ADVERTISEMENT

Ads. Super Bowl

Comfortable in your own home add was creepy.
Most of them are dreamed up by skinny pasty faced dudes in slim fit skinny low rider jeans with the bottom cuffs rolled up and a flannel shirt knotted in the front unbuttened down to their belly button. Yeah. They're not the people you usually run in to watching football games.

Didn’t see much worth it.

Liked Bolden’s ad. The MC hammer was okay. Nothing else really stood out but the game and commercials were mostly white noise tonight.

Didn’t see much worth it.

Liked Bolden’s ad. The MC hammer was okay. Nothing else really stood out but the game and commercials were mostly white noise tonight.
Hindsight, I went back and watched the Ground Hog's day commercial. That was well done IMO. I loved the movie and the part where Murray was beating on the gophers popping up out of the machine reminded me of Caddyshack. "nothing personal. It's just a game",

My wife told me about the line. I did like the movie.

Also pretty cool knowing the farmer in the ad you mentioned.

My wife told me about the line. I did like the movie.

Also pretty cool knowing the farmer in the ad you mentioned.
He's kind of a lightening rod right now. He's a county commissioner who is aligned with some anti livestock groups (Sierra Club included). They're calling some small family corp. hog confinement feeding operations "factory farms". Some townships in his county have started a petition process to leave the county and join a neighboring one. Supposedly his wife knows somebody from the ad company that did the ad.

I must be completely out of touch with today's culture. Just don't get the commercials and especially the halftime shows. Hot garbage.

I mean, over half of the US is female so they are targeting and trying to get their attention along with the guys who are already watching anyway.

Thoughts several commercials were great. Had me laughing quite a bit. I thought the snickers commercial was pretty funny. Halftime wasn’t bad, and game ended up pretty good. Glad to see the chiefs get the win!

Reactions: NewEnglandHusker
Definitely a downward trend in commercials the last few years. I think businesses finally realized they weren't worth the investment. On the other hand, I thought that for once in I can't even remember how long, the pre-game was actually interesting. I liked the tributes to a lot of the old players, the Johnny Cash bit, etc.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I know the farmer in the "organic" beer commercial ad. He played soccer with my kid 25 years ago.
Made me not want to drink Mich Ultra or whatever beer it was for. Ummmm, hey commercial? If we do this which people do we kill? Because I believe it's been agreed that with all organic farming we could not feed the worlds population.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I thought the ads were OK outside of the organic beer commercial.

Also thought the halftime theme -- Skank-A-Palooza -- was an interesting choice, given that several sponsors paid big $$$ in order to air equality and empowerment spots.

images

Don't care much for that yellow-tinged, silightly carbonated water anyway.

I may be in the minority, but in my opinion half-time show was at least entertaining after the string of woke half time shows we've had. Don't know the songs, couldn't really hear the lyrics (I'm told much was in Spanish, so I feel better that it wasn't just my hearing going), not my kind of music, but what's not to like about a little hip shake?

Last edited:
Dingle, as things there progress if you can share somehow I’d be interested to see how things come out.
Have to have farmers and have to give them chances for success for the nation. Curious how things come out.

The commercial with the kid taking it to the house with all the legends and then him and the other kids running on the field to open the game up was absolute genius though!

Reactions: gw2kpro
Don't care much for that yellow-tinged, silightly carbonated water anyway.

I may be in the minority, but in my opinion half-time show was at least entertaining after the string of woke half time shows we've had. Don't know the songs, couldn't really hear the lyrics (I'm told much was in Spanish, so I feel better that it wasn't just my hearing going), not my kind of music, but what's not to like about a little hip shake?

It was a skank fest. Neither of those ladies needs to resort to that either, both are solid entertainers with good voices, and they make a conscience decision to look like they just came from an S&M party and didn't have time to change.

I thought the in your face political correctness was disgusting. We were to celebrate these great rich old white women who own NFL teams. Maybe if they were self made women and not just the widow of some insanely rich dude I would feel the em

Dingle, as things there progress if you can share somehow I’d be interested to see how things come out.
Have to have farmers and have to give them chances for success for the nation. Curious how things come out.
Its a similar process being played out in counties across the country when formerly agrarian communities get larger and the more urban voters outnumber the farm community voters. From what I've read, this one is a little different in that some very small farm families and acreage owners have allied with the Sierra Club types. It's a difficult topic and I cringe when some people on here talk crap about Iowa's hog barns. I wouldn't want to live next to a large open cattle feedlot, but the demonization of CAFOs (confined animal feeding operations) isn't right either. Small family livestock operations have almost disappeared from my area due to zoning and economic pressures from not being able to get big enough to compete.

Last edited:
There shouldnt be any political ads during this game for either party. Also Steyer and Bloomberg should be forced to have a matching funds situation where every dollar they spend on an ad a dollar should be spent on helping the homeless or some sort of veterans fund. Those arent close to being in the mix for President so this throwing money away for a vanity run is extremely wasteful .

Definitely a downward trend in commercials the last few years. I think businesses finally realized they weren't worth the investment. On the other hand, I thought that for once in I can't even remember how long, the pre-game was actually interesting. I liked the tributes to a lot of the old players, the Johnny Cash bit, etc.
Fox did it well

I liked Cheetos/MC Hammer, Google and Bill Murray (whatever he was selling). The rest of them were marketing departments wasting a bunch of money, IMO. Apparently electric cars will be a thing soon.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I certainly don’t have the disposable income for most of the car brands promoted. Porsche, Volvo, the high end Genesis/Hyundai. Guess I won’t be trading in the Honda this year, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT