ADVERTISEMENT

After one week of classes Notre Dame already on lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all classes online for two weeks. A surge of Corona virus cases caused by students (gasp!) partying and not following social distancing rules. Who could have guessed it?

What does this do to ND football?
just like at UNC, football will not be impacted.

Reactions: NC:steeler:SU
Michigan State announced today that their classes would be on-line (distance based) this fall.

Last edited:
I think they should just end the Notre Dame football program.

Not just for the horrific educational decision to put kids back into school during this pandemic, but for reparations for that crap awful Rudy story that led to the worst movie in cinematic history. (Well, outside of Titanic of course).

Not just for the horrific educational decision to put kids back into school during this pandemic, but for reparations for that crap awful Rudy story that led to the worst movie in cinematic history. (Well, outside of Titanic of course).
Can’t agree with this take, not completely... as much as I hate ND, Rudy was awesome! The music gets me every time.

But yes, I’d be fine with them cancelling the football program.

Reactions: TailDragger99
I wonder what would happen if healthy people quit getting tested???

so stupid

Sadly, the positivity rate would sky rocket. Which in turn would cause wide spread panic. The healthy people testing actually is a good thing, as long as they don't test positive. Also assuming you don't have "gliches" like they did here in Texas and also early on in Florida, where the states were reporting a 22% positivity rate when in reality it was in the 11% range. Leaving out negative results apparently skews the numbers....who knew??

I could've told you it was coming. I live by campus & in the wine & liquor business & with the amount of sales the wknd after the parents left (a 8 daya ago yesterday) it had the writing on the walls. TECHNICALLY (neighbor works in athletic department) if any student lives off campus isn't supposed to step foot on campus for next 2 weeks...

Sadly, the positivity rate would sky rocket. Which in turn would cause wide spread panic. The healthy people testing actually is a good thing, as long as they don't test positive. Also assuming you don't have "gliches" like they did here in Texas and also early on in Florida, where the states were reporting a 22% positivity rate when in reality it was in the 11% range. Leaving out negative results apparently skews the numbers....who knew??

They’re just inciting new fear. None of the kids are sick in the hospital and it didn’t even mention how many were asymptomatic.

cases are good.

I don’t trust the testing but that’s another topic

They’re just inciting new fear. None of the kids are sick in the hospital and it didn’t even mention how many were asymptomatic.

cases are good.

I don’t trust the testing but that’s another topic

Totally agree. Just saying what the eventual backlash would be.

Totally agree. Just saying what the eventual backlash would be.

oh, I’m sure you’re right.

I live about 30 miles from ND. Hospitals are empty here, nobody knows anyone who is sick. But if you watch the news or listen to the radio, they just keep talking about these “cases” going up and up.

its BS. The testing sites, I’ve never seen anyone in them. I work as a manufacture rep for a popular RV. We have hundreds of factory workers. Nobody is missing from work sick. We should have been hit really hard, but no plant in the entire area (hundreds of them all with hundreds of workers) had an outbreak.

Amish people here call it the TV virus.

I am sorry for always complaining and being negative about this but it’s really sad and I believe it is being used for nefarious purpose.

just let us be. Fear is no way for people to live.

oh, I’m sure you’re right.

I live about 30 miles from ND. Hospitals are empty here, nobody knows anyone who is sick. But if you watch the news or listen to the radio, they just keep talking about these “cases” going up and up.

its BS. The testing sites, I’ve never seen anyone in them. I work as a manufacture rep for a popular RV. We have hundreds of factory workers. Nobody is missing from work sick. We should have been hit really hard, but no plant in the entire area (hundreds of them all with hundreds of workers) had an outbreak.

Amish people here call it the TV virus.

I am sorry for always complaining and being negative about this but it’s really sad and I believe it is being used for nefarious purpose.

just let us be. Fear is no way for people to live.

I am 100% in agreement.

Allowing kids on campus makes no sense. The notion they can live and attend on campus but not play sports is dumb and unrealistic.

Everyone repeat after me:

Covid doesn't hurt college students.

Reactions: Jhollenbeck41
power thru it.
kids will have to get us to herd immunity.

Sigh.. Does anyone on this site do any reading? Good Lord..

"We are a ‘traveling to Mars length’ away from achieving herd immunity,” said Dr. Gregory A. Poland, an expert on vaccines and a professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

“What we do know is that the majority of Americans have not been infected. We’re very, very far from the majority,” added Gypsyamber D’Souza, PhD, a professor of epidemiology and international health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Maryland.

“There are hot spots where the outbreak has been heavier, but even in the most heavily exposed places we know about so far, nowhere, no city has gotten anywhere close to herd immunity,” D’Souza told Healthline.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/nowhere-near-herd-immunity-with-covid-19

Allowing kids on campus makes no sense. The notion they can live and attend on campus but not play sports is dumb and unrealistic.

No kidding.

But wait, we will test them before they are allowed on campus...then what...Skippy the RA is supposed to make sure they all stay in their dorms and wear masks?

What % of college guys are wearing a mask when they go out?
What % of college girls are wearing one when they go out?

And a lot of colleges are making the students fill out an app each day. With questions like "were you around people not wearing a mask?" and shit like that...I am sure that will be really helpful.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
How did they not think there would be outbreaks!!?? This is so idiotic.

But we need to get kids back to campus and get their tuition money and then we can go to on-line...That’s the move.

Major universities know that if they started out with all online classes, a bunch of underclassmen would go Community College or take a gap year. So they started in person to hook them in, knowing and wanting to move to online classes.

Major universities know that if they started out with all online classes, a bunch of underclassmen would go Community College or take a gap year. So they started in person to hook them in, knowing and wanting to move to online classes.
^^^^This^^^^ The whole damn thing is a gigantic con game. My former employer is open for business with students told to social distance and wear masks. But everyone and their blind hamster knows it is not going to last and is a joke.

Just sent my oldest to school. She only has two of her classes in person. She's on a Regents Scholarship, so don't want to miss out on that, but fully expect them to go all online in short order.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

"We are a ‘traveling to Mars length’ away from achieving herd immunity,” said Dr. Gregory A. Poland, an expert on vaccines and a professor of medicine at the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota.

“What we do know is that the majority of Americans have not been infected. We’re very, very far from the majority,” added Gypsyamber D’Souza, PhD, a professor of epidemiology and international health at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Maryland.

“There are hot spots where the outbreak has been heavier, but even in the most heavily exposed places we know about so far, nowhere, no city has gotten anywhere close to herd immunity,” D’Souza told Healthline.

we're all surrounded by people that don't take/trust vaccines.
how is a vaccine is going to help herd immunity if no one takes it?
the my pillow guy has a cure, though. we're good.

I'm taking my oldest to Mizzou today. He has 5 classes, and 4 are online. The only live class is a lab. 15 grand for room and board to take one class.

Reactions: GretnaShawn

All these people won't wear a mask. They won't take a vaccine that has been rushed through without using regular safety protocols. If only these idiots would get with the program and listen to Big Brother, all would be well!

COMPLIANCE IS FREEDOM!

Yeah, especially since the movie focused on all the tension Rudy had with his older brother. Unfortunately, the real Rudy had no older brother. He was the oldest and the next three younger siblings were girls. He also never worked in a steel mill. #fakemovienews

Yeah, especially since the movie focused on all the tension Rudy had with his older brother. Unfortunately, the real Rudy had no older brother. He was the oldest and the next three younger siblings were girls. He also never worked in a steel mill. #fakemovienews

Same thing with Bohemian Rhapsody, while I thought it was a fantastic movie, they lied their ass off from start to finish and they didn't have to. If told correctly it was still a great story, but nonetheless, they felt like they had to fake the hell out of several timelines and stories and I'm not sure why.

Not to worry, we're nowhere close to herd immunity for Influenza either. So all good!

Enough people aren't complete whack jobs that they'll take the vaccine. 70% of the public will take it, which would likely be enough to attain a herd immunity.

The mutations are another issue. However the new strain, D614G, would appear to be more contagious, but less virulent. The big issue is if the vaccines being developed would still be effective against the new strains. There are mixed reviews on that. But some say that the vaccine would still be effective, since there has only been 1% variation in the original structure..

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/08/200803105246.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT