Alabama GOP Governor blames unvaxxed morons

HUSKERinLA

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
Nearly a third of staffers at Big Apple hospitals are still unvaccinated — more than nine months into the campaign to inoculate medical workers and all New Yorkers against the killer bug, state data reviewed by The Post reveals.

The figures compiled by the state Health Department also show that nearly 40 percent of hospital staff across three boroughs have either refused or have not received their COVID-19 vaccine.

The vaccination rate among hospital workers was only 61 percent for those in the Bronx, 62 percent in Brooklyn and 64 percent in Staten Island, state statistics received through July 14 found.

Just two-thirds, or 67 percent, of staffers at Queens hospitals have gotten their COVID jabs.

Even in hospital-heavy Manhattan, just 76 percent of workers were vaccinated — matching the statewide average. That means one in four medical staffers are still unvaccinated.

There are some 450,000 workers employed by hospitals in New York State, according to a 2018 SUNY study. That means more than 100,000 workers are unvaccinated.
No law against hospital workers being stupid.

Reactions: Gill12

Huskermatt23

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Jan 11, 2017
Seattle
You haven't been there lately. I got there every year and the Hispanic population has increased big time in the southeast.
According to the Census Bureau: Total Hispanic population in Bama is sub 5% and that isn't even people of Mexican origin or even people who are 1st generation immigrants. So yea the population of recent immigrants from Mexico is small, but don't let facts get in the way of your arguments they never have before.

Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent
69.1%
Black or African American alone, percent(a)
26.8%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)
0.7%
Asian alone, percent(a)
1.5%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent(a)
0.1%
Two or More Races, percent
1.8%
Hispanic or Latino, percent(b)
4.6%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent
65.3%

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Do you work in a hospital? I can personally tell you that they were offering us 250 just to take the jab. Now, I will remind you that I am in favor of vaccines.
I do not care where you work. You made an incorrect statement above and I commented on it. That is all! What difference does it make them offering you money to take the poke? Nothing to do with you being wrong about 61 percent of the nurses in New York refusing to take the vaccine!

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, so your telling me nobody is coming through the border?
Im asking you to verify your statement with proof. 188K unvaccinated immigrants this month. Are these illegal or legal or both... Come on man. If your going to say it you better be able to back it up.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I do not care where you work. You made an incorrect statement above and I commented on it. That is all! What difference does it make them offering you money to take the poke? Nothing to do with you being wrong about 61 percent of the nurses in New York refusing to take the vaccine!
It doesn't matter to him. Remember that the Trump doctrine is to continue to lie repeatedly until people begin to believe it. This is what we see here on a daily basis.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
What? My daughter is a nurse and tended to covid... LOL she made 70K last year. Stop your F'n lying.
Oh really? Did your daughter take agency jobs to Texas starting base pay of 85 hour plus OT? How about hazard pay? We still have agency nurses making 80 a hour in our hospital because the others haven't come back from Texas. I didn't say me, but I did well. You can make that easy as a travel nurse. Did she work a covid unit and get hazard pay? If you wanted to hustle and make the money it was there.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Oh really? Did your daughter take agency jobs to Texas starting base pay of 85 hour plus OT? How about hazard pay? We still have agency nurses making 80 a hour in our hospital because the others haven't come back from Texas. I didn't say me, but I did well. You can make that easy as a travel nurse. Did she work a covid unit and get hazard pay? If you wanted to hustle and make the money it was there.
Okay... So if you put yourself in danger, worked long hours, and travel you might get up to half what your saying. 80 and hour on a 40 hour work week is 160K a year. You got a long ways to go to get to 350K

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
It doesn't matter to him. Remember that the Trump doctrine is to continue to lie repeatedly until people begin to believe it. This is what we see here on a daily basis.
What's funny is your trying to tell me about things you know nothing about. If your daughter is only making that much because she is new to nursing or works in a clinic setting. If you knew anything about nursing, then you would know agency nurses get paid a lot, but usually for strikes. Well, covid was just like a strike.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Okay... So if you put yourself in danger, worked long hours, and travel you might get up to half what your saying. 80 and hour on a 40 hour work week is 160K a year. You got a long ways to go to get to 350K
Okay Einstein, you have shift diff, hazard pay, and a base rate. Now, some got other incentives, but it depends on your contract. I know a few nurses that made that money. All I got was all the OT I wanted and hazard pay along with regular.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
What's funny is your trying to tell me about things you know nothing about. If your daughter is only making that much because she is new to nursing or works in a clinic setting. If you knew anything about nursing, then you would know agency nurses get paid a lot, but usually for strikes. Well, covid was just like a strike.
She worked on a cardiac unit at Bergan Mercy. They were one of the first to come across the devastation of covid. She worked her regular work week. She could have traveled and made double her salary. Im saying no way did nurses make 350K over the covid year.
As demand for nurses across the country increases to treat the coronavirus outbreak, the average weekly pay for travel nurses has nearly doubled, according to recent findings from healthcare staffing platform NurseFly.

There was a 76% increase in average nurse pay nationwide since March, with increases of up to 90% over the average pay in Washington.

Hospitals are paying Crisis/Pandemic rates up to $4,400 weekly to quickly staff up for the caring of COVID-19 patients.

The data speaks to unprecedented demand for travel nurses directly linked to treating COVID-19, including compensation, U.S. market hotspots where nurses are needed most, and positions that are high in demand.

Doing some basic math... A nurse working in the above setting could bring in approx. 246K per year. if they worked 56 weeks out of the year. Really good but a far cry from what you are claiming.

The average pay for Registered Nurse (RN) jobs was $1,700 nationwide in January 2020. As of March 2020, the average pay for COVID-19 related RN jobs jumped to over $3,000 – with certain locations and specialties seeing increases even higher than 100 percent.
In California, there was more than a 60 percent increase in average weekly pay, while the state of Washington saw more than a 90 percent increase in the same timeframe for RN jobs.
ICU & ED Nurses are in highest demand
Travel Nurse Pay Nearly Doubles Nationwide from Coronavirus Outbreak

Roles in high demand: Staffing at Intensive Care Units (ICUs), emergency departments (EDs) and nurses who specialize in Infection Control are seeing the highest demand:
Demand for nurses in infection control and emergency departments have both increased by over 100 percent.
Pay for infection control positions is now double the national average, while pay for emergency department nurses has nearly quadrupled.
Pay for positions in California and New York have seen the sharpest increase, while the highest-paid positions remain in Washington.
Nursing demand at Washington area ICUs has surged with an average of 350 jobs being added every week.
COVID-19 Nurse Job Portal
NurseFly also announced the launch of its dedicated COVID-19 jobs portal at nursefly.com/COVID19 to help more healthcare professionals connect with critical COVID-19 jobs across the country, along with its offer of a free one-month subscription for government and public health agencies looking to access NurseFly’s technology and network to fill urgent positions. The 65,000+ healthcare professionals currently on the NurseFly platform are able to browse and compare 80,000+ travel jobs nationwide, gain transparency into pay rates, and research different U.S. cities – all for free from NurseFly’s website or mobile app.
“This is an unprecedented time and NurseFly is in a unique position to help. This is what we were built for,” said Parth Bhakta, NurseFly Co-Founder and CEO. “We created NurseFly to transform and modernize how travel healthcare professionals connect with work – and with the rise of COVID-19, our mission is more critical than ever. We want to get the word out to any medical professional who is ready, willing and able to assist to join our platform and help healthcare facilities overcome urgent staffing shortages during this public health crisis.”

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Who said we were in danger? How many nurses died? I know a CNA, MhT, and CSR that died in our hospital. They all had preexisting issues unfortunately. I know tons of nurses that chased the money and are fine.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Okay Einstein, you have shift diff, hazard pay, and a base rate. Now, some got other incentives, but it depends on your contract. I know a few nurses that made that money. All I got was all the OT I wanted and hazard pay along with regular.
see my other post. I did a bit of research for you. Your wrong as usual but Im willing to admit that some did do quite well. Your statement was a blanket statement that certainly made it sound like it was the norm during covid for a nurse to pull 350K. I highly doubt that more than a few handfulls of nurses got to that number.

But regardless your main intent per usual was to portray covid as nothing more than a hoax that hospitals took advantage of.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Who said we were in danger? How many nurses died? I know a CNA, MhT, and CSR that died in our hospital. They all had preexisting issues unfortunately. I know tons of nurses that chased the money and are fine.
Would they have died from the common cold or flu? I mean that's what you believe covid to be correct? If your a true red trumper you can't believe that covid was anything more than that.

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
From April, 2021.

12 Months of Trauma: More Than 3,600 US Health Workers Died in Covid’s First Year​

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
She worked on a cardiac unit at Bergan Mercy. They were one of the first to come across the devastation of covid. She worked her regular work week. She could have traveled and made double her salary. Im saying no way did nurses make 350K over the covid year.
As demand for nurses across the country increases to treat the coronavirus outbreak, the average weekly pay for travel nurses has nearly doubled, according to recent findings from healthcare staffing platform NurseFly.

There was a 76% increase in average nurse pay nationwide since March, with increases of up to 90% over the average pay in Washington.

Hospitals are paying Crisis/Pandemic rates up to $4,400 weekly to quickly staff up for the caring of COVID-19 patients.

The data speaks to unprecedented demand for travel nurses directly linked to treating COVID-19, including compensation, U.S. market hotspots where nurses are needed most, and positions that are high in demand.

Doing some basic math... A nurse working in the above setting could bring in approx. 246K per year. if they worked 56 weeks out of the year. Really good but a far cry from what you are claiming.

The average pay for Registered Nurse (RN) jobs was $1,700 nationwide in January 2020. As of March 2020, the average pay for COVID-19 related RN jobs jumped to over $3,000 – with certain locations and specialties seeing increases even higher than 100 percent.
In California, there was more than a 60 percent increase in average weekly pay, while the state of Washington saw more than a 90 percent increase in the same timeframe for RN jobs.
ICU & ED Nurses are in highest demand
Travel Nurse Pay Nearly Doubles Nationwide from Coronavirus Outbreak

Roles in high demand: Staffing at Intensive Care Units (ICUs), emergency departments (EDs) and nurses who specialize in Infection Control are seeing the highest demand:
Demand for nurses in infection control and emergency departments have both increased by over 100 percent.
Pay for infection control positions is now double the national average, while pay for emergency department nurses has nearly quadrupled.
Pay for positions in California and New York have seen the sharpest increase, while the highest-paid positions remain in Washington.
Nursing demand at Washington area ICUs has surged with an average of 350 jobs being added every week.
COVID-19 Nurse Job Portal
NurseFly also announced the launch of its dedicated COVID-19 jobs portal at nursefly.com/COVID19 to help more healthcare professionals connect with critical COVID-19 jobs across the country, along with its offer of a free one-month subscription for government and public health agencies looking to access NurseFly’s technology and network to fill urgent positions. The 65,000+ healthcare professionals currently on the NurseFly platform are able to browse and compare 80,000+ travel jobs nationwide, gain transparency into pay rates, and research different U.S. cities – all for free from NurseFly’s website or mobile app.
Are you really that dumb? Rates fluctuates with experience and what type of nurse you are. If you're working in the units, then you are paid more. Even our hazard pay fluctuated with us, so you can't take a collective average. Pay fluctuates between hospitals. Then you're trying to be a smartass and you don't realize that different hospitals start OT after 8's or 12's. When I traveled to Cali they started OT after 8, so you do the math big shot.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Would they have died from the common cold or flu? I mean that's what you believe covid to be correct? If your a true red trumper you can't believe that covid was anything more than that.
No, I believe if you're one of the unlucky ones that it affects, then you're in my prayers. It's scary watching a person that looks perfectly fine de-sat. I had covid and was blessed to be safe. I also know a lot of people that have got it. We need to take care of the sick and old.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Are you really that dumb? Rates fluctuates with experience and what type of nurse you are. If you're working in the units, then you are paid more. Even our hazard pay fluctuated with us, so you can't take a collective average. Pay fluctuates between hospitals. Then you're trying to be a smartass and you don't realize that different hospitals start OT after 8's or 12's. When I traveled to Cali they started OT after 8, so you do the math big shot.
Dude you can't state something as fact and infer that all nurses are making 350K if they just want to, then turn around and give a bunch of factors that could possibly lead to said income.

Now if you would have stated that some nurses did well during covid due to shortages, hazard pay, OT, Experience, Traveling to certainly locations I may have agreed.... But your statement was said in such a way to insinuate that this was the norm during covid and all part of a greater conspiracy.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
From April, 2021.

12 Months of Trauma: More Than 3,600 US Health Workers Died in Covid’s First Year​

You do realize when they say healthcare they're talking about CNA, CSR, MhT, sitters, nurses, CRNA, secretaries ect ect. The nurses for the most part have been healthy. CNA and sitters have had issues.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
No, I believe if you're one of the unlucky ones that it affects, then you're in my prayers. It's scary watching a person that looks perfectly fine de-sat. I had covid and was blessed to be safe. I also know a lot of people that have got it. We need to take care of the sick and old.
Well at least your acknowledging that its not the common cold or flu... I think. Good for you. That is called progress.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Dude you can't state something as fact and infer that all nurses are making 350K if they just want to, then turn around and give a bunch of factors that could possibly lead to said income.

Now if you would have stated that some nurses did well during covid due to shortages, hazard pay, OT, Experience, Traveling to certainly locations I may have agreed.... But your statement was said in such a way to insinuate that this was the norm during covid and all part of a greater conspiracy.
No, that's your damn problem for inferring that I said "all" you can play your game with others, but im not the one. All I have to do is know one and I actually know more than one. Oh wait, what if a few made 343K. Just because your doesn't make shit doesn't mean others don't. Tell her to join the float pool and that will bump her to 110K.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
You do realize when they say healthcare they're talking about CNA, CSR, MhT, sitters, nurses, CRNA, secretaries ect ect. The nurses for the most part have been healthy. CNA and sitters have had issues.
Lower-paid workers who handled everyday patient care, including nurses (can't be... they were getting paid 350K), support staff and nursing home employees, were far more likely to die in the pandemic than physicians were.

Maritza Beniquez, an emergency room nurse at Newark’s University Hospital in New Jersey, watched 11 colleagues die in the early months of the pandemic. Like the patients they had been treating, most were Black and Latino. “It literally decimated our staff,” she said. NO HAZARD PAY NEEDED HERE>>>>NO HAZARD WARRANTED. JUST 11 IN ONE HOSPITAL>NO BIG DEAL

Her hospital has placed 11 trees in the lobby, one for each employee who has died of covid; they have been adorned with remembrances and gifts from their colleagues.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
What? My daughter is a nurse and tended to covid... LOL she made 70K last year. Stop your F'n lying.
So, then you're telling me everyone makes 70K in nursing boy genius?

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
According to the Census Bureau: Total Hispanic population in Bama is sub 5% and that isn't even people of Mexican origin or even people who are 1st generation immigrants. So yea the population of recent immigrants from Mexico is small, but don't let facts get in the way of your arguments they never have before.

Race and Hispanic Origin
White alone, percent
69.1%
Black or African American alone, percent(a)
26.8%
American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent(a)
0.7%
Asian alone, percent(a)
1.5%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent(a)
0.1%
Two or More Races, percent
1.8%
Hispanic or Latino, percent(b)
4.6%
White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent
65.3%
Well considering our population has grown a lot and it has spread through Mississippi and Bama. I would rather believe my eye's and interactions.

capt'n caveman

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2007
Gotta love how the ignorant moron sheep are trained to automatically blame "illegals" for everything... and not take any responsibility because assholes won't get vaccinated or wouldn't wear a mask.🙄

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Lower-paid workers who handled everyday patient care, including nurses (can't be... they were getting paid 350K), support staff and nursing home employees, were far more likely to die in the pandemic than physicians were.

Maritza Beniquez, an emergency room nurse at Newark’s University Hospital in New Jersey, watched 11 colleagues die in the early months of the pandemic. Like the patients they had been treating, most were Black and Latino. “It literally decimated our staff,” she said. NO HAZARD PAY NEEDED HERE>>>>NO HAZARD WARRANTED. JUST 11 IN ONE HOSPITAL>NO BIG DEAL

Her hospital has placed 11 trees in the lobby, one for each employee who has died of covid; they have been adorned with remembrances and gifts from their colleagues.
So what if none of our nurses have died and I work at the biggest trauma hospital?

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
No, that's your damn problem for inferring that I said "all" you can play your game with others, but im not the one. All I have to do is know one and I actually know more than one. Oh wait, what if a few made 343K. Just because your doesn't make shit doesn't mean others don't. Tell her to join the float pool and that will bump her to 110K.
LOL.. This isn't about my daughters salary clownshow. This is about you taking a few anomalies and trying to state that the covid hoax was leading to absurd salaries.

Your words...
"Yes, but they're not dead and made 350K off of fear." LOL how's one supposed to infer that? Come on man... If you're a nurse and made that good of money... then I know you're smarter than this.

Reactions: Hardlyboy

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
So what if none of our nurses have died and I work at the biggest trauma hospital?
Well then good for you and you seem to be on the lucky side of things dont you. Again your statement "Yes, but they're not dead and made 350K off of fear."

kidofSN

Junior
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
Biggest Trauma hospital in the country cannot say that so what is your trauma center biggest at ??

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Well then good for you and you seem to be on the lucky side of things dont you. Again your statement "Yes, but they're not dead and made 350K off of fear."
I don't know a nurse that died from covid clownshow! Why would I listen to a dipshvt like you who thinks nurses get paid only 70K? Then, you know jackshvt about the hospital, but want to tell me everything about it. You want to worry about something, then worry about the monkey pox that is spreading.

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Biggest Trauma hospital in the country cannot say that so what is your trauma center biggest at ??
Correction, biggest in my area. I have been fortunate enough not to have anyone become fatality ill knock on wood.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
I don't know a nurse that died from covid clownshow! Why would I listen to a dipshvt like you who thinks nurses get paid only 70K? Then, you know jackshvt about the hospital, but want to tell me everything about it. You want to worry about something, then worry about the monkey pox that is spreading.
Again... you made a blanket statement. Just because you didn't know a nurse that died, or because you know a few nurses that might have pulled 350K doesn't make what you said truthful.

By the way the average RN salary in 2020 according to https://nursejournal.org/articles/nursing-salaries-in-2020/ Was 80K. So sorry I guess I was off by 10k but my daughter is only in her 3rd year. Of course I didn't say the average salary of a nurse was 70K. that was a you thing.

Good day!

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
LOL.. This isn't about my daughters salary clownshow. This is about you taking a few anomalies and trying to state that the covid hoax was leading to absurd salaries.

Your words...
"Yes, but they're not dead and made 350K off of fear." LOL how's one supposed to infer that? Come on man... If you're a nurse and made that good of money... then I know you're smarter than this.
Covid hoax? Who said it was a hoax? Don't put words in my mouth. I may not know nurses that have died, but I know plenty of people. So, don't try to lump me in with your Trump collective!

dee_s3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2008
Again... you made a blanket statement. Just because you didn't know a nurse that died, or because you know a few nurses that might have pulled 350K doesn't make what you said truthful.

By the way the average RN salary in 2020 according to https://nursejournal.org/articles/nursing-salaries-in-2020/ Was 80K. So sorry I guess I was off by 10k but my daughter is only in her 3rd year. Of course I didn't say the average salary of a nurse was 70K. that was a you thing.

Good day!
Again, because you're ignorant and try to lump everything together. I never said all nurses, so stop being an ignorant prick and assuming. Like I said, you got the right one.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Again, because you're ignorant and try to lump everything together. I never said all nurses, so stop being an ignorant prick and assuming. Like I said, you got the right one.
Dude your words.... It's okay if you want to rephrase. "Yes, but they're dead and made 350K off of fear."

Maybe you meant.... "Yes, but not many died in the big picture, and a few even made 350k off of the pandemic."

If this is what you meant to say... then ok? I understand.

cavalot

Head Coach
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
Covid hoax? Who said it was a hoax? Don't put words in my mouth. I may not know nurses that have died, but I know plenty of people. So, don't try to lump me in with your Trump collective!
Glad to know that you're not part of the collective.

NO BORG HERE CAPTAIN.
I_Borg_Star_Trek_TNG_HD.jpg

Reactions: dee_s3

huskerfan_12_05

All-American
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
Lincoln, NE
Yes, but … they could require digital proof of vaccination for virtually anything and everything … AND THEY SHOULD! (like they do with children in school or traveling to a foreign country).
They might & if they start more people might get vaccinated. They’ll prob also get sued

Latest posts