ADVERTISEMENT

AJ Bush

Mar 4, 2009
pretty crazy road that this kid has taken to start a game at memorial stadium. He was a late addition to Bo's last class after it became clear that Darlington's concussions would be an issue. Played for a season under Bo, played for a season under Riley, and then moved on. He looked OK in the spring games he played in... with a few really nice runs. Didn't fit whatever it was that Riley wanted to do.

I'm guessing that if he would have stuck around, he might have started a game or two for us in 2016 when Tommy and Fyfe were banged up. He went to Iowa Western then to Va Tech and now he's at Illinois.

In any event, glad he's done ok for himself but I hope he throws 6 picks on Saturday.

I did not realize the road he had traveled, yikes. Why did Lemonjeollo Ball come to mind when I read that?

That's a lot of different schools to go to, is that very common?

Good for him. I'm rooting for him (outside of the game this weekend). He wanted to play QB and has shown he can do it. He transferred mostly because he wanted that opportunity and now he has it

He's a load to bring down. I hope our guys aren't expecting he will go down just because they make contact.

Again stats in the macro look better than stats in the micro -

85 rushes for 472 5.55 ypc

3 games against Kent St, Rutgers and Minnesota - 53 rushes for 382 - 7.2 ypc

4 games against Western Ill, Maryland, Purdue and Wisconsin - 32 rushes for 90 yards 2.8 ypc

His passing is erratic at best. Load the box, stop the run and make him beat you with his arm. Sounds like a tactic used by past defenses against Nebraska

WellW see how good the defense has gotten against a mobile qb

I recall that he is left handed and every so often throws a beautiful deep ball.

I don't think he's anything like Jammal. That guy was could really run.

I recall that he is left handed and every so often throws a beautiful deep ball.

I don't think he's anything like Jammal. That guy was could really run.
Statistically, Jammal was the best running QB we ever had. He could throw a nice deep ball to a wide open tight end off of play action, but that was about it for his passing acumen.

ADVERTISEMENT