ADVERTISEMENT

About Satterfield...

TDLaww2020

Walk On
Dec 6, 2017
What stuck out for Rhule to take him in? Sure, he did well the last two games but otherwise I didn't see anything great out of him either. He wasn't well-liked by SC fans while he was there, so I'm skeptical of that hire...

Am I the only person who feels this way?

What stuck out for Rhule to take him in? Sure, he did well the last two games but otherwise I didn't see anything great out of him either. He wasn't well-liked by SC fans while he was there, so I'm skeptical of that hire...

He's coached previously with Rhule going back to 2005. It makes sense for new head coaches to bring in coaches they're familiar with. Rhule's got an 8 year contract so this upcoming season is all about setting the foundation and principles you believe in for his program. We'll see how it goes but I'm willing to be patient after 6 losing seasons in a row.

He only called plays at Temple. Do not think he called plays at Baylor. His ppg was 29.8 is not the most impressive but you have to factor that in 2015 for example he was in the top 10 for Time of Possession.

At least as Rhule's offensive coordinator he ran a lot of I-formation but still had a very good passing game. His first year at Temple was not super great but in 2014 and 2015 they moved more to a power-run game.

QB passing yards: 2973 (starter) 2015
RB: rushing yards 1200 (starter) 2015

I have watched most of the available games for 2015. There is a healthy mix of RPO and shotgun but a major emphasis on I formation.

They ranked 44th in Points per play.

He also loves the deep play action off of the I-formation.

So was his offense crappy at Temple? How about Baylor?

Just want to know from the analyst since I’m not one of those.

Edit: I see he was OC at Temple, not Baylor. The question still remains, was his offense crappy at Temple?
Any OC who can hang 50 on a playoff contender with Spencer Rattler as his QB is probably a pretty good OC

He's one of Rhule's guys, runs the type of offense he wants here. Runs power, RPO, straight drop. Looks comfortable in I-formation and in shotgun 4 wide. Should be a good compliment to a fast, physical defense that Rhule wants to build on the other side.

As always it will come down to having a good OL, which Rhule prides himself on.

Would I be going out on a limb to predict he will be hammered on here the first game because of his play calling? Maybe he will make it to game #2.
I've said I'll give the new coach 1 1/2 years. But, I didn't say anything about the OC. LOL

Would I be going out on a limb to predict he will be hammered on here the first game because of his play calling? Maybe he will make it to game #2.
Maybe but I don’t think you need to worry about it breaking. It’s what message boards do best.

Reactions: Laner2

Fans know best? Is this a joke?

Rhule and his staff hired and yet to be hired haven't coached one practice, one game, and yet some self proclaimed expert of analysis on this free site know it's problems ahead for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The self proclaimed national analyst who proclaims to know all does this to get attention and notoriety plain and simple. Let's let the true analyst do the job of analyzing not some self proclaimed pseudo national analyst on this free site. Fact, the past is the past and what's happened in the past means very little at the present.

Reactions: leodisflowers
Notre Dame fans warned us about DC Bob Diaco, and we mostly brushed it off as bitterness after the fact. But I think in general you can trust the overall impression of other fans when it comes to assistant coaches. That is not to say that someone is incapable of being successful at one place after having a spotty career elsewhere. Each situation is different. But it definitely makes me wary of the choice.

Rhule and his staff hired and yet to be hired haven't coached one practice, one game, and yet some self proclaimed expert of analysis on this free site know it's problems ahead for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. The self proclaimed national analyst who proclaims to know all does this to get attention and notoriety plain and simple. Let's let the true analyst do the job of analyzing not some self proclaimed pseudo national analyst on this free site. Fact, the past is the past and what's happened in the past means very little at the present.
Ya get what.ya pay for

History is the best indicator of the future.

History is the best indicator of the future.
With your way of thinking Germany may invade the rest of Europe again and Japan may do another sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. The past is the past, it's as plain as I can try and explain it to you.

Last edited:

Who cares what the fans feel. 95% know nothing about what it takes to build a program and be successful.

So far the hirings remind me of the Callahan staff but guess will give the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.

Reactions: FissionReaction
Who cares what the fans feel. 95% know nothing about what it takes to build a program and be successful.
THIS

and also, Frost was supposedly some offensive genius coming in to NU and got us like no wins, so....who the fxck knows how this guy is gonna do here.

Satterfield was the OC for Temple from 13-15 and South Carolina the past two years.

Temple:
96th in Total Offense in 2013
117th in Total Offense in 2014
96th in Total Offense in 2015

South Carolina:
111th in Total Offense in 2021
77th in Total Offense in 2022

These are worrisome stats. Is Rhule bringing this guy in because he's more talented than these numbers indicate :rolleyes: , or simply because he knows the guy personally? Does Saban only hire his buddies, or does he hire on talent alone?

My enthusiasm for the future of the program has gone from about an 8 back down to about a 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT