ADVERTISEMENT

After Wisky pulls a Nebraska

Except the recruiting footprint of this division sucks and I can't imagine this division is all that sexy a sell to recruits outside the footprint - I can't imagine too many kids in say Texas, Florida, or California are all that wowed at the prospect of playing Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue, and Wisconsin every year.
There are plenty of kids who would play for the schools mentioned and it's pretty good competition. They all turn out fair amount of pro's. For example, Purdue has four rookies starting in the NFL this year or getting significant PT. Four. There are many big cities throughout the Midwest, Kansas city, St louis, Chicago, detroit, minneapolis, indianapolis, Columbus, Milwaukee and Madison that are turning out good collegiate players.

No, it’s honesty.

between hand-picking Solich & “Frost just had a couple bad bounces” he has proved he cannot run the program by proxy.

he’s a legendary coach and always will be, but you don’t have to worship everything he’s done since because of blind homerism.
You are clown of the day. Go wash out your mouth with soap you dimwit.

The state of this division has to be a major selling point for the Nebraska and Wisconsin openings.

Seriously. You go east, you have to get over Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State.

Either division of the SEC -- Georgia / Tennessee / UF or Bama / LSU / TAMU.

This division?

The bar to get over is Minnesota, Purdue, Illinois.

It's embarrassing to be so bad we can't get over that bar.
TAMU lost to Appalachian State and got crushed by Mississippi State.

I think it's authentic too. I was a measly manager of a Papa John's helping my delivery driver with a 50 pizza order to UNO athletics and he was there to sign, tip and had a 8 minute conversation with me.
So that is why he cut the wrestling and FB program. What did you say to him? 😁

Many reports state Urban isn't interested. Do you know something the rest of us do not? Or are you in the throw a bunch of silly money at him that will change his mind?

So, anyone who has a moral basis of though and how they live their lives needs to immediately quit but any morals that are opposed are fine? Its called freedom, we use to have it in this country.
Have you heard or read a statement from Urban himself like Bob Stoops put out saying he wasn't interested instead of what a bunch of stupid sportswriters think but dont know squat? Of course you throw money out to people who have a history of success. If we want to be in the playoff, he gives us that best chance. Haven't seen Campbell or Leipold with that kind of history
By firing Chryst, the crap in hiring a coach who has morals needs to STOP. This is about winning and money. Go get Urban. Hell, CFB has already turned in pro football and there's not many morals there

You just s*** talked Tom Osborne. Forgive me if I don't engage with fools.
again, control your emotions.

if Nebraska hires Stoops instead of Osborne’s BFF Solich, we would have more NC’s than Oklahoma and a dozen more Big 12/Big 10 Championship trophies.

you can appreciate and be in reverence of his coaching ability while being less than impressed with everything else.

Is Trev better than Tom when it comes to picking the next HC?
Time will tell.
Who %&^ING cares what "Tom" thinks?

Can we put Tom in the trophy case?

Can people stop referencing Tom?

Can the media stop writing articles that parallels current teams with Tom's teams?

Can Tom go away?

Reactions: thall_
We agree, then. I wouldn’t have fired Pelini or Solich.
I might have fired Pelini because of his attitude, but I sure as hell would have had a better option in the fold than Mike Riley.

I would not have fired Solich, but rather would have solicited TO to encourage Solich to upgrade his staff, then provide Solich the resources to do so. I really think that if we had gone the next 5 years with Solich (with Pelini as DC and someone more astute than Cotton as OC, along with Gill and Brown still on staff), that we would have won the B12 North 4 of the next 5 years, won the B12 once or twice, and been in the hunt for bigger things in year 5.

You gotta remember, Frank Solich, with mostly his recruited players in 2001, was 11-0 going into the Colorado game. In that game, we scored 36 points, but was playing without a lot of injured players. We lost on turnovers 4-0, which without that, we would have probably won a shootout game. Other than that game, we played good defense all season and held #2 OU to 339 yards. We held Notre Dame to 162 yards that year.

Then after that, we had to play an extremely talented Miami team and didn't play well. The entire 2002 season was a big hangover from 2001. In 2003 we finished 10-3 and even though we lost to the best KSU team ever at home, we finished freaking 10-3.

All of my friends here in Georgia were flabbergasted that we fired a coach off of a 10-3 season. Everyone I knew from outside the Husker fan family was impressed with how we had a unique brand of football in Lincoln and it worked for the better part of 40 years, then we threw it out like the kitchen garbage and replaced it with something that was a fad in the 2000s. Our high school football coach said that what Nebraska did was like divorcing a beautiful and devoted wife in her mid 30s, replacing her with a 21 year old mindless cheerleader.

Ok, probably my last post because the torches and pitch forks come out. It is embarrassing to hear Nebraska fans say Iowa sucks
While "Iowa sucks" definitely includes the Iowa Hawkeye football program, it's about so much more ......

Iowa sucks.

Reactions: gw2kpro
Iowa has been a much much better program than nebraska for 20+ years. Nebraska just isn’t good anymore, kills coaching careers, and is the Indiana of college football
Nebraska isn’t very good

and you have to take the worst stretch of Nebraska’s history and compare it to the current golden age of Hawkeye football for Iowa to only be slightly better

Reactions: BleedRed78
All the money it takes its not ours. Nebraska Football is to big of a economic engine to pinch pennies on a rookie WR head coach.
You are missing the point. For some people, and Urban may be one of them, there is no amount of money.

Did anyone say they were going even offer MJ and pay him an assistants salary? If he is offered the job, I am sure the money will be fine.

You are missing the point. For some people, and Urban may be one of them, there is no amount of money.

Did anyone say they were going even offer MJ and pay him an assistants salary? If he is offered the job, I am sure the money will be fine.
Ok maybe....Do you think Trev is waiting to see if he wins 8 games.......please and other teams are making moves

Have you heard or read a statement from Urban himself like Bob Stoops put out saying he wasn't interested instead of what a bunch of stupid sportswriters think but dont know squat? Of course you throw money out to people who have a history of success. If we want to be in the playoff, he gives us that best chance. Haven't seen Campbell or Leipold with that kind of history

Have you heard or seen any indication Urban is even remotely interested?

Urban isn't coming, but if he wanted the job it would be his. Playing morally questionable players is something every coach in the country does and has for a long time. Urban isn't going to be turned down for jobs because he had players arrested at Florida or because he waited until Zach Smith was criminally charged before firing him.

No, it’s honesty.

between hand-picking Solich & “Frost just had a couple bad bounces” he has proved he cannot run the program by proxy.

he’s a legendary coach and always will be, but you don’t have to worship everything he’s done since because of blind homerism.
Running the program by proxy or not doesnt have anything to do with being a jackass. Claiming it does only shows everyone what an ignorant fool you are.

There are countless stories of Tom's class and decency. He's respected for his contributions not only to football, but throughout the state for his charity work. You blind homerism comment is more ignorance and trash. It's obvious you have no clue.

Running the program by proxy or not doesnt have anything to do with being a jackass. Claiming it does only shows everyone what an ignorant fool you are.

There are countless stories of Tom's class and decency. He's respected for his contributions not only to football, but throughout the state for his charity work. You blind homerism comment is more ignorance and trash. It's obvious you have no clue.
Wrong, it has 100% to do with his involvement in Nebraska football outside of coaching.

I’m sure he is a nice guy, and I’m not going to debate the semantics that hurt your feelings.

the fact is, Osborne is not fit to pick head coaches. Is he the worst ever? Nope, but that doesn’t make him good.

ADVERTISEMENT