ADVERTISEMENT

Adama Sanogo, our potential (Top 49 in the country) Center for 2021 class...

huskerssalts

Defensive Coordinator
Oct 6, 2014
Beatrice Nebraska

Sounds like he is having his virtual visit with the Huskers tomorrow and it’s really sounding like we may lock this guy up. Getting this young man and adding him to the roster along with Yvan is absolutely huge. We have plenty of talent and experience coming in at PG, SG and SF. We need some big boys like Sanogo. Go get em Matt and Fred. GBR

Last edited:

Sounds like he is having his virtual visit with the Huskers tomorrow and it’s really sounding like we may lock this guy up. Getting this young man and adding him to the roster along with Yvan is absolutely huge. We have plenty of talent and experience coming in at PG, SG and SF. We need some big boys like Sanogo. Go get em Matt and Fred. GBR
stats?

14.1 ppg and 8.7 rebounds/game.

Keep in mind he played with the #1 recruit in the country (Jonathan Kuminga), so he wasn't the focus of the offense. But he's a very good prospect, he dominated against IMG Academy when Kuminga was out with injury:

Yep, he definitely wasn’t the main guy on their team but he was most definitely a big part of the game plan. But can you imagine if we could pull in his teammate along with Adama Sanogo? Talk about program changers. I think we’d rock the BIG 10 with those two and what we have coming in. Dreaming there...but still

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/239077/adama-sanogo

This I love seeing. We always see a guy being ranked higher on Rivals and lower on 24/7 or ESPN or vise versa. Sanogo is 100 talent on ESPN, 24/7 and Rivals. He’s Top 49 on Rivals, Top 30 on ESPN and Top 66 on 24/7. Dudes a legit talent and the plus side it he’s a Center/PF. Man I hope we lock this young man down. We need players like him badly.

Last edited:
Yep, he definitely wasn’t the main guy on their team but he was most definitely a big part of the game plan. But can you imagine if we could pull in his teammate along with Adama Sanogo? Talk about program changers. I think we’d rock the BIG 10 with those two and what we have coming in. Dreaming there...but still

That's an awesome dream, but Nebraska basketball is never going to sign the #1 HS player in the country, even with a high profile coach like Fred.

Reactions: Huskerfan_99

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ke...ky-sports/uk-recruiting/article240484931.html

Older article, but interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: yunginsNU2
wow this young man was ranked as high as Top 30 ish or better at one time and slowly dropped to 130th over the months. Why has Rivals lost the mojo on him that much? And I’m guessing you’re trying to give us some hints?
He looks like a player who would fit Hoiberg’s system very well.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Breidenbach is an intriguing prospect, very skilled for his height....but he's SUPER skinny. Hard to see him playing much in the Big Ten until he puts on about 20-30 pounds of muscle. Seems like he could benefit from staying in high school one more year, or redshirting.

Sanogo is physically ready to contribute right away, but Breidenbach might be the better prospect in the long run.

Breidenbach is an intriguing prospect, very skilled for his height....but he's SUPER skinny. Hard to see him playing much in the Big Ten until he puts on about 20-30 pounds of muscle. Seems like he could benefit from staying in high school one more year, or redshirting.

Sanogo is physically ready to contribute right away, but Breidenbach might be the better prospect in the long run.
With both being 2021 guys, could we potentially take both?

With both being 2021 guys, could we potentially take both?

We only have one open scholarship right now, so someone else would have to transfer. I thought Arop might leave, because I don't see him getting any minutes next year. If he wants to play, he'd be better off at UNO.

We only have one open scholarship right now, so someone else would have to transfer. I thought Arop might leave, because I don't see him getting any minutes next year. If he wants to play, he'd be better off at UNO.
You are correct with this. If both reclassify, there is only room for one of them, even if there is more attraction. My guess is that the staff would take Breidenbach over Sanogo. If there is more attrition I think they want a sit out transfer.

LOL, when I first opened this thread I looked at his height/weight and thought, "he's a little long and lean to play center. Surprised he doesn't project better as a tackle or tight end."

Then I remembered some people care about Nebrasketball.

as we should. Us Husker fans have to start doing better with our basketball team too. We got a big time Head Coach and for this first time...well EVER...our Huskers basketball program has a chance to become winners and have the potential to be contenders in the BIG 10 championship every year.

Regardless of what one or two guys jokingly say on a message board, good fans are the ONE thing that Nebraska basketball has always had. Remarkable and speaks volumes about how little there is to do around here in the winter.

Man, if we can get Sanogo and Breidenbach both - someone else gotta go.

Reactions: headcard
Sanogo commits to UConn. Tough break, as it sounds like the staff thought they had him.

That's too bad, was hoping Hoiberg could land him.

UConn made a great move going back to the Big East, where they'll get a lot more TV exposure. They also have a solid coach - the Hurley brother who doesn't wet his pants from the opening tip to the final buzzer.

Reactions: bluenrg
Tough break. Still should have good size next year, and I'm looking forward to seeing progress from Yvan. I think he showed signs of becoming a really good rebounder late last year.

Should I be the first one to say it? Dude looked rough on the offensive end. No doubt would be a fierce defender and rebounder though. Good luck to him and BTHO Crayon.

On to Plan B. This kid looks like he'd be a great fit for Fred's system. He's 6'11, 240, but has a very nice-looking outside shot for his size.

It stings more when you realize Kenya Hunter is the assistant on UConns staff that probably got him to commit.

You really think he’s better than jurgens ?

Reactions: Crazyhole
On to Plan B. This kid looks like he'd be a great fit for Fred's system. He's 6'11, 240, but has a very nice-looking outside shot for his size.

I think I like his film better than Sanogo. His skill set matches Hoiberg better than AS.

BTW, it’s being discussed on RSS how UConn used an article written by the OWH against the Huskers in recruiting. I didn’t read it, but I guess that it was an article about how Hoiberg doesn’t play with a true center on offense and that is the what UConn told Sanogo. As of Thursday last week, Robin Washut was adamant that he was going to be a Husker and then something changed after that.

I had also read that every program in his final 4/6 thought they were going to get him. Makes you wonder if he was telling the coaches what they wanted to hear. I think his high school/club coach thought he was going to Seton Hall. Kind of a bizarre recruitment.

I think I like his film better than Sanogo. His skill set matches Hoiberg better than AS.

BTW, it’s being discussed on RSS how UConn used an article written by the OWH against the Huskers in recruiting. I didn’t read it, but I guess that it was an article about how Hoiberg doesn’t play with a true center on offense and that is the what UConn told Sanogo. As of Thursday last week, Robin Washut was adamant that he was going to be a Husker and then something changed after that.

I had also read that every program in his final 4/6 thought they were going to get him. Makes you wonder if he was telling the coaches what they wanted to hear. I think his high school/club coach thought he was going to Seton Hall. Kind of a bizarre recruitment.

Yeah, it's weird. Hoiberg was reportedly telling other recruits that we had a top big man coming in, and on the radio show he sounded like it was a done deal. But Sanogo's high school coach said he was going to Seton Hall. I doubt that the OWH article was the deciding factor, but I'm sure UConn used a lot of negative recruiting against us. Remember Kenya Hunter is an assistant there now, and Sanogo was unable to take a visit here to see Lincoln in person.

That would be wishful thinking. Kuminga is going to go to either a big dog or he’ll go into the G league.

ADVERTISEMENT