ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian should start rest of the way...

At this point in time, with as young as our line is, we would be better off scrapping the RPO altogether and stick with zone reads and play action passes like what Beck did.
Hell Frost dusted off the old I formation option game for OSU last (?) year. I would rather lose games getting stuffed with that than what I'm seeing. I get it. He wants to run his system and he knows it works great with the right QB. I just doesn't appear that Adrain or Luke are the right trigger guys. I will say this though, Luke has NOT had nearly enough time for us to discount his chances of being effective in Frost's offense.

Hell Frost dusted off the old I formation option game for OSU last (?) year. I would rather lose games getting stuffed with that than what I'm seeing. I get it. He wants to run his system and he knows it works great with the right QB. I just doesn't appear that Adrain or Luke are the right trigger guys. I will say this though, Luke has NOT had nearly enough time for us to discount his chances of being effective in Frost's offense.
Adrian ran the RPO pretty effectively his freshman year. That probably had a lot to do with Farmer, Foster, Morgan, and Spielman but Martinez wasn't a weak link in that part of the game.

Adrian ran the RPO pretty effectively his freshman year. That probably had a lot to do with Farmer, Foster, Morgan, and Spielman but Martinez wasn't a weak link in that part of the game.
He put up some yards but man he made a LOT of bad decisions in the zone read option game and passing game. He was playing street ball which worked with Morgan and that line.

If people would go back to the OSU game and look to see when our offense worked the best. It was when AM was QB and LM was lined up either next to him or our wide. Go back to this. Add in Wandale and Betts and it could work really well. But Frost isnt snart enough to say "hey that really worked against one of the best defenses in the country, lets keep doing that."

Reactions: BleedRed78
I wonder if Luke would’ve started vs PSU if our fan base hadn’t been so confident and vocal that AM needed benching and Luke was the 2nd coming of mackenzie Milton. As it turns out.... our fan base was wrong.

AM had 2 pedestrian games vs what turned out to be the 2 best teams in the B10, with a bevvy of crap walk-on receivers.
I think AM gives us our best chance to succeed. And if it were an option that wouldn’t cause him to transfer Luke would be an amazing weapon at WR
No doubt about it. AM at least has the skillset to operate what SF wants to do. What we’ve discovered in the past 2 weeks is that LM doesn’t. He’d be a hell of a slot back/receiver...great athlete. But unless we switch back to the option, LM shouldn’t be a starting QB at Neb.

all you losers have the worst Stockholm syndrome I've ever seen.

AM's best ever season of his life resulted in 4 wins, and we all agree he's no longer even that guy.

he is who he is. Luke at least could potentially improve.

If you can't hit the deep corner against cover 2, you shouldn't be a Division 1 college QB. If defenses can just sit in a cover 2 every play and you can't exploit that defenses major weakness you aren't going to win many games. Not saying AM is that good at it either. Luke was horrid. We had guys running wide open all day and he could not see them and couldn't get the ball to them in time or on target when he did see them.

I think it depends since we don't watch practice. If Luke goes through his reads and throws beautiful spirals down the field in practice maybe he is having nerves problems in the games and the game is fast for him right now. If that is the case, Frost might want to stick with him hoping the light goes on. If he makes the same questionable decisions and throws ducks in practice, definitely go with 2AM and put Luke at hybrid at least until the end of this year.
If Luke was throwing 40 yard dimes in practice there would have been no controversy. He doesn't. He flat out does not have a D1 arm.

We are a fickle bunch, aren't we? I'm still saying, whomever you start, 2 drives with no points gets you benched. 2 drives with no points for the other guy, and you're back in.
What's the point in that? We already know McCaffrey is not a better qb than Adrian. We also know that McCaffrey is our best athlete. It does us no good if LM is sitting on the bench as a backup qb. Get him on the field as WR or RB and help take the pressure off AM.

That's another thing. Let's get rid of the RPO. Some of our guys don't even know how to line up properly. How the heck are you going to run something that requires all 11 guys to not only know what the defense is in, but also know how to adjust their assignment based on that? It causes way too much overthinking and guys not knowing what the heck they're doing.

True but a great athlete,a seemingly great kid/leader...needs to see the field but if not in the Wildcat, it shouldn’t be at QB.
Team is full of great kids and great athletes. If he is a slot let him practice there and EARN it. Betts is a great kid and a great athlete, they are struggling to get him the ball too. That list is growing weekly too. Until the coach stops spending 90% of his energy on 4% of his team we are what that record says.

Reactions: Rick.Shaw
Either recruit QBs that throw better than they run, or run the option, maybe even the wishbone. What we have right now is an offense that is hamstrung by its own deficiencies. Adrian Martinez is a better thrower, McCaffrey is a better runner. McCaffrey should be used as a running back/receiver unless we are truly not seeing his actual throwing ability due to nerves and poor OL play.

AMart got a raw deal. Going up against the two best teams in the Big 10 armed with a group of receivers that would ride the pine at UNK, and Oline like a sieve.
AM is a horrible passer and all the teams know it. He's also been given more than a fair shot, and still is under 50% in winning games. Kid is not a competitive type, and you need that at QB. Luke is at least competitive and doesn't seem prone to self confidence issues like AM.

Just fire the guy responsible.. Frost

I think you're all crazy for wanting to keep him around.

The program will sink just that much further.

He's too stubborn to change anything in a meaningful way..

What a freaking embarrassment the whole program is.

• Haha
Reactions: jbskers
No doubt about it. AM at least has the skillset to operate what SF wants to do. What we’ve discovered in the past 2 weeks is that LM doesn’t. He’d be a hell of a slot back/receiver...great athlete. But unless we switch back to the option, LM shouldn’t be a starting QB at Neb.
I war personally hoping doing so would force this...

If you can't hit the deep corner against cover 2, you shouldn't be a Division 1 college QB. If defenses can just sit in a cover 2 every play and you can't exploit that defenses major weakness you aren't going to win many games. Not saying AM is that good at it either. Luke was horrid. We had guys running wide open all day and he could not see them and couldn't get the ball to them in time or on target when he did see them.
2nd start of his career and you expect him to be joe montana

AM has started 20+ games, each worse than the last

AM is a horrible passer and all the teams know it. He's also been given more than a fair shot, and still is under 50% in winning games. Kid is not a competitive type, and you need that at QB. Luke is at least competitive and doesn't seem prone to self confidence issues like AM.

Just fire the guy responsible.. Frost

I think you're all crazy for wanting to keep him around.

The program will sink just that much further.

He's too stubborn to change anything in a meaningful way..

What a freaking embarrassment the whole program is.
AM is not a good passer, and yet he is many times better at passing than Luke. Plus AM is an above average runner. Seems like a simple decision to me.

AM is not a good passer, and yet he is many times better at passing than Luke. Plus AM is an above average runner. Seems like a simple decision to me.
some stats:

LM: 64.7 completion %, 6.4 yards/attempt, 1 TD
AM (many times better at passing): 58.7 completion %, 5.8 yards/attempt, 1 TD (in garbage time vs Illini)

there's no more willfully ignorant group on Earth than the 'AM is a better passer' group

I wonder if Luke would’ve started vs PSU if our fan base hadn’t been so confident and vocal that AM needed benching and Luke was the 2nd coming of mackenzie Milton. As it turns out.... our fan base was wrong.

AM had 2 pedestrian games vs what turned out to be the 2 best teams in the B10, with a bevvy of crap walk-on receivers.
I think AM gives us our best chance to succeed. And if it were an option that wouldn’t cause him to transfer Luke would be an amazing weapon at WR
I think this is pretty spot on. The search for answers continues ...

some stats:

LM: 64.7 completion %, 6.4 yards/attempt, 1 TD
AM (many times better at passing): 58.7 completion %, 5.8 yards/attempt, 1 TD (in garbage time vs Illini)

there's no more willfully ignorant group on Earth than the 'AM is a better passer' group
How many times did Luke elect not to throw the ball and eat a sack or run for minimal or meaningless yards? Luke was scared to throw it to wide open side line receivers vs cover 2. and that’s isn’t shown as an attempt in your sample size.

also I can’t get over how many people on this site revert to name calling total total strangers on here. Just disagree, and leave statements on others intellect or otherwise out of it. Makes your argument weak and your tone “troll like”. Also ruins this board.

How many times did Luke elect not to throw the ball and eat a sack or run for minimal or meaningless yards? Luke was scared to throw it to wide open side line receivers vs cover 2. and that’s isn’t shown as an attempt in your sample size.

also I can’t get over how many people on this site revert to name calling total total strangers on here. Just disagree, and leave statements on others intellect or otherwise out of it. Makes your argument weak and your tone “troll like”. Also ruins this board.
All of this is true, and yet he has still produced better stats. What’s also true is there are 4 miserable drops included that go down as incompletions.

ignoring AM’s results over the past 2 years and proclaiming him something the stats show he’s not is, in fact, willfully ignorant.

All of this is true, and yet he has still produced better stats. What’s also true is there are 4 miserable drops included that go down as incompletions.

ignoring AM’s results over the past 2 years and proclaiming him something the stats show he’s not is, in fact, willfully ignorant.
If you have Betts open 25 yards down field, who do you want throwing it? Luke? or Adrian?

If you have Betts open 25 yards down field, who do you want throwing it? Luke? or Adrian?
Luke

Let me put it another way. Because of the self confidence problems last year that filtered through the whole team, I don't even want AM on the team. That is how done I am with that kid as a football player.

If something else is the source of that problem and I am wrong, then whatever the root of it is, I want it out of the program. Including if that is Scott himself.

You can't have a non-competitive person running the offense. Just think about that for a bit. This is competitive sports and the most important position on the team.

Where are the alpha players? Where are the alpha coaches?

Get the weak sauce out of the program.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
The offense needs to morph into heavy run sets

any idea of what type of blocker Fidone is? Will Neb utilize him as a run blocking TE or just simply bulk him up and put him on the offensive line - can he snap the ball?

Might be able to help on defense as well

Luke. He's completed many more of those passes than has Adrian during the past two seasons.

he looked like a kid making his second career start on saturday. adrian's looked consistently more lost in each of his 20+ starts here. it's a no-brainer.

Reactions: NikkiSixx
The offense needs to morph into heavy run sets

any idea of what type of blocker Fidone is? Will Neb utilize him as a run blocking TE or just simply bulk him up and put him on the offensive line - can he snap the ball?

Might be able to help on defense as well
I disagree.

it'll be nice to see someone who can actually run and catch on the receiving end of passes next year and beyond instead of brick-handed austin allen.

I disagree.

it'll be nice to see someone who can actually run and catch on the receiving end of passes next year and beyond instead of brick-handed austin allen.

the ball has to be within a country mile of the receiver before they can catch it

Neb doesn’t have a QB on the roster that is going to allow any receiver to showcase their talents

wandale’s talents are being flushed along with any draft prospects he might have had

I suppose Fidone could run routes as decoys for QB draws

Last edited:
the ball has to be within a country mile of the receiver before th can catch it

Neb doesn’t have a QB on the roster that is going to allow any receiver to showcase their talents

wandale’s talents are being flushed along with any draft prospects he might have had

Go Away!

the ball has to be within a country mile of the receiver before th can catch it

I've seen your posts about Wan'Dale. I wonder how many 5'9" guys who run 4.6 will be drafted this year? He's a good player here, and I think he'll stay.

Saturday, we saw 3 terrible drops. Another hit Wan'Dale in both hands, though it would've been a tough catch. Two would've converted 1st downs. We've had the same receiver drop 2 passes in the end zone this year. Quarterback play needs to improve, but they've got to convert when given the chance.

the ball has to be within a country mile of the receiver before they can catch it

You can cut out the act. Those guys are not on here reading your nonsense.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I was really disappointed in how McCaffrey played Saturday, but I'm not sure it was cold, hard evidence that he can never succeed as the Huskers' QB.

Hell, Noah Vedral single-handedly gifted Illinois the game just one week ago. Then he came back and had a nice game against Michigan, and you would think he had earned an invitation to the Heisman Trophy ceremony.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT