ADVERTISEMENT

A new spring with the same quotes

cruelhalo

Defensive Coordinator
Jun 27, 2003
New year and it's the same spring bull$h!t. They all (coaches & players) need to shut the hell up. They sound like a bunch of F'ing morons with all their "we're getting better and practicing tough and we know what it takes" talk. They obviously don't know jack because they haven't proved a single thing in years. And their idiotic hype videos are a joke. Hype for what, another losing season?

What's the point of talking to the media? Is there no one in Nebraska's entire athletic department or parents or mentors to tell the players and coaches the truth? No one to say, "you guys haven't done anything, so why are yoy talking!" None of the coaches or players have enough pride in themselves and shamelessly blow smoke about how THIS year will be different.

IF you've been a fan long enough you know by now to ignore quotes from coaches whether they be good or bad. Their quotes are like promises from politicians. They often sound great and fool people for a short time but in the end usually are meaningless. What counts in the case of politicians is WHAT they DO after being elected. And in the case of coaches, it's WHAT THEY ACCOMPLISH during the real season.

New year and it's the same spring bull$h!t. They all (coaches & players) need to shut the hell up. They sound like a bunch of F'ing morons with all their "we're getting better and practicing tough and we know what it takes" talk. They obviously don't know jack because they haven't proved a single thing in years. And their idiotic hype videos are a joke. Hype for what, another losing season?

What's the point of talking to the media? Is there no one in Nebraska's entire athletic department or parents or mentors to tell the players and coaches the truth? No one to say, "you guys haven't done anything, so why are yoy talking!" None of the coaches or players have enough pride in themselves and shamelessly blow smoke about how THIS year will be different.

200w.gif

Heh OP is getting bashed, but he is (mostly) right,....

The quotes are the same every year....better leadership, never worked harder in the weightroom, scheme is improved, coaches are all in sync...etc etc...then the same incompetent boobery shows up in the fall and we all wonder why.

These coaches are a joke, spring and summer practice self declared champions. Just focus on getting better please.

feel free to not listen. it's part of their job to talk to the media.

Heh OP is getting bashed, but he is (mostly) right,....

The quotes are the same every year....better leadership, never worked harder in the weightroom, scheme is improved, coaches are all in sync...etc etc...then the same incompetent boobery shows up in the fall and we all wonder why.

It is funny because every year that I coached we would sort of do the same exact thing. First we would look at our schedule and basically do our W/L record, best and worst case.

Then we would start to get really hypey about certain kids on the team and it was all real positive.

Then the season would start and some years we would kick ass in the first game and other years we would get our ass kicked...either way...we would look over the remaining schedule and do the best and worst case scenario after the outcome of that first game.

Every year we did it and every year we started off super positive.

I, for one, am tired of the phrases "turn the corner" and "take the next step". Meaningless cliches that just mean there is no news to report. The hype train would be more believable if they didn't endlessly repeat themselves.

I, for one, am tired of the phrases "turn the corner" and "take the next step". Meaningless cliches that just mean there is no news to report. The hype train would be more believable if they didn't endlessly repeat themselves.

Now we will have the best secondary in the country and AM can lead us to a national title(as far as we want to go).

What exactly do you want them to do? They have to talk to the media. What are you expecting? Do you think Frost is one day just gonna say "We looked terrible today. This team is a joke. Honestly I doubt we'll win a game this year. I wish I would've stayed at UCF." Some of you guys are just looking for something to be mad about.

"Hi.....I'm Scott Frost...I've been advised by a guy making sandwiches at Jersey Mike's not to make statements to the press, so no comment...We hope we don't stink like we have in the past"...

Better?

"....if it matters it's going to get done."

saw this quote and immediately thought - please let it be from anyone but him ... but nope it was him

perhaps in lieu of a rousing game of dodgeball they could be provided one afternoon in a media relations seminar or a self-awareness 101 lecture

there is a way to engage with the media without giving the impression that you are even more incompetent than what is already readily apparent on gameday

Truly a lack of leadership - feel bad for the kids

Last edited:

saw this quote and immediately thought - please let it be from anyone but him ... but nope it was him

perhaps in lieu of a rousing game of dodgeball they could be provided one afternoon in a media relations seminar or a self-awareness 101 lecture

there is a way to engage with the media without giving the impression that you are even more incompetent than what is already apparent on gameday

Saw this post and thought - please don't let it be a troll...but nope, it was.

Perhaps in lieu of yet another rousing troll you could work in a self help session or a how to deal with your inner struggles.

There is a way to engage on this board without giving the impression that you are even more incompetent than what is already apparent in your posts.

IF you've been a fan long enough you know by now to ignore quotes from coaches whether they be good or bad. Their quotes are like promises from politicians. They often sound great and fool people for a short time but in the end usually are meaningless. What counts in the case of politicians is WHAT they DO after being elected. And in the case of coaches, it's WHAT THEY ACCOMPLISH during the real season.
If they were not talking you would be pissing and moaning that they should be.

OP is exactly right and nothing wrong with acknowledging the shitshow that is the current state of affairs. Same BS, check. Same subpar coaching, check. I'm especially amused by the talk about how we are going to be soooo improved on defense. My ass. Thirty points plus a game, again, because we embrace a shit scheme. Blah, blah, blah. Stop with the underachievement and WIN some flippin' games. Or talk the bravado and eat your 3-9 record at the end of the season.

Reactions: vs540husker
If they were not talking you would be pissing and moaning that they should be.
I didn't say don't talk, I just said SMART people who have been fans for a long time should consider it purely as entertainment and take everything with a HUGE boulder of salt. It's like going to be entertained with the latest Godzilla vs. Kong movie. I don't believe any of the science fiction mumbo jumbo but I'm entertained.

One thing also, the players are coached on what to say and how to say things. It would be a disservice to them if they didn't do that.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

Why does it bother you so much? Calm down and eat a Snickers. You aren't yourself when you are hungry

Then stop watching sports. Every coach and player says the same BS! Some win some do not. But what in the hell do you expect them to say?

Said it before and I’ll say it again, Frost needs to take a page from the Saban ‘guide to press conferences’. Say as little as possible and *NEVER* talk your team up and go out of your way to shield your team from hype aka “rat poison”.
Wouldn’t count on him learning from the best college football coach. He played under one of the best and has access to his insight everyday and you see where that has gotten him...

Reactions: vs540husker
I have found it much more enjoyable to not read or listen to anything Frost says. Until he can put a viable product on the field it really serves no purpose.
havent listened to Frost for months. he hasnt listened to me either. everything is going about the same in the world. enquiring minds still want to know.

Media and fans should just leave the program alone, and maybe one day, maybe it will allow us to be pleasantly surprised by what the team accomplishes in a season. The die hard support everyone talks about (and how it's not the problem) overlaps so much more with absurd scrutiny.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

I agree. I think media blackout from players. Haven’t earned it. bo would have them in line.

there is a way to engage with the media without giving the impression that you are even more incompetent than what is already readily apparent on gameday

Truly a lack of leadership - feel bad for the kids
Geezus you're a loser. Get help.

ADVERTISEMENT