ADVERTISEMENT

After this spring.......

After this spring, what will the new coaching staff honestly be thinking internally?

• How did this team manage to win 4 games last year?

Votes: 13 12.5%
  • How did this team ONLY win 4 games last year?

Votes: 71 68.3%
  • How on earth are we going to win more than 4 games in 2018?

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • How can we not win the west division and play in the CCG?

Votes: 18 17.3%

• Total voters

Cloud@Heart

Senior
Aug 13, 2005
Helena, MT
Will the new coaching staff be thinking: 1) How did this team manage to win 4 games last year?, 2) How did this team win ONLY win 4 games last year?, 3) How on earth are we going to win more than 4 games in 2018? or 4) How can we not win the west division and play in the CCG?

Talent is there to be an over .500 team - 2018 schedule is brutal so winning West is bit ambitious....especially given where Wisky is at. The rest of the West games - I expect to win or game will be toss up.

Will the new coaching staff be thinking: 1) How did this team manage to win 4 games last year?, 2) How did this team win ONLY win 4 games last year?, 3) How on earth are we going to win more than 4 games in 2018? or 4) How can we not win the west division and play in the CCG?
With the talent this new coaching staff has they'll definitely be wondering how in the hell we only won 4 games in 2017.

Gotta think they’re wondering how they only won 4 games.

Actually, they probably know why they only won 4 games. The answer mostly lies to the NorthWest.

Reactions: Sinomatic
how did we win 4?

57b51c4ed1024.image.jpg

Time will tell if the coaches are sincere with their comments about having better talent, player buy in, being further along, etc. than they were at the same time at UCF or are just saying thought things to help build confidence.

Assuming they are sincere, the most telling comment to me was how they seem about as confident about the o-line talent as any position group on the team. Makes me better understand what a cluster the Riley era was. The more I learn, the less I think of him.

Reactions: huskerfan1414
Time will tell if the coaches are sincere with their comments about having better talent, player buy in, being further along, etc. than they were at the same time at UCF or are just saying thought things to help build confidence.

Assuming they are sincere, the most telling comment to me was how they seem about as confident about the o-line talent as any position group on the team. Makes me better understand what a cluster the Riley era was. The more I learn, the less I think of him.
People underestimate just how bad our team was last year.
Especially the OLine. We are talking, worst power five, maybe not even top 100 in nation bad.

Reactions: SC_'sker
Talent is there to be an over .500 team - 2018 schedule is brutal so winning West is bit ambitious....especially given where Wisky is at. The rest of the West games - I expect to win or game will be toss up.

Iowa has beat the crap out of us the last three years. I have a hard time saying we should beat them next year. I think we could. I think we will, but I don't think most impartial people would agree.

People underestimate just how bad our team was last year.
Especially the OLine. We are talking, worst power five, maybe not even top 100 in nation bad.

Yep, the last three Beaver years showed incredible inept play by our OLine. I hope SF has his magic wand ready.

The one advantage I think Frost has over what Riley had starting out, is talent. Riley and staff sucked at everything else. Recruiting they did a half descent job at. This team no doubt has talent. They key is getting the most out of that talent. Something Riley could not do. This team should have easily got to 9 wins last year. This years schedule is going to suck, but I think we should still easily get to 6 wins.

Reactions: saluno22
Iowa has beat the crap out of us the last three years. I have a hard time saying we should beat them next year. I think we could. I think we will, but I don't think most impartial people would agree.
Do you remember who our coach was during that time frame? One of maybe the top 3 worse coaches in Neb history. Not to take anything away from Iowa, (but I will lol) They got lucky to play us during our worst football in over half a century . To be fair there were probably many high school programs in our own state that could have achieved the same thing against us. We were bad.
I am not saying Iowa wont ever beat us again, maybe even this year. To use the last 3 years as an example of why they could beat us is silly. Many of us will probably/ hopefully never again seen a Nebraska team that bad in our lifetime.

Last edited:
Do you remember who our coach was during that time frame? One of maybe the top 3 worse coaches in Neb history. Not to take anything away from Iowa, (but I will lol) They got lucky to play us during our worst football in over half a decade. To be fair there were probably many high school programs in our own state that could have achieved the same thing against us. We were bad.
I am not saying Iowa wont ever beat us again, maybe even this year. To use the last 3 years as an example of why they could beat us is silly. Many of us will probably/ hopefully never again seen a Nebraska team that bad in our lifetime.

Century?

Reactions: huskerfan1414
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT