ADVERTISEMENT

Abdullah waived by Lions

I was so disappointed when he got drafted by the Lions. Hopefully he can catch on somewhere but he's at a very difficult cross roads for a running back trying to stay in the league.

Reactions: tpmcg
Yeah, saw that. Lions was never a great fit. Think if he got the right fit he could still have 4 or 5 good years left. I Wish him well

Reactions: mmunso7
Theo Riddick fills the same role, is more productive, and doesn’t fumble. Those lisfranc injuries can also damage a career. Hope to see AA catch on somewhere else.

Reactions: artguy68
Besides the few star running backs in the NFL the rest are pretty replaceable. I guess you could argue even the studs are replaceable after watching Conner have a great year. There seems to be a lot of average to below average running backs like Abdullah so no need to sit on one that's always injured and/or has ball security issues.

Has he been healthy?

Had a serious Lisfranc Injury at the beginning of the ‘16 season. He was tearing it up in the first five quarters of that year. Sadly that injury seems to have zapped some of his elite short level burst which was his special trait. He’s no longer an NFL caliber RB IMO. Great kid from a great family. He will do very well in life.

Pats have an immediate need and I always thought he’d be a great fit. Unfortunately he’d be on the bench once Michel gets back.
Bench would be just fine as long as he got a contract. Heck he could maybe get a ring. He would fit perfectly in The Patriot Way. Selfless guy who just does his job. I would not doubt that Bill has already asked Rex about him.

Pats have an immediate need and I always thought he’d be a great fit. Unfortunately he’d be on the bench once Michel gets back.

Pats have shown a propensity to keep as many as four backs involved with at least two serving in a pass-catching role. With AA's abilities, he would spell James White as much as he would Michel, imo. And I agree he would be a great fit. They wouldn't ask too much of him or put him in harm's way. And maybe he gets a ring before it's all said and done.

Sadly, he is done. 1 carry for 1 yard, 2 catches for 18 yards and one fumble. He has always fumbled. Coaches hate that. Can't imagine anyone wants to take on that risk for little reward. He just isn't what he was at NU.

pick-em-up.jpg

I don't see the Pats or any good team taking a chance on him. While these teams will rotate guys in and out there number one fear is fumbling. Why give the rock to someone projected to get a couple of carries a game if you think they have fumbling problems? Not going to happen.

If he still has some burst and could possibly play a bigger role on a middle of the pack team, then he might get a chance.

Chiefs. Him and Kareem would be deadly.
He will not beat out Spencer Ware for back up roll. Spencer offers everything that Abdub can plus inside power and minus the turnovers. Seattle would be a better fit. Carson gone for year He would complement Mike Davis as a change of pace backup. But his window there will be Short. Seattle will take a RBs next year.draft,

This surprised me a little. The Vikes have a couple of young RBs who have looked really good when they've gotten in the game. Spielman does seem to like some former Husker players though. I think Johnny Stanton was going to make the practice squad as a fullback if he hadn't gotten injured.

ADVERTISEMENT