild cases, they are presenting with lung and heart damage. While we have no idea as to the long term prognosis, potential permanent lung and heart damage could have fatal consequences later.

Reactions: FrostedScottyOs
This. More and more studies are showing that while young people are asymptomatic or have very mild cases, they are presenting with lung and heart damage. While we have no idea as to the long term prognosis, potential permanent lung and heart damage could have fatal consequences later.
You do realize getting the flu and pneumonia cause Myocarditis also

Did they say that they were diagnosed by an echocardigram? If not, that report is fake news. The only reports I've heard said "EKG changes suggestive of myocarditis". Similar EKG changes can be present normally in a large number of athletes. Not to be that guy, but a link might be helpful here. At the very least show us the source for your information.

Did they say that they were diagnosed by an echocardigram? If not, that report is fake news. The only reports I've heard said "EKG changes suggestive of myocarditis". Similar EKG changes can be present normally in a large number of athletes. Not to be that guy, but a link might be helpful here. At the very least show us the source for your information.

I went with the lesser or two, ESPN said 5+, CBS says 15+ in the Big 10 alone. You know damn well HIPAA and general disinterest won’t get into the details of each case.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...n-for-fall-2020-hopes-to-play-in-spring-2021/

At least 15 Big Ten players have been left with myocarditis after contracting COVID-19, according to a high-ranking source within the Big Ten.

There's at least one Power Five school where athletes who test positive for the coronavirus automatically get an EKG.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...vid-19-fuels-power-5-concern-season-viability

Dr. Matthew Martinez, director of sports cardiology for Atlantic Health System in New Jersey, said he has received calls from physicians from at least a dozen Power 5 schools who have identified more than a dozen athletes with some post-COVID-19 myocardial injury. He said about half of them had symptoms.

And it’s not just college sports, MLB pitcher with the issue here

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...heart-ailment-linked-covid-19/?outputType=amp

Suspected, died of a heart attack, 27 year old pro basketball player.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-ojo-former-florida-state-center-dies-age-27/#app

Reactions: TylerGoLong
What about CTE that causes permanent long term issues? Just cancel football for all of time at this point.

id leave it up to the individual player.
if you want to sit this out, fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT