ADVERTISEMENT

Adrian M

9 AM is still the starting quarterback for the Kansas State Wildcats. It’s just taking him a couple of games to get the Nebraska stink off of him. He has zero turnovers, but is being uber cautious and won’t cut it loose. Allegedly going through the progressions and ignoring open receivers downfield and settling for the safer underneath routes. There’s been a lot of blame going around, offensive coordinator being to vanilla and conservative with over emphasis on no mistakes instead of just playing the game & throwing the ball down the field or our wide receivers unable to get separation and being undersized. First year offensive coordinator, Colin Klein. Hopefully they get it together by Saturday when we go to Oklahoma.
You need to read previous posts and criticisms of AM from here... Hello Kettle, meet Pot.
What you saw Saturday is the same as the past 4 yrs at NU. What you will see from AM the rest of the year is what you saw on Saturday. AM has a 5 cent head.

I’m not going to bash AM or any of our former players. I think AM was placed in an impossible situation coming out of HS not having played his senior year, given the starting spot without needing to compete and placed in one of the worst pressure cookers in college football.

Whether or not he has the talent, his coaches kept him out there, many times hurt. I’m not sure how much the staff supported him from hearing his antics around campus, shrug.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him do well. People were talking about Heisman’s and when he would turn pro that first year. 😁

No, no, no, K-State has a terrible offensive line and so did we. No one can expect Adrian to operate under those conditions
That is not true. NU has an awful OL, KSU is much better than we are but not necessarily great. Just look at their leading rusher

That is not true. NU has an awful OL, KSU is much better than we are but not necessarily great. Just look at their leading rusher
O Line looked pretty pedestrian against Tulane. Horrible 1st down conversion rate on third down and forth down. Course, they were stack in the box without any vertical threat from our wide receivers. Doubts are starting to creep in.

Reactions: Bold Words
Good for AMs feet. His brain or arm sure as hell couldn’t do it.

Hearing he’s been benched. Won’t throw downfield and not listening. Actually feel bad for him as I our coaching staff ruined him.
Adrian Martinez was benched at KSU? Hmmm...who was the QB wearing #9 that had 382 yards of offense and 5 touchdowns at Oklahoma? I checked KSU's roster and Adrian Martinez is the only person listed as QB that wears #9. Who are your sources?

I watched the game. AM was very impressive. It sure looks like he made a good move. It's not worth debating, but we are probably 3 and 1 if he stays at Nebraska.
Lol, no. Unless he could excel at every single position on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT