ADVERTISEMENT

Akoy Agau Transfer

jieder

Walk On
Gold Member
Feb 26, 2009
I noticed that Akoy Agau is transferring from Louisville at the end of this first semester. He will be looking at other schools (probably including Nebraska), since he played at Omaha Central and visited the NU campus many, many times before deciding to attend Louisville. He played sparingly in 19 games last year as a true Freshman and has very sparingly in only 3 b-ball games this first semester.

Questions: (1) I assume he must sit out 1-year as a transfer and, thus, be eligible to play in in second semester 2016. Correct? (2) If so, would he be classified as a Junior? (3) Could he take a "red-shirt" year in second semester 2016 and play the entire 2016-2017 b-ball season as a Junior? (4) Other information you can provide?

I think regardless of what school he chooses, the 4 questions above are applicable. Thanks!

Agau has a redshirt year so he could (should) sit out all of next season and then have two full seasons of basketball to play. But what will probably happen is he will play half a season next year and then have a senior season. Some schools will not have a scholarship to tie up in a kid who will be ineligible for much of his time on campus, but Miles should have room for him. I'm not sure what kind of skill development Agau has had since HS. I don't think the current "offense" Miles is running is a good fit for any post player, but that can always change.

I think as long as he can be a presence inside on defense and rebound, NU can use him.....doesn't need to be a scorer.

cool.r191677.gif

I don't know Akoy or his playing ability, but can't help think that he'll get significant playing time at Georgetown either. Maybe he has his "head in the stars" a little too much….Nebraska is begging for athletic post men for 2015-2016 school year and beyond. Wish he would have given NU more consideration. Or is there some other reason that he didn't end up at Nebraska after his transfer from Louisville?

ADVERTISEMENT