ADVERTISEMENT

A tribute to our fans

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Hard to believe we are killing it on the recruiting front today given three straight losing seasons. I have two takeaways from today:

1. Our coaches can really recruit. As in, being able to sell snow to Eskimos kind of good.
2. The rabid loyalty of our long suffering fan base does not go unnoticed.

I was at the Maryland game in vile, awful weather. There were, easily, 25,000 Husker fans there even though we were having a wretched season.

We really do have the best fans in college football. That is a big factor in recruiting.

Dgi_PDqU0AAae4m.jpg

Hard to believe we are killing it on the recruiting front today given three straight losing seasons. I have two takeaways from today:

1. Our coaches can really recruit. As in, being able to sell snow to Eskimos kind of good.

I was at the Maryland game in vile, awful weather. There were, easily, 25,000 Husker fans there even though we were having a wretched season.

We really do have the best fans in college football. That is a big factor in recruiting.

Pennsy, I am not going to hog the stage by posting this in a new thread, but the following STILL rings true my friend...

These recruits parents STILL REMEMBER NEBRASKA!!!

Last edited:
South Fl Husker you must be really happy getting some of the local talent headed to Lincoln.

Those Miami guys are solid. I have gone to games in Fort Lauderdale (St. Thomas Aquinas) and my colleague at work went to Dwyer. I wouldn't go to a Dade County game, but would Palm Beach Cty or Broward. The best St. Thomas game I saw was them (#1) vs Miramar (#5) ranked in the country, and Miramar's 5-star corner blocked a FG to win it (he went to Bama). Prob 30+ D1 players on both sidelines total.

Point being, Nebraska gets speed from SoFL, me likey. And Moms like sending their kids out of Dade to Lincoln. Dade County is a *((&hole, dangerous, bad influences, etc. IMO.

Our staff is selling this nicely. Great job HCSF and staff!!!

GBR

Reactions: Merlin_

I fully agree sir. Also, just take a good look at LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, etc, etc.......Lincoln & the midwest look better every single day. I think it helps now and will help even more when state bankruptcy catches up with the snowflakes.

I fully agree sir. Also, just take a good look at LA, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, etc, etc.......Lincoln & the midwest look better every single day. I think it helps now and will help even more when state bankruptcy catches up with the snowflakes.

I mean, we're a Red State, right???

GBR

We haven’t had one of these posts bashing everywhere outside Nebraska and the Midwest lately. Those of us not as lucky as you who live in god forsaken places like here in Phoenix “enjoy” the posts like yours, as you can imagine. Is there a point to doing this? You do realize Husker Nation truly spans the nation, don’t you? And of course, no university recruits more nationally than we do. Do you think it’s a great idea to bash the hometowns of our players and recruits?

The next time I visit the beautiful Bay Area I will try to remember that it really sucks. Thanks for ending a great day on this board with a stupid insult.

Reactions: zrob
We haven’t had one of these posts bashing everywhere outside Nebraska and the Midwest lately. Those of us not as lucky as you who live in god forsaken places like here in Phoenix “enjoy” the posts like yours, as you can imagine. Is there a point to doing this? You do realize Husker Nation truly spans the nation, don’t you? And of course, no university recruits more nationally than we do. Do you think it’s a great idea to bash the hometowns of our players and recruits?

The next time I visit the beautiful Bay Area I will try to remember that it really sucks. Thanks for ending a great day on this board with a stupid insult.

Amen, but his point is, it sucks when making less money.

Nebraska ia a value proposition. Great people, great place. Not as expensive as the cities of America. I get it.

GBR

I’m just so glad he didn’t bash these communities til after the class signed... can you imagine the effect that might have had on our recruiting class?

Reactions: SoFL Husker

Well, I worked in Silicon Valley for years.......I don't miss it at all. No worries, to each their own!

I'd move to Pismo and learn to surf in a heartbeat if I had the dough.

North of the Bay too.

GBR

Yes, there still are some good things to do around there! Get up early for that though.....the highway traffic congestion can really be something.

Yes, there still are some good things to do around there! Get up early for that though.....the highway traffic congestion can really be something.

Dude, live there. Please, I went to school in Claremont and spent 10 years working on the WC

Now I question your ass...

Dude, live there. Please, I went to school in Claremont and spent 10 years working on the WC

Now I question your ass...

Ok, maybe it's not that bad driving around there? I "assumed" it would be like almost everywhere I've seen in the Bay area.....if I'm mistaken I apologize.

Ok, maybe it's not that bad driving around there? I "assumed" it would be like almost everywhere I've seen in the Bay area.....if I'm mistaken I apologize.

You suspect, but on a day like today, I won't undress you.

But U suspect.

RRT would lay into your ass if he cared about my posts, but I digress...

Nebraska is bittersweet, more sweet than bitter, bitter than sweet...

It's a bittersweet, surrender

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT