ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian Rumor

I recall Coach Frost saying that practice was “better” on Thursday kind of implying that Monday through Wednesday were not up to par. I’ll look it up and link it when I’ve got some time this evening (I’m on the West coast).
Thursday is just a walk through so by saying better, it basically meant we didn't do much but the not much was better.
I don’t think he was sick. I think that is revisionist nonsense from koolaid drinkers. He played like crap pure and simple. Then, after the game we get the usual “athlete speak” where he says he let the team down but will do better.

And personally, I find it highly annoying for Frost to tell us he had a bad week of practice. So why did he not say that last week? Why the endless drivel coming out of Fall camp about how improved we were at every position? Why the constant lies and sunshine pumping? Our offensive line played like absolute dogshit against a very, very, very bad football team. Did they have a bad week of practice too?

I still think we will have a great season. I think we will beat CU handily.

But I wish the players and coaches would just shut their f&cking pie holes and cut the crap. Make your statement on the field of play or stfu.
Frost did say they had a crap week...basically every practice of consequence was very poor and then the walk through was o.k...he said he thought it had to do with a break in routine.

Why would you venture our offense should be great....

1. Our #1 rb has had criminal charges against him for months
2. Our #2 rb has his own criminal issues and hasn't stuck anywhere, and he got here a month ago
3. Our only decent center hasn't played the position and has been injured
4. Our #2 Wr is injured and has fallen off the face of the earth
5. None of our 2 deep on the offensive line are particularly proven
6. Our starting qb is 19, has only played in 11 games since his junior year in HS...and is 4-7...with wins against Illinois and Minnesota..at home.
7. We are relying heavily on a true freshman scat back to carry the load. Yikes!

So leadership is really poor on that side of the ball....we are very young, inexperienced, but extremely high expectations..meaning Frosty isn't limiting the offense to match the reality. This looks certainly like "gets worse before it gets better scenario". Hopefully we can win some close games and get to 8 or 9 wins this year so it looks like a success...remember national perception is more important than reality.

Reactions: Bruce1981
I don’t think he was sick. I think that is revisionist nonsense from koolaid drinkers. He played like crap pure and simple. Then, after the game we get the usual “athlete speak” where he says he let the team down but will do better.

And personally, I find it highly annoying for Frost to tell us he had a bad week of practice. So why did he not say that last week? Why the endless drivel coming out of Fall camp about how improved we were at every position? Why the constant lies and sunshine pumping? Our offensive line played like absolute dogshit against a very, very, very bad football team. Did they have a bad week of practice too?

But I wish the players and coaches would just shut their f&cking pie holes and cut the crap. Make your statement on the field of play or stfu.
Yes, We are Nebraska, there is no need to sing false praises by the coaches and players at this point. Us fans have always been around and will always be around. We will support the team no matter what as we always have. Would be nice to hear some honesty on what is really going on good and bad.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
I have a friend who's dad played in the NFL and he said he pooped his pants during a game once because he had the flu. He went to the locker room and changed.
I wonder if he graded out better that day with his blocking. Everyone he came close to might want to just get away from him

I covered college football in Florida. Football players sweat there just standing around.

Yet the chance of dehydration from the flu will be greater playing basketball. You perspire more when active than standing there

Careful, or I'll have to defend you from the name-calling-board-bullies with my internet sword.

Watch a video of the locker room at halftime, someone clearly had an IV going in the vid.

Yet the chance of dehydration from the flu will be greater playing basketball. You perspire more when active than standing there
I played football, basketball and baseball, (football in college). In the summer months you absolutely sweat more playing football. Basketball is inside with no sun beating down on you. There is a reason that a lot of football players cramp early in the season during afternoon games.

Amen and amen!

I played football, basketball and baseball, (football in college). In the summer months you absolutely sweat more playing football. Basketball is inside with no sun beating down on you. There is a reason that a lot of football players cramp early in the season during afternoon games.

And yet football is played during the fall the majority of the season.

Rumor has been floating around that he had flu-like symptoms all last week.
Obviously cannot confirm but I did wonder during the game whether he was injured.
Please lets not start making up crappy reason why they sucked dick!!! maybe our oline had flu like too..Please lets stop using pussy ass reasons for there poor showing.

They even said they had a poor week of getting ready for the game ,after the game,which wasnt reported on this sunshine pumping site..Funny the coaches said all week they had a good week of practise,or so we heard on here from our great staff.. So i find it funny now we hear some piss poor story ,that is different then what they said last week and now this rumor ..lol

I feel like AM was just playing to conservative and in his mind he thinking the team could manhandle south Alabama without him having to be a huge part of the run game. Maybe he thought back to last year where he got injured in his first game and was playing a little timid so he would get through the game and be ready for Colorado.

Maybe the whole offense thought we could roll the ball out there and south Alabama would lay down and take a beating. Who knows. Anyway on to the next one.

Please lets not start making up crappy reason why they sucked dick!!! maybe our oline had flu like too..Please lets stop using pussy ass reasons for there poor showing.

They even said they had a poor week of getting ready for the game ,after the game,which wasnt reported on this sunshine pumping site..Funny the coaches said all week they had a good week of practise,or so we heard on here from our great staff.. So i find it funny now we hear some piss poor story ,that is different then what they said last week and now this rumor ..lol
Do you have a reading comprehension problem? I suggest you reread the thread and familiarize yourself with the dozen or so posts from different people, as well as posted links, who have said the coaches last week said they kind of had a lousy week of practice, not a ‘good week’ as you suggest in your post.

To your initial thought, I have no problem saying it’s disingenuous to say AM was sick just to save face. But the rest of your post tells me either you don’t read this board or you don’t follow husker football closely.

So does AM usually switch to jersey 76 for halftime?

6wdJBt8.png

The thought that sprang into my mind when I re-watched was that Adrian looked like he's been wearing a non-contact jersey for a long time. Frost's comment about him need to "run like an I-back" reflect that.

Looked like a dude who hasn't taken live hits in months and has to get that aggression back in the run game. Just overall looked like he was trying to do too much, didn't look like he was in relax and attack mode.

The thought that sprang into my mind when I re-watched was that Adrian looked like he's been wearing a non-contact jersey for a long time. Frost's comment about him need to "run like an I-back" reflect that.

Looked like a dude who hasn't taken live hits in months and has to get that aggression back in the run game. Just overall looked like he was trying to do too much, didn't look like he was in relax and attack mode.

Agree .. he left 2-3 yards on the field with many of his runs by running laterally or attempting to “juke” defenders.

Cam's snapping? fixable
Weird game flow? the USA game is over
Not taking opponent seriously? fixable
Opponent takes not predicted angle to their defensive game prep? on the coaches to adjust
Sick kids? They'll feel better by the CU game.
The offense operated in fits and starts last year as well. It definitely operates on rhythm. When things are hitting and the kids are playing with few mistakes, NU can score a lot of points. If not, the defense is playing scoreboard goalie.
I'm not a film guy, but the clips I've seen posted show a lot of missed opportunities for the offense.

Agree .. he left 2-3 yards on the field with many of his runs by running laterally or attempting to “juke” defenders.

Or waited entirely too long to take off, instead letting the pocket collapse. He just looked like a 19 year old, uncomfortable.

I will say, USA had some fast defenders. Or we made them look fast Eek

Michael Jordan once had 38 pts, 7 rebounds and 5 assists in a decisive NBA playoff game, all while having the flu. No excuses

Not just the playoffs but game 7 of the finals. Bulls don’t win without him.

I always have played sports better when I’m sick. Much more read react. Way less overthinking

Oh yea that's an IV. I see a second one in the background. Hopefully we were playing with the flu.
Never thought we would have to worry about the flu taking our team out in Aug, but it is going around. Im sure in a team environment is spreads like wild fire.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT