ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian should start rest of the way...

I was really disappointed in how McCaffrey played Saturday, but I'm not sure it was cold, hard evidence that he can never succeed as the Huskers' QB.

Hell, Noah Vedral single-handedly gifted Illinois the game just one week ago. Then he came back and had a nice game against Michigan, and you would think he had earned an invitation to the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

He sure didn’t look like a D1 QB to me. Having said that, I know Milton fumbled the ball six times in his first start at UCF.

From seeing just the box score I was pretty sure that LM at qb is a failed experiment and that AM will be back for you guys. But I just finished watching 15 minutes of highlights from your game against IL. Honestly, as an Iowa fan I would rather not have to face LM. I see an excellent ball carrier who can additionally extend plays on passing downs to an extent that gives defenses fits. His downfall appears to be the long ball. I suspect that SF gives LM another chance but gets rid of 30+ yard pass plays.

I've seen your posts about Wan'Dale. I wonder how many 5'9" guys who run 4.6 will be drafted this year? He's a good player here, and I think he'll stay.

Saturday, we saw 3 terrible drops. Another hit Wan'Dale in both hands, though it would've been a tough catch. Two would've converted 1st downs. We've had the same receiver drop 2 passes in the end zone this year. Quarterback play needs to improve, but they've got to convert when given the chance.

I don't think W is an NFL prospect either - but W's camp does and he was told his talents would be highlighted (as a WR not RB) by Frost and Held before his original commitment and last year when he almost transferred -

the point is Neb could have the next Jerry Rice - Noah Fant, George Kittle or Dallas Clark on the roster and no one would know - which is why I inquired about Fidone -- did he play any defense in high school?

I don't think W is an NFL prospect either - but W's camp does and he was told his talents would be highlighted (as a WR not RB) by Frost and Held before his original commitment and last year when he almost transferred -

the point is Neb could have the next Jerry Rice - Noah Fant, George Kittle or Dallas Clark on the roster and no one would know - which is why I inquired about Fidone -- did he play any defense in high school?
You have no clue what was said between Wandale’s family and our coaching staff. Literally no one on this boards takes a single thing you say seriously.

ha nobody knew iowa had those 3, either!

all great examples that production in college matters a lot less to next level scouts than most would like to think.

bad as it's been, Wan'Dale still ranks 15th in the conference in catches this year, and has more total touches than any B1G WR.

Reactions: headcard
I think we struck out this year on all the guys we wanted. We have got to land our top choice the next recruiting year, whoever that might be.
That's a losers mentality if I've heard one. We got Adrian at the end of December. There's got to be someone out there. We don't have the luxury of waiting another year.

Reactions: headcard
Here's how opposing QB's have done against Illinois so far this year:

Wisconsin: 20/21, 248 yards, 5 TD, 0 INT
Purdue: 29/35, 371 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
Minnesota: 17/27, 216 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
Rutgers: 21/34, 256 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT (Noah Vedral)

McCaffrey on Saturday: 15/26, 134 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT

Martinez last year: 22/34, 328 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT

How does anybody who watched that game think that Luke McCaffrey is a legitimate option as a passing QB at the power 5 level? He's a freak athlete, but he's gotta be moved to RB/WR next year. He's incapable of dropping back and completing passes form the pocket, even against one of the worst pass defenses in the power 5. We've all seen the issues with Martinez, but at least he gives us a chance at a balanced offense.

This raging pillow fight about who is the less terrible QB makes me think of the past

Who do you think was the better QB

Ryan Goodman or Curt Dukes
Mike Grant or Mickey Joseph

If the focus needs to be on passing and extensive high level high school experience, maybe take another run at Husker legacy 2021 recruit Jake Garcia.

Reactions: shocksker

How does anybody who watched that game think that Luke McCaffrey is a legitimate option as a passing QB at the power 5 level? He's a freak athlete, but he's gotta be moved to RB/WR next year. He's incapable of dropping back and completing passes form the pocket, even against one of the worst pass defenses in the power 5. We've all seen the issues with Martinez, but at least he gives us a chance at a balanced offense.

Benching the leading passer and rusher on this team might not be the answer ... but then when I look at your logic, well, it's persuasive.

This raging pillow fight about who is the less terrible QB makes me think of the past

At least in those days they knew the over/under on pass attempts should be about 9.5 when you have a guy who doesn't throw worth a crap.

You'd think Scott of all people would understand how games can be won with a QB who isn't a pro prospect with his arm.

It continues to baffle me that NU makes so few attempts to stress the edge of the defense in the run game when they have no threat in the pass game. We ran ONE jet sweep to Betts and he housed it. Maybe try it another time in the rest of that game or the next one? Wisconsin would tell you if it burned them once it just might keep working.

Reactions: head2383

Here is your answer 😤

He's still better than Amart.
[/QUOT
No, he is not. 2AM at least has the confidence to throw downfield. He has a much better Arm. Accuracy doesn't matter if velocity is that bad. Luke literally has D2 arm strength. He just cany consistently spin it.

Amart is worse than Luke. He's got a better arm, but he's handicapped by what's between his ears. He's had his chance and for two plus years he can't even win .500 games. Our goal should be to win games. Amart just can't do it.

I think Luke is part of the future for sure. I just don't think it should be the future of the starting QB spot. He's smart, tough, and athletic and an instinctive runner. He just isn't an instinctive passer right now. Maybe that changes, maybe it doesn't. But he can help this team in a variety of ways.

I think Luke is part of the future for sure. I just don't think it should be the future of the starting QB spot. He's smart, tough, and athletic and an instinctive runner. He just isn't an instinctive passer right now. Maybe that changes, maybe it doesn't. But he can help this team in a variety of ways.
well, his passing definitely won't improve if he's no longer playing QB.

just like our record won't improve if AM is still starting.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
AM needs to start Friday. He can force it down the field better than LM. Iowa will load the box like last night knowing LM can’t even threat to stretch the field. You could read Iowa DC’s lips that Levi’s couldnt beat em with his arm. Defending LM yesterday our OL sucked bad, he had NO time to try to find wide open receivers.
Robert smith said on the tv broadcast that LM was slow with his reads and waited too long to throw the ball. How can you expect a kid who played high school qb one year to be a BIG qb especially in year two of Div 1. Makes no sense.

well, his passing definitely won't improve if he's no longer playing QB.

just like our record won't improve if AM is still starting.
It doesn't need to. He needs to be catching the ball. I don't care if I ever see him under center again. Hell Lord and Armstrong were just as capable of missing a wide open receiver 10 yards out of bounds.

At least in those days they knew the over/under on pass attempts should be about 9.5 when you have a guy who doesn't throw worth a crap.

You'd think Scott of all people would understand how games can be won with a QB who isn't a pro prospect with his arm.

It continues to baffle me that NU makes so few attempts to stress the edge of the defense in the run game when they have no threat in the pass game. We ran ONE jet sweep to Betts and he housed it. Maybe try it another time in the rest of that game or the next one? Wisconsin would tell you if it burned them once it just might keep working.
Hell I was pumped when Scott was running the ball well in Q1... and then we never go back to him the rest of the game. At least with any rhythm. We’re in such a hurry to get to 3rd and 11. Can’t stomach 2nd and 5

Reactions: BleedRed78
Amart is worse than Luke. He's got a better arm, but he's handicapped by what's between his ears. He's had his chance and for two plus years he can't even win .500 games. Our goal should be to win games. Amart just can't do it.
I have more compassion for AMart than many dismissive fans on this board. He has only played on crappy transitional teams with horrid play calling and a center who snaps the ball for the circus, and a suspect OLine every year. No dependable run game, at least one his coach would utilize in rhythm, and his favorite target left to warm the bench at tcu.
One thing about Luke’s passing that I DO like... he uses the TEs well. When he’s not getting them murdered

Wouldn’t it be kind of odd to replace McCaffrey after one bad game?

not when everyone including the opposition that you just sit back and dare him to throw it so you can pick it off. They will sit on those screens and 5-10yders because he doesn't have the arm to take them deep

2nd start of his career and you expect him to be joe montana

AM has started 20+ games, each worse than the last
he has weaker arm than Montana and he wasn't known for arm strength. For the record LM is no Joe Montana.......ever

I have more compassion for AMart than many dismissive fans on this board. He has only played on crappy transitional teams with horrid play calling and a center who snaps the ball for the circus, and a suspect OLine every year. No dependable run game, at least one his coach would utilize in rhythm, and his favorite target left to warm the bench at tcu.
One thing about Luke’s passing that I DO like... he uses the TEs well. When he’s not getting them murdered

For once, I want Coach Frost to do what it takes to win games. Sometimes that means playing other people. That's what we're doing. Frost has to decide what will work with Luke and what won't. The whole team stunk, not just Luke. This is on Frost.

Reactions: BleedRed78

John Fing Rambo thinks so.......roflmao

Doesn’t matter who starts, Frost’s system isn’t working. That’s it. Call it what it is. I’m thrilled Frost is here, but if we look like a group of YMCA thirteen year olds after three years does anyone really expect anything different next year? Whatever, my money is on Iowa and it doesn’t bother me because I’ve come to grips with reality.

Doesn’t matter who starts, Frost’s system isn’t working. That’s it. Call it what it is. I’m thrilled Frost is here, but if we look like a group of YMCA thirteen year olds after three years does anyone really expect anything different next year? Whatever, my money is on Iowa and it doesn’t bother me because I’ve come to grips with reality.
so when receivers are running wide open for touchdowns, Frost's system is the problem?

John Fing Rambo thinks so.......roflmao
he is, statistically, a superior passer to martinez during his time at NU by every metric not influenced by volume.

that's indisputable, and includes his stinker on saturday. I never said he's a good D1 passer. I absolutely say AM is not. we have enough evidence of that to fill your gaping cornhole.

you can rofl all you want, you're still wrong. thanks for playing, though.

I've seen your posts about Wan'Dale. I wonder how many 5'9" guys who run 4.6 will be drafted this year? He's a good player here, and I think he'll stay.

Saturday, we saw 3 terrible drops. Another hit Wan'Dale in both hands, though it would've been a tough catch. Two would've converted 1st downs. We've had the same receiver drop 2 passes in the end zone this year. Quarterback play needs to improve, but they've got to convert when given the chance.

Don’t forget the terrible fumble as well.

ADVERTISEMENT