ADVERTISEMENT

Adidas

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Speaking of our Basketball uniforms yesterday, I noticed today that every school that has Adidas is wearing the same design of uniforms with their school logo or emblem on the right side of their trunks.

Must be wearing them for the conference tournments.

This post was edited on 3/12 4:13 PM by scarletred

The day Nebraska drops Adidas will be a great day. This laziness reflects poorly on every team they sponsor, it hurts the school's ability to create a good brand.

I've watched a lot of basketball over the last couple days. I can't recall which team it was......sad, but true....but they also had the solid red atop their trunks like our guys had. It also was ugly. Chances are they were an Adidas school with that same kind of design. Yeah. Getting rid of Adidas wouldn't be a bad thing.
This post was edited on 3/12 4:44 PM by BetterRed

Originally posted by TheNewNU:
The day Nebraska drops Adidas will be a great day. This laziness reflects poorly on every team they sponsor, it hurts the school's ability to create a good brand.
Yep. Damn you Adidas for destroying our brand! I never buy any Husker gear now because our brand is shot. And I bet if we were wearing Nike, we would have been able to stop Gordon from going over 400 yards this year and would be playing Iowa today instead of going home. Damn you Adidas!

This post was edited on 3/12 5:00 PM by huskerbux

Originally posted by huskerbux:
Yep. Damn you Adidas for destroying our brand! I never buy any Husker gear now because our brand is shot. And I bet if we were wearing Nike, we would have been able to stop Gordon from going over 400 yards this year and would be playing Iowa today instead of going home. Damn you Adidas!

You can laugh all you want to but think about how many kids around here you see wearing Oregon gear when they have never even been to Oregon, that is called building a brand, that kind of stuff matters to recruits. Of course Nebraska fans will wear Nebraska gear, but casual fans of college football don't, they buy the stuff that looks good, and that means something. Does it affect how we play on the field? No. But it definitely affects how fans and more importantly, recruits see your school.

You can laugh all you want to but think about how many kids around here you see wearing Oregon gear when they have never even been to Oregon, that is called building a brand, that kind of stuff matters to recruits. Of course Nebraska fans will wear Nebraska gear, but casual fans of college football don't, they buy the stuff that looks good, and that means something. Does it affect how we play on the field? No. But it definitely affects how fans and more importantly, recruits see your school.
Yep. And if you think it doesn't matter to recruits, think again. I know several friends who have commented on such things when it came to choosing a school.

Well if we're going to argue Adidas or Nike...Hell I take Under Armour over both any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

You can laugh all you want to but think about
how many kids around here you see wearing Oregon gear when they have
never even been to Oregon, that is called building a brand, that kind of
stuff matters to recruits.

You are crazy if you think Uncle Phil is going to give Nebraska the same good stuff that he gives his baby, the Ducks.

I agree. Used to love Adidas, but over the past couple of years their "creativity" has been ridiculous. As much as I hate to say it, I'm ready for NU to make the jump to Nike.

remember adidas new hiring:
3dgrin.r191677.gif

The three designers Adidas hired away from Nike include:Mark Miner, also a frequent subject in sneaker blogs, is a footwear designer with experience in running, women's footwear and basketball. Among other projects, he is credited with key design contributions to the popular Nike Free Run+, making that shoe more flexible.
GRATEFUL for the past /// EXCITED for the future /// 3 brothers /// 3 dreamers /// 3 stripes /// pic.twitter.com/LVCA0lkNiP
[/QUOTE]

The Oregon gear you see around has more to do with the success of their team and them being on TV all the time. If they were a perennial bottom dweller of the Pac 12 and not in the top 10 year in and year out lately, you wouldn't be seeing their gear. Period. The Nebraska brand was hurt more by the last two regimes and the product on the field (and sideline) than the uniform style adidas puts out. And even without the championships we are still one of the top 15 (IIRC) brands in college football out there.
I can't see the University changing anything sifgnifacnt as far as uniforms, logos, style so I'm not sure what you are hoping to see if we suddenly change to Nike/UA.

Big 10 Tournment game both schools Wisconsin and Michigan wear Adidas playing right now uniform design exactly the same . Like I said the only Adidas school that hasn't worn these uniforms was Northwestern last night.

This post was edited on 3/13 12:28 PM by scarletred

Originally posted by ridge22:
Isn't Northwestern and Under Armour school?
I believe your right I think they changed this past season they were at one time an Adidas school.

Sorry I was wrong and forgot.

Adidas loves Soccer. Have always been a soccer first company, always will.

Plus all the young kids wear Nike still with Under Armour catching at an insane rate. My nephews dont wear any adidas really except if they want authentic Nebraska gear.

Im sure the athletic department got a great deal from Adidas, but that doesnt mean they arent a distant third to Nike and UA.

Even in one area I love, golf, Adidas SUCKS in apparel and footwear. Nike has been light years ahead for years with UA slowly trying to catch up a bit in apparel at least.

ADVERTISEMENT