ADVERTISEMENT

After watching Indiana vs Michigan play all

stucknks

Athletic Director
Jan 2, 2012
Weekend, trying not to favor the home team. Think Nebraska is the better Baseball team.
Also, Michigan is a dump of a park compared to Haymarket Park.
Beyond me, but Michigan has nothing on Nebraska here!
Hardly any fans and it is still pretty cool up here for baseball anyway.
Note: would like to see N take over the Haymarket Park and have the Saltdogs build their own Park.
No it won't happen anytime soon if ever.
Nothing against the Saltdogs here.

Also, Michigan is a dump of a park compared to Haymarket Park.
Beyond me, but Michigan has nothing on Nebraska here!
Hardly any fans and it is still pretty cool up here for baseball anyway.
Note: would like to see N take over the Haymarket Park and have the Saltdogs build their own Park.
What For? That‘s the one the main reason Nebraska moved into Haymarket was because of the Saltdogs..

What For? That‘s the one the main reason Nebraska moved into Haymarket was because of the Saltdogs..
Simple! Nowhere in or around the stadium does it say NEBRASKA BASEBALL. If you been to multiple college ballparks like I have, the scoreboards are decorated by the school name and pretty much all over the Park.
It is a no brainer

Simple! Nowhere in or around the stadium does it say NEBRASKA BASEBALL. If you been to multiple college ballparks like I have, the scoreboards are decorated by the school name and pretty much all over the Park.
It is a no brainer
Digital signage is far less expensive for branding porpoises than building a new stadium that will set empty most of the year (for either team).

Reactions: scarletred
Digital signage is far less expensive for branding porpoises than building a new stadium that will set empty most of the year (for either team).
That's true! Only the top programs who are serious about baseball are owned and run solely by the University

You want the stadium to sit doormat all summer instead of producing revenue for the city?

That's just dumb.

Reactions: scarletred
You want the stadium to sit doormat all summer instead of producing revenue for the city?

That's just dumb.
Nah, you play summer ball tournaments there for 16/17/18 yr old baseball teams and of course the State Tournament.
How do you think teams like oklahoma, Texas schools, Carolinas to name a few do it.
At the same time the instate kids get a added bonus/experience playing there.
You see, I coached for almost 22 yrs and two boys have played all over the country.
No biggie!
The scoreboard should be bad ass with NEBRASKA BASEBALL ATOP THE SCOREBOARD IN RED & WHITE .
Corn, I been doing this for almost 40 years!

Last edited:
Nah, you play summer ball tournaments there for 16/17/18 yr old baseball teams and of course the State Tournament.
How do you think teams like oklahoma, Texas schools, Carolinas to name a few do it.
At the same time the instate kids get a added bonus/experience playing there.
You see, I coached for almost 22 yrs and two boys have played all over the country.
No biggie!

You should sit this one out if you think that creates even close to the same revenue.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
Had to respond that way cause the guy didn't get it. Yes, N is serious about all Sports
I didn't "get it"? Bloviating about an economically unsustainable idea certainly supersedes any alternative ideas. I'll defer to your superior intellect and all of the thought you've put into this matter.

And no, I don't want fries with my order. Thanks for asking, though.

You should sit this one out if you think that creates even close to the same revenue.
Again, I can get into the legalities and hope to explain in detail how all these other schools do it but that would take some time.
Wait until they want or need to make improvements/additions and that time will come sooner than you think.
Who do you think foots the bill for that?
Like I mentioned, I been to many....more than two dozen college D1 ballparks in over 16 different States where the University has sole possession and its just a great great feel and perhaps build up school tradition.....I can't explain it but it is cool.
All I'm saying!

stucknks, I haven’t been to Haymarket since the season finally when Nate Fisher pitched against Michigan in his last start at Haymarket and they have some N around the concords of the stadium not just as much as you want to have...I do agree with some of what your saying so maybe you should shoot AD Moos and voice your concerns on his radio show?

Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT