ADVERTISEMENT

A TOUGH N BASKETBALL SQUAD NEXT YEAR

Good newcomers coming in next year and a pretty solid lineup.
Hoiberg will continue to build the Program!
Note: Please hire someone to design better looking Uni's.

Tell that to bigboxes 😩
We had the script Huskers.. where did they go 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: CornHusker_635
Skers
NW
MSU
Those are the 3 teams that will be better next season.

Michigan
Illinois
Iowa
Those teams will take a step back

Everyone else will be about the same.

Michigan
Illinois
Iowa
Those teams will take a step back

Everyone else will be about the same.
I wish Michigan would take a step back, but I think they have some real stud recruits coming in. Howard is a great coach. I do think we will be much better as we have 3 good freshman coming in This year, with the transfers, COVID pause, and a tougher than nails conference this year did not help us any. But the kids keep battling and I'm impressed with the effort. I like the spunk they are showing. Just clean up the turnovers and we'll be a much better team.

Reactions: stucknks
I wish Michigan would take a step back, but I think they have some real stud recruits coming in. Howard is a great coach. I do think we will be much better as we have 3 good freshman coming in This year, with the transfers, COVID pause, and a tougher than nails conference this year did not help us any. But the kids keep battling and I'm impressed with the effort. I like the spunk they are showing. Just clean up the turnovers and we'll be a much better team.

They have an amazing class coming in...but they are not only going to have 1 loss next year.

Reactions: nwualum
It will be interesting to see who is back next year. You have to think McGowens and Walker will be back and Thor, Webster and Lakes are gone. After that I wouldn’t be surprised either way on the rest.

It will be interesting to see who is back next year. You have to think McGowens and Walker will be back and Thor, Webster and Lakes are gone. After that I wouldn’t be surprised either way on the rest.
I think we may not see Mayen, Stevenson, Allen or Yvan back next year. You might see them all in the transfer portal

Mayen - He was brought here to do things he is not doing. I think he has potential to be better next year, but I believe he will leave do to not seeing many minutes next year. He needs to produce or his role on the team will go elsewhere. Odds of leaving 40%

Stevenson - He was not getting much playing time and I think he doesn't see his playing style fitting in on this team. I saw lots of head hanging fro. him this year and it lead to spotty play on the court. Odds of leaving 60%

Allen - He plays in his own style and it not adaptable. Allen does not understand the concept of playing as a team. He had 41 points against Penn State and we still lost. That happens, because he does not know how to play within the Hoiberg system. He score 0 points against Minnesota and we won. That was because the team played within the system and Allen played 10 minutes. Odds of leaving 50%

Yvan - He has improved as the year has progressed, but his minutes went down do to Walker and Andre's minutes going up. He has some upside and he is 18. So I don't want to see him go, but with getting Keita I can see him losing more minutes down the road. Odds of leaving 50%

Even though there are a lot of guys on the roster that seem to be fringe B1G caliber players, I hope most of them stay. They need continuity - we can't turn over 80% of the roster again. Hopefully the incoming freshmen take the talent level up a noticeable notch, too. A year of B1G experience and an up-tick in talent should produce results that rise above embarrassing.

Another important piece? Get a couple of more wins this year. It's hard to use the term "winnable" when talking about NU games, but they could steal one against Rutgers, maybe beat NW, and maybe win one of the play-in games on the tournament (hopefully we don't have to borrow anyone from the football team to field a team in Indy this year). In any case, finishing the season with a couple of wins could add some much-needed momentum.

I think we may not see Mayen, Stevenson, Allen or Yvan back next year. You might see them all in the transfer portal

Mayen - He was brought here to do things he is not doing. I think he has potential to be better next year, but I believe he will leave do to not seeing many minutes next year. He needs to produce or his role on the team will go elsewhere. Odds of leaving 40%

Stevenson - He was not getting much playing time and I think he doesn't see his playing style fitting in on this team. I saw lots of head hanging fro. him this year and it lead to spotty play on the court. Odds of leaving 60%

Allen - He plays in his own style and it not adaptable. Allen does not understand the concept of playing as a team. He had 41 points against Penn State and we still lost. That happens, because he does not know how to play within the Hoiberg system. He score 0 points against Minnesota and we won. That was because the team played within the system and Allen played 10 minutes. Odds of leaving 50%

Yvan - He has improved as the year has progressed, but his minutes went down do to Walker and Andre's minutes going up. He has some upside and he is 18. So I don't want to see him go, but with getting Keita I can see him losing more minutes down the road. Odds of leaving 50%
Stopped reading when I saw the name Allen in the sentence. Where in the hell do you think he is going to go lol.
And I might add if I can be creative here. These four players in a few years would have a tough time starting for Hoiberg.
Thats how confident I am.

Honestly, their starting 3 freshman and Williams is only a junior and in my opinion Purdue is already the 4th best team in the conference..
Won't agree or disagree with you. I just like everyone. Don't really care about Purdue in anything. Purdue has to be the most boring of sports in the Big10.
Purdue like kentucky.

I won't give names but hoping at least one more moves on. Expect very limited playing time for the one I am talking about if he stays and I'm expecting he moves on as well as the three you mentioned

Won't agree or disagree with you. I just like everyone. Don't really care about Purdue in anything. Purdue has to be the most boring of sports in the Big10.
Purdue like kentucky.

Rutgers has the most boring sports programs in the conference and is in the conference because of the New York market...

I disagree on Mayen. He had a really rough stretch at the start of conference play but has been pretty solid since then. There aren't that many 6'8" forwards out there that can shoot as well as him.

Allen is the best scorer on the team by a mile. Yes he makes stupid plays sometimes, but anyone who wants him gone is just dumb. He leads the team in scoring, is second in rebounds, and is shooting a higher percentage than any of the other perimeter players on the team.

Yvan and Stevenson probably realize they aren't going to have major roles going forward. Will just depend on whether they want to stick it out or transfer.

Reactions: The Bearded One
I disagree on Mayen. He had a really rough stretch at the start of conference play but has been pretty solid since then. There aren't that many 6'8" forwards out there that can shoot as well as him.

Allen is the best scorer on the team by a mile. Yes he makes stupid plays sometimes, but anyone who wants him gone is just dumb. He leads the team in scoring, is second in rebounds, and is shooting a higher percentage than any of the other perimeter players on the team.

Yvan and Stevenson probably realize they aren't going to have major roles going forward. Will just depend on whether they want to stick it out or transfer.

Yeah I like Mayen as well. He is a bit rough around the edges, but he seems to be our best 3-point shooter. Need to develop him physically/mentally a bit more. When our guards finally figure out how to create open 3's for him, he will be a 40-50% shooter from that range.

I thought Teddy's 41 point game against Penn State was beautiful and exactly what Fred wants from him. In the second half he got a lot more defensive attention and he dropped some really nice dimes instead of forcing shots. Allen played 10 minutes against Minnesota because he's hurt. We won because we shot better and the Gophers suck. He's not going anywhere, at least not for basketball reasons.

I completely agree with your take on Stevenson and Yvan. One of them like to shoot too much and the other has difficulty scoring bunnies. We need to get a transfer to replace at least one of them.

I completely agree with your take on Stevenson and Yvan. One of them like to shoot too much and the other has difficulty scoring bunnies. We need to get a transfer to replace at least one of them.

Yvan is the worse of the two.. Be nice if both leave..

Purdue like kentucky.

the last 3 NCAA tournaments Purdue has gone elite 8 - sweet 16 - sweet 16

That is 7 more tourney wins in the last 3 tournaments than Neb has in the history of the its existence

ya ..... boring

Last edited:
Reactions: AnyOneButYou

Who gives a shit about being the best scorer... selfish play and volume scores are cancers. Deverell Biggs ring a bell? He was a huge contributor, but the team sucked until after he left.

He does "NOT" fit Hoiberg's system, and that is why he will move on. Mcgowens will be our scorer next year, and I don't think they will mesh well. Disagree all you want, but being the top scorer means jack shit to me.

One 41 point game does not cancel out all the bonehead shots in 90% of the games he plays.

Reactions: kruller

That is 7 more tourney wins in the last 3 tournaments than Neb has in the history of the its existence

ya ..... boring
Cmon man. Its Purdue lol.
Get the fk over it

Who gives a shit about being the best scorer... selfish play and volume scores are cancers. Deverell Biggs ring a bell? He was a huge contributor, but the team sucked until after he left.

He does "NOT" fit Hoiberg's system, and that is why he will move on. Mcgowens will be our scorer next year, and I don't think they will mesh well. Disagree all you want, but being the top scorer means jack shit to me.

One 41 point game does not cancel out all the bonehead shots in 90% of the games he plays.
Well, he gone. So kudos. Hopefully Fred replaces him with a 6'11" banger who can finish in the post, rebound, and defend some of these huge oafs everyone else has.

Well, he gone. So kudos. Hopefully Fred replaces him with a 6'11" banger who can finish in the post, rebound, and defend some of these huge oafs everyone else has.
or an actual point guard.

And good grief. The uniforms are so bad that Teddy left.

It is not that I don't think Teddy is a good player, I just felt the guy did not fit what we are trying to do. It really is that simple.

Reactions: Reditus

ya ..... boring

Painter really doesn't get the praise that he should. He is a great coach. Mizzo tried to hire him a few years back (Maybe, it could have been made up) and it would have been a homerun hire.

I thought Teddy's 41 point game against Penn State was beautiful and exactly what Fred wants from him. In the second half he got a lot more defensive attention and he dropped some really nice dimes instead of forcing shots. Allen played 10 minutes against Minnesota because he's hurt. We won because we shot better and the Gophers suck. He's not going anywhere, at least not for basketball reasons.
And just like that, Teddy quits on his team for basketball reasons.

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT