A pragmatic solution to the abortion debate

Crazyhole

All-American
Jun 4, 2004
It's very simple: banning abortions will disproportionately affect women of color. That has been well established, as has the concept of white privilege. Let's take out 2 birds with 1 stone and remove all abortion clinics from non-minority neighborhoods, and increase the access to abortion in areas that best serve minorities

Reactions: NikkiSixx

Bourbon and Lacs

Walk On
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
It's very simple: banning abortions will disproportionately affect women of color. That has been well established, as has the concept of white privilege. Let's take out 2 birds with 1 stone and remove all abortion clinics from non-minority neighborhoods, and increase the access to abortion in areas that best serve minorities
Ah yes, the Margaret Sanger solution. She created Planned Parenthood intentionally to get minorities to self-exterminate. Nearly a hundred years later, Democrats continue to fight her fight.

Margaret Sanger - “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population,” Sanger wrote. —Letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble on Dec., 10, 1939

they2kid

Walk On
Gold Member
Oct 31, 2004
chicago
Ah yes, the Margaret Sanger solution. She created Planned Parenthood intentionally to get minorities to self-exterminate. Nearly a hundred years later, Democrats continue to fight her fight.

Margaret Sanger - “We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population,” Sanger wrote. —Letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble on Dec., 10, 1939
you may as well finish the quote and put it in the context of the letter from which it was written. your use of the quote here is actually opposite of her intention. She is writing to a minister regarding the suspicions that already exist and she is saying ..thats not what our mission is and we need your help to let people know that. Its easy to pull a quote and end it at a comma out of context and use if for your own agenda. In the context here, the half quote is totally misrepresented. Read the entire letter, dont just pull a half quote.

cavalot

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003

Your context for that statement may be out of sorts.

Miss Rose sent me a copy of your letter of December 5th and I note that you doubt it worthwhile to employ a full time Negro physician. It seems to me from my experience where I have been in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with the white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the Clinic he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results among the colored people. His work in my opinion should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us

The ministers work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members

PLUS

She started “The Negro Project” in 1939, with the aim of expanding birth control services for Black communities in the south, according to the New York University’s project documenting Sanger’s writings. (here)

The quote is real and appears in a Dec. 10, 1939 letter to a program director advocating employing Black physicians and ministers to gain trust of the communities the program was meant to serve (here).

Sanger’s concern was to avoid a suspicion that the program’s objective was to stop Black people having babies, which having white people in charge could create.

She wrote: “The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

In 2015, the Washington Post, addressing accusations of racism levelled against Sanger brought up her 1939 letter, saying that while the passage quoted above was “inartfully written” it was “frequently taken out of context to suggest Sanger was seeking to exterminate blacks.” (here)

HUSKERinLA

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2007
We simply need to pass a national law legalizing abortion for all Americans.

And then make it required to be a covered medical expense under any insurance plan.

Crazyhole

All-American
Jun 4, 2004
We simply need to pass a national law legalizing abortion for all Americans.

And then make it required to be a covered medical expense under any insurance plan.
That would disproportionately benefit white people.

Bourbon and Lacs

Walk On
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021

Miss Rose sent me a copy of your letter of December 5th and I note that you doubt it worthwhile to employ a full time Negro physician. It seems to me from my experience where I have been in North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee and Texas, that while the colored Negroes have great respect for white doctors they can get closer to their own members and more or less lay their cards on the table which means their ignorance, superstitions and doubts. They do not do this with the white people and if we can train the Negro doctor at the Clinic he can go among them with enthusiasm and with knowledge, which, I believe, will have far-reaching results among the colored people. His work in my opinion should be entirely with the Negro profession and the nurses, hospital, social workers, as well as the County's white doctors. His success will depend upon his personality and his training by us

The ministers work is also important and also he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members

PLUS

She started “The Negro Project” in 1939, with the aim of expanding birth control services for Black communities in the south, according to the New York University’s project documenting Sanger’s writings. (here)

The quote is real and appears in a Dec. 10, 1939 letter to a program director advocating employing Black physicians and ministers to gain trust of the communities the program was meant to serve (here).

Sanger’s concern was to avoid a suspicion that the program’s objective was to stop Black people having babies, which having white people in charge could create.

She wrote: “The minister’s work is also important and he should be trained, perhaps by the Federation as to our ideals and the goal that we hope to reach. We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

In 2015, the Washington Post, addressing accusations of racism levelled against Sanger brought up her 1939 letter, saying that while the passage quoted above was “inartfully written” it was “frequently taken out of context to suggest Sanger was seeking to exterminate blacks.” (here)
She also was a frequent guest of the Klan, and saw their objectives as aligned with hers. And this is one quote of many. The goal in the letter was to put a trusted Black face on the operation in order to disguise its nefarious intent (although Sanger didn't see exterminating black people as nefarious). Nothing was taken out of context, no matter how hard the WaPo tried to whitewash it and gaslight the public.

Sanger was an unabashed eugenicist, and in addition to blacks, she also targeted the crippled, infirmed, poor, Catholic, handicapped and many others as undesirable "human weeds."

The quote is 100% accurate, and even the Wapo cannot gaslight well enough to make any intelligent person write it off as "inartfully written."

Bourbon and Lacs

Walk On
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
you may as well finish the quote and put it in the context of the letter from which it was written. your use of the quote here is actually opposite of her intention. She is writing to a minister regarding the suspicions that already exist and she is saying ..thats not what our mission is and we need your help to let people know that. Its easy to pull a quote and end it at a comma out of context and use if for your own agenda. In the context here, the half quote is totally misrepresented. Read the entire letter, dont just pull a half quote.
She was not writing to a black minister. She was writing to a white director in her program advocating for employing a black minister to be the public face of the program "who can straighten out that idea in case it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." (Since you asked for the rest of the quote)

Bourbon and Lacs

Walk On
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021

PLUS

One more important note, since I believe you're earnest and just need to be educated:

The Negro Project and "expanding birth control" in the south was not what you think it was. Prior to Lyndon Johnson in the mid-1960s, black families were typically two parent households, as educated as they reasonably could become at the time. Teen pregnancies weren't at all prevalent, and when they occurred (regardless of race), the parents of the teen typically took care of the infant as their own (and often hid who was the real parent if possible). Sanger's goal wasn't at all benevolent. She spelled it out in that letter - the extermination of Negroes. She was trying to "teach" black people not to reproduce. She specifically targeted black people for this program aimed at stopping them from reproducing. And she hired other black people to gain the people's trust while disguising her clear intentions and involvement.

cavalot

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Oct 3, 2003
One more important note, since I believe you're earnest and just need to be educated:

The Negro Project and "expanding birth control" in the south was not what you think it was. Prior to Lyndon Johnson in the mid-1960s, black families were typically two parent households, as educated as they reasonably could become at the time. Teen pregnancies weren't at all prevalent, and when they occurred (regardless of race), the parents of the teen typically took care of the infant as their own (and often hid who was the real parent if possible). Sanger's goal wasn't at all benevolent. She spelled it out in that letter - the extermination of Negroes. She was trying to "teach" black people not to reproduce. She specifically targeted black people for this program aimed at stopping them from reproducing. And she hired other black people to gain the people's trust while disguising her clear intentions and involvement.
That’s a reach. But we’ll worded and thought Out. Agree to disagree.

Reactions: Bourbon and Lacs

Husker69

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2001
It is very simple to reduce unwanted pregnancies and thus fetuses. Contraception, abstention, some personal responsibility, and any caring at all. Any race that has a huge percentage of births, in illegitimate births, is screwed. You can’t recover from that or in society if you run around like animals in heat. Unless a medical procedure is done so animals can run the streets of the world.

Abortion is in the states hands, hands down. It was taken away from the executive branch, by the Supreme Court who followed the Constitution. Or in this case the lack of mention about specific abortions In this document of the USA. Each state is going to be lively with new legislation, voting, elections and the free market working like it should.

The thing about adoptions for the unwanted in the present or past has shown that not near enough good foster homes and sustainable good homes is out there for the unwanted in the USA. A crisis of a loving home environment in the USA. Not hyperbole. It is out there as factual if you really examine the facts over the last few decades. Child trafficking, forced prostitution, increase of new and old drug addictions and serious crime. Abortions are now in control by the states by legislation and voting, rightfully. But better ways need to be somehow developed and done for the unwanted living in our society, here and abroad.

Latest posts