ADVERTISEMENT

A non-Iowa fan dominated prediction thread for NU vs. PU

My guess is this will be our best game of the year and we'll all be saying how in the heck did we lose to nw and illinois....

Reactions: ADV1 and WHCSC
Huskers-34
Boilers-30

Moods need to dump the trash out the other phony thread made by a turd..

Last edited:
The rumor is that Purdue has had a few more guys opt out, including Rondale Moore. They don't want to play and Bob Diaco is their d coordinator. Their best linebacker has to sit the first half due to a targeting call. We may end up blowing them out.
Huskers 34
Purdue 17

• Haha
Reactions: donahues17
The rumor is that Purdue has had a few more guys opt out, including Rondale Moore. They don't want to play and Bob Diaco is their d coordinator. Their best linebacker has to sit the first half due to a targeting call. We may end up blowing them out.
Huskers 34
Purdue 17

I hadn't heard this. Interesting.

Huskers 34
Purdue 17

I don't know if it will be blow out, and Nebraska's toughest opponent is still Nebraska.

But Purdue definitely has some major inner turmoil going on within that program. The Director of Player Personnel just went to twitter calling out some Purdue parents.

Reactions: nwualum
Where can I go to put $100 on Purdue? They only way I can offset the bad juju of all you guys picking Nebraska is to place a bet on Purdue. I don't think I've ever won an actual bet so....

Seriously though, I've watched parts of a few Purdue games this season. They look.... marginally competent. Can't say they same for us so I'll say Purdue 28-21. In case you guys haven't noticed, we suck.

Reactions: Rick Chick and ADV1
Where can I go to put $100 on Purdue? They only way I can offset the bad juju of all you guys picking Nebraska is to place a bet on Purdue. I don't think I've ever won an actual bet so....

Seriously though, I've watched parts of a few Purdue games this season. They look.... marginally competent. Can't say they same for us so I'll say Purdue 28-21. In case you guys haven't noticed, we suck.
purdue is terrible. the B10 west is so mediocre. i can't believe NEB isnt dominating the division. there probably isnt a division in america that is easier to win

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
purdue is terrible. the B10 west is so mediocre. i can't believe NEB isnt dominating the division. there probably isnt a division in america that is easier to win
Purdue is terrible. We are worse. Illinois is closer to dominating the division than Nebraska is.

Huskers 34
Purdue 17
Sounds like a perfect recipe for us to lay an egg. But honestly who the heck know how this one will turn out. I'm sure Purdue will sore points and it will be close.

I’m waiting for the game where all three phases of the Team comes together. The Offense and Special Teams always finds ways to lose a game. The Defense has been bend don’t break but has stepped up when it needed to this year - certainly enough to give the Offense a chance to win the game.

Huskers 35
Purdue 21

Always the optimist. What can I say? GBR!!

I don't feel good on predictions anymore... this team is so bi-polar from one side to the next, from one player to the next player each week in and week out you never know what you're going to get....

I'm gonna say it's a duplicate of the Penn State Game... Cripple Fight 2.0, I'm predicting the same score even
Huskers 30
Boilers 23

Brohm confirmed yesterday that a number of players (in addition to two reported WRs) had opted out for personal reasons, but he did not identify them or the number.

Either Bell or Moore would be a huge blow for them and advantage for Chinander..

I don't know if it will be blow out, and Nebraska's toughest opponent is still Nebraska.

But Purdue definitely has some major inner turmoil going on within that program. The Director of Player Personnel just went to twitter calling out some Purdue parents.
That's probably the best analysis yet. Nebraska's toughest opponent is Nebraska. VERY well put.

Huskers 34
Purdue 17
Not sure where you got your rumor, but Purdue did lose a pair of WR's to transfer. Guys that were being passed by freshmen and the other opt outs are guys that were essentially transferring. I've heard absolutely nothing about rondale. Everything Purdue insiders are reporting is no significant players.

As for Diaco, might not be wrong there. Something is up. No one is quite sure what.

Score prediction?

45-41 Boilers. Lots of offense. Zero defense.

Not sure where you got your rumor, but Purdue did lose a pair of WR's to transfer. Guys that were being passed by freshmen and the other opt outs are guys that were essentially transferring. I've heard absolutely nothing about rondale. Everything Purdue insiders are reporting is no significant players.

As for Diaco, might not be wrong there. Something is up. No one is quite sure what.

Score prediction?

45-41 Boilers. Lots of offense. Zero defense.

The O/U is 62.5. That's a relatively high number, even for a college game. But Vegas is rarely off by 20+ points.

I was thinking the other day, when was the last game where as a fan you were satisfied and said "Nebraska really played well?" It's been awhile.
I hear you! To add to that note, they played well at times in the Northwestern and Iowa games but lost. I waiting to say they played well and won a hard fought game.

Reactions: headcard
Neb -31
Purd - 17

lots of victory laps by the usual suspects after beating a 2-3 team down a bunch of players

Reactions: Cornicator

There a lot of worse divisions in college football:

PAC 12 South - Iowa drilled USC from that division last season
ACC Coastal (which doesn't exist this season) but will be back in place next year.
Big 12 doesn't have divisions, but it includes 8 teams in any given season that would never come close to winning the Big Ten West.

Purdue 31
Skers 13

I bet we make someone on the Purdue team look like a Heisman candidate, who has had 3 catches/runs all season. It is the way.

Since I’ve become conditioned to expect only ridiculously embarrassing results with NU football now, I am sure Diaco’s defense will pitch a shutout, along with at least 2 defensive scores.

41-0 Purdue.

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
Neb -31
Purd - 17

lots of victory laps by the usual suspects after beating a 2-3 team down a bunch of players
Interesting prediction, considering the source. I don’t see how we can hold them to 17. Bell and Moore are as good as any receiving tandem in the country and Brohm is a good offensive mind. If we are going to win, we will have to really run the ball effectively.

The players are pissed at the game last weekend as that was a game we should've won as it was all on us, Iowa had nothing to do with it this time. The team is gonna take it out on the Boilers and I don't think it's gonna be pretty. I also heard but don't know if it's true or not, David bell was also one that opted out along with Rondale. I guess we will see tomorrow.

Reactions: headcard
The players are pissed at the game last weekend as that was a game we should've won as it was all on us, Iowa had nothing to do with it this time. The team is gonna take it out on the Boilers and I don't think it's gonna be pretty. I also heard but don't know if it's true or not, David bell was also one that opted out along with Rondale. I guess we will see tomorrow.
Why would Bell opt out? He’s only a Sophomore.

ADVERTISEMENT