ADVERTISEMENT

A new spring with the same quotes

New year and it's the same spring bull$h!t. They all (coaches & players) need to shut the hell up. They sound like a bunch of F'ing morons with all their "we're getting better and practicing tough and we know what it takes" talk. They obviously don't know jack because they haven't proved a single thing in years. And their idiotic hype videos are a joke. Hype for what, another losing season?

What's the point of talking to the media? Is there no one in Nebraska's entire athletic department or parents or mentors to tell the players and coaches the truth? No one to say, "you guys haven't done anything, so why are yoy talking!" None of the coaches or players have enough pride in themselves and shamelessly blow smoke about how THIS year will be different.

While I get and share the frustration..........

What the hell did you expect them to say?

"Well, gosh, this year we're gonna suck monkey b_lls. Buy season tickets!"

"Well, at least we don't put trash cans on players' heads and make 'em run (even if they are under-achieving mooks who talk too much)"

"I have no friggin' clue what's gonna happen this season. Buy season tickets!"

"At least you can safely drop the soap in OUR showers. (Buy season tickets.........)"

"Hey! You see a hospital around here with kids that we want you wave at? Not here, bubba."

"Our band doesn't suck nearly as much as Maryland's."

"....if it matters it's going to get done."

saw this quote and immediately thought - please let it be from anyone but him ... but nope it was him

perhaps in lieu of a rousing game of dodgeball they could be provided one afternoon in a media relations seminar or a self-awareness 101 lecture

there is a way to engage with the media without giving the impression that you are even more incompetent than what is already readily apparent on gameday

Truly a lack of leadership - feel bad for the kids

Feel sorry for us. We have to scroll through your drivel.

Reactions: timnsun
If I were a player:

"On behalf of myself and my teammates, until we prove it on the field, we have nothing to say. Have a nice day."

It is interesting that some of you think the hype train is the only reasonable option. "What do you want them to say?" is your question. I assume you are too young to remember Tom Osborne, who relied on honest appraisals.

It is interesting that some of you think the hype train is the only reasonable option. "What do you want them to say?" is your question. I assume you are too young to remember Tom Osborne, who relied on honest appraisals.
The difference is that TO had to try to keep his really good teams from getting too high on themselves. His teams didn't need to be built up emotionally and confidence wise like these guys that have known nothing but losing while here. It's a fine line to walk.

What makes you think Frost isn't giving an honest appraisal? We might all think he's delusional, but there's no reason to think he doesn't believe what he's saying. I'd be fine with him not saying anything but then again I pay zero attention to press conferences and off season articles. Also, in reference to your Osborne comparison, I remember a lot of people bitching about his deadpan give-you-nothing responses to media questions.

Sounds like even the players recognize there are deep deep problems with the culture created by this staff

• Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
Sounds like even the players recognize there are deep deep problems with the culture created by this staff

Meanwhile, every husker poster recognizes how much of an ass you’ve become. To insinuate that Williams is shining a spotlight on the coaching issues is right in line with your posting history.

I would encourage you to post on your own board and less on the husker board

EDIT: also, if he was so disillusioned with the coaches and their culture, can you explain to me why Williams came back?

I will not expect a response because you won’t be able to provide one that puts the coaches in a favorable light.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, every husker poster recognizes how much of an ass you’ve become. To insinuate that Williams is shining a spotlight on the coaching issues is right in line with your posting history.

I would encourage you to post on your own board and less on the husker board

if it isn't the job of the guy taking $5 million per annum from the university to create the culture then I don't know whose job it is

"It's a culture thing. We've got to change it". -- going into year 4 and still "deep" culture issues

if it isn't the job of the guy taking $5 million per annum from the university to create the culture then I don't know whose job it is

"It's a culture thing. We've got to change it". -- going into year 4 and still "deep" culture issues
Now kindly respond to my edit... if culture is so bad, why did Williams return?

Reactions: dinglefritz
Now kindly respond to my edit... if culture is so bad, why did Williams return?

probably feels bad for the younger players on the team and in the absence of leadership from the people making millions is trying to fill the void

noble -- I hope the staff doesn't suspend him for shining a beacon on the ugly underbelly of the program

"It's a culture thing. We've got to change it".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: WHCSC
probably feels bad for the younger players on the team and in the absence of leadership from the people making millions is trying to fill the void

noble -- I hope the staff doesn't suspend him for shining a beacon on the ugly underbelly of the program
Don't you have a Klan meeting in Iowa city to speak at?

Last edited:

"It's a culture thing. We've got to change it".
Hmmm... if true, I love the culture the coaches are creating! Empowering players to lead by example and be the change this program needs.

Love these coaches and the culture they’re instilling!

Hmmm... if true, I love the culture the coaches are creating! Empowering players to lead by example and be the change this program needs.

Love these coaches and the culture they’re instilling!

you mean the culture that a starter and team leader is openly stating needs to be changed??

Last edited:
you mean the culture that a starter and team leader is openly stating needs to be changed??
Yep. The coaches have helped him see the light and he is ready to take that step to be a team leader.

These coaches are good.

Reactions: egaRdeR

So if Williams said..."It's a culture thing. Coach Frost has got to change it", that would be a bit odd.

Maybe, stay with me here, players and especially leaders and seniors feel like they are part of the solution and can help influence that.

Don't you want players to lead and influence? I think TO had players lead on culture more that he did.

any team that votes against playing has a horrible culture

Frost should never, ever hear the end of that pathetic & embarrassing display

any team that votes against playing has a horrible culture

Frost should never, ever hear the end of that pathetic & embarrassing display
Considering that our starting left tackle quit before the last game, I think maybe some of the "culture" issue has been repaired by graduation. My personal opinion was that both Farnioks leaving might be a positive. Sadly it seems that Boe Wilson transferring may also be a positive. Boe and Farniok seemed to have an extremely tough time remembering a snap count.

Reactions: scarletred
What makes you think Frost isn't giving an honest appraisal? We might all think he's delusional, but there's no reason to think he doesn't believe what he's saying. I'd be fine with him not saying anything but then again I pay zero attention to press conferences and off season articles. Also, in reference to your Osborne comparison, I remember a lot of people bitching about his deadpan give-you-nothing responses to media questions.
Well, then you can have Frost and I will take Osborne.

I was stealing hub caps from your dad's car when Bob D. came to Lincoln. The question posed was about the players' responses, not the coaches'. Make up your mind.

I once had a Led Zeppelin record that had a skip on it. I taped a quarter on top the the arm to get it past the skip, but that didn't always work.

I lit the record on fire and tossed it into Carter Lake. Cool story, huh bro?

Well gee, Cletus. you've been romancing our stone since 2014 and you still troll.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT